So, my first reactions:
- It’s going to be on the free-to-air Dave, not GOLD. Got that? Dave, not GOLD. Good.
- Still no confirmation on the exact cast, but “the regular cast” suggests Series VIII era.
- Stop getting your girly pants in a twizzle about old clips – one of the specials appears to be a clip show (but don’t worry! It’s with a difference!) but when we have two brand new proper episodes and a documentary from the team that brought you The Beginning and It’s Cold Outside among others then that’s just fine with me.
- “Masterminded by Doug Naylor” suggests than any high hopes we may have had about Grant Naylor reforming are dashed. It was never likely, anyway, especially if the new episodes are either continuing from VIII or have anything to do with the film script.
- They’re to be broadcast in 2009 to “celebrate the 21st anniversary”. Looks like GNP have the same attitude to anniversaries as the Fan Club! I jest, of course, but what a massive boost this is going to be to DJ 2009.
- I looks like there’s a view to make even more Dwarf if this goes well (which, viewing figures wise, I imagine it will) which is *hugely* encouraging. Movie, anyone?
- THIS IS NEW RED DWARF. ON TV. IT IS BACK.