Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Star Wars Hotel = Real Life Bunkroom!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Renegade Rob
    Participant

So I thought this was pretty cool. As a Dwarf, Star Wars, and Disney World fan, I’ve been keeping tabs on updates about the Halcyon, the canon in-universe “Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser,” which is really just an immersive hotel set on a space cruise ship. (Obviously I wouldn’t want to go there in the immediate future, as it would definitely be a super-spreader event for both COVID-19 and the Blue Shadow Virus.)

The concept art looked promising, but they just released recent pics of the hotel under construction, and is it me or do these hotel rooms look super Dwarf-chic? Not that Dwarf owns the copyright on bunks with ladders or anything, but damn if I don’t get Back to Earth bunkroom vibes from the aesthetic. Here’s a link to an article with the pics.

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/01/galactic-starcruiser-room-tour-ad1/

Not sure I have a thesis to this post besides “Hey this is pretty cool innit?” But in the distant future where this opens and it’s post-COVID, this has gotta be like the closest thing a 21st-century human being has to actually experiencing living in the sleeping quarters onboard a Jupiter Mining Corporation vessel. Hell, the “windows” of the hotel rooms are specially designed to all look out into “space” so it could be like a legit Red Dwarf immersion experience. Thoughts?

Dave
    Participant

Yeah, that does look very BTE. Nice.

Ridley
    Participant

John Lewis has a Back to Earth immersive experience though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.