Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Promised Land – Score by Paul Farrer

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    thomasaevans
    Participant

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but over on Instagram Paul Farrer has said he’s composed the music to The Promised Land.

Best know for the music from The Weakest Link, The Chase, Dancing On Ice and Gladiators (revival).

Interesting to see a different composed being use on the show (outside of library music being used).

‘Best know for the music from The Weakest Link, The Chase, Dancing On Ice and Gladiators (revival).’

This I gotta hear!

Ben Saunders

The Weakest Link and The Chase actually have pretty fantastic music honestly

Ridley
    Participant
    si
    Participant

A new track’s popped up on Paul Farrer’s YouTube channel. ‘Saving Kryten’.
    https://youtu.be/rMXFemYHOlU

si
    Participant

I keep trying to share the links for three more new tracks that have appeared on there, and nothing’s happening.
    So, one by one:
    ‘Starbug Launch : The Anubis Stone’ – https://youtu.be/QUtiygBsxAs

si
    Participant

…’Crash Landing’ – https://youtu.be/wBbNg_votLk

si
    Participant

…and ‘Moonlight / Starbug Escape’ – https://youtu.be/oqi98Lw7dAQ

There.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Sorry Si, multiple links in one post will get you caught in the spam filter. You’ve only been here for eighteen years or so, we can’t be too careful.

It’s lovely that Paul Farrer is sharing all this stuff, it’s just a shame that after a short period on Twitter the other week in which he described BLM protesters as a “mob”, pledged his support for Glinner and JK Rowling’s transphobia, and ranted across multiple tweets about “the woke taliban”, he’s revealed himself to be a complete twat.

si
    Participant

Really? Oh, that’s a shame. Oh well, let’s just listen to music, eh? And maybe watch Father Ted, read Harry Potter, and throw a big party for Dolphy while we’re at it?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Father Ted is fine, it was written entirely by Arthur Matthews.

si
    Participant

IT Crowd?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Was shit in the first place, no loss.

Dave

It’s Big Train for which I grieve.

clem
    Participant

Hardly anyone seems to agree with this but the Glinnerless second series is *at least* as good as the first. And I could never get into The IT Crowd.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Big Train was 100% Matthews too, I’ve decided.

Ben Saunders

“the woke taliban” ???
    fuck me

Dave

Big Train was 100% Matthews too, I’ve decided.

We need to digitally erase him from the “Dere’s more to Ireland dan dis” conversation from IAP too.

GlenTokyo

If The Woke Taliban was a gangsta rap group, I’d buy their album.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

We need to digitally erase him from the “Dere’s more to Ireland dan dis” conversation from IAP too.

No, both of those were Arthur Matthews, using make-up and split screen. Ironically, Arthur only wanted to dress up as Graham so that he could gain access to a special complete-wankers-only toilet.

Dave

I am actually laughing out loud at these #GlinnerFacts.

cwickham

Arthur Matthews is the real writer of the Harry Potter books.

Ben Saunders

Hatsune Miku developed Minecraft

Flap Jack

Wait, Arthur Mathews wrote the score for Red Dwarf: The Promised Land? Bit of a strange career move, but he did a good job.

Or maybe it isn’t so strange. After all, isn’t he writing a Father Ted musical? It was announced in 2018 and was being written in 2019 with… Graham Linehan.

Shit.

si
    Participant

No, Neil Hannon. Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon. That’s it. Definitely no-one else.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

He’d counted Neil Hannon twice!

si
    Participant

Get Neil Hannon doing the music for the next Red Dwarf. I’d definitely listen to that.

Well, I would anyway, obviously, but… y’know what I mean.

Dave

The Divine Strawberry

cwickham

Wonder if the book for the Ted musical will ever get leaked online or something. It’s basically unproduceable now.

clem
    Participant

Casanova 5
    National Xpress Lifts
    Holly Bobs Her Hair

si
    Participant

Becoming More Like Arnie.

Dave

Come Home Billy Doyle
    The Happy GELF
    How Can You Leave Me On My Own, More Or Less

Katydid
    Participant

Probably worth posting all of these in an article so people can more easily find them.

bloodteller

i don’t think there should be a G&T article promoting music made by a transphobic racist piece of shit

si
    Participant

Yeah, maybe best to keep it here, for only the *really* curious to investigate.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

For the record, while I do not like the guy at all based on his behaviour online, the only reason there isn’t a front page article collating these links is that this isn’t something we tend to do. The forum is perfectly adequate for that function.

Katydid
    Participant
    Dave

Probably worth posting all of these in an article so people can more easily find them.

For a moment I honestly thought you were referring to the puns.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.