Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum A thought regarding Pot Noodles

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

Given recent developments (which, having just checked, got resolved about half an hour ago, so fuck it) is it possible that Lister’s dislike of Pot Noodles comes not from their taste but because, in the future, they’re considered a super-luxury affordable by only the mega-rich? Or maybe it’s both, and his first exposure to Pot Noodle was at that wine bar he went into once, and he didn’t care for it.

Anyway, I should be working but instead I wrote this. We’re all worse off for it, I feel.

Should they have continued Red Dwarf after 18 minutes of Demons & Angels?

Ridley
    Participant

Pot Noodle… Like Martha used to sell.

Then resupplied.

Brayds2006
    Participant

One in trouble, all in trouble! Pots from the Noodle!

locusceruleus
    Participant

It is actually weird in a way, Lister’s hatred for the occasionally delicious dried snack. I’d have thought he’d be a big fan. Well in the target demographic. Are you telling me David Lister doesn’t like a Bombay Bad Boy now and then? It’s senseless.

Pot Noodles are what the Daily Sport is to the lower classes.

It’s targeted towards us but we already know it’s fucking shite.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

It’a funny, but after living in the US for almost a full decade… I don’t actually miss Pot Noodles at all.

Super Noodles, yes. Especially the bacon ones. But Pot Noodles can sod off.

locusceruleus
    Participant

You know what the rarely spoken of underdog of the noodle world is? Micro Noodles. Chicken flavour – which seem to be the only variety. They’re easy and clumpy. Sometimes you want something clumpy.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

They’re easy and clumpy. Sometimes you want something clumpy.

Someone post an appropriate Rik Mayall gif. I’m too tired.

Moonlight
    Participant

I love Ramen if I haven’t had it in weeks, but I hate it the second time in a row.

noknowncure
    Participant

As well as chicken, Micronoodles also have the far rarer Curry flavour variant, which I’ve only ever found in slightly down at heel corner shops, never in glossy supermarkets.

JamesTC
    Participant

I had a Golden Wonder knock off Beef and Tomato today. Tasteless and watery despite the fact that I didn’t anywhere near fill it to the specified fill line.

Jonsmad
    Participant

I always saw it as a continuation of the young ones, mocking the snack in the episode Nasty, and the general attitude that such a quick convenience food is not going to be the pinnacle of cuisine. As for Lister eating them, you mock what you know, so he definately snacks or snacked down on them in his earlier days when they were in supply.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Alexei Sayle used to sniff Pot Noodles in his act, prior to the Young Ones. In relation to what, I don’t know.
    Pot Noodles were a new thing in the late 70s, weren’t they, and probably considered pretty bizarre. Reconstituted vegetables and dust. A ripe target for alternative comedy.
    Once Lister has got the big laugh out of them in Marooned, I suppose it was an easy decision to use them again in Demons & Angels.

Personally I really like them as I only ever had them when my family were camping, and so subsequently think of them as “a treat.”
    My partner had some Naked Noodles yesterday (curry flavour) and didn’t even finish them… The middle class ponce!
    (I finished them. They were lovely!)

Curry pot noodles are fine. Hardly a culinary masterpiece but as far as instant, unhealthy crap goes, pot noodles are pretty tasty.

ChrisM
    Participant

I rather like them too.

Bombay Bad boys are really tasty!

I miss the soya pieces the old pot noodles used to have, though, which my young naive self actually thought was pieces of meat.

Oddly I’ve had soya since and I didn’t particularly like it, but those bits in pot noodle were small enough they could pass for meat. To my young, naive self, anyway.

<blockquote cite=”I miss the soya pieces the old pot noodles used to have, though, which my young naive self actually thought was pieces of meat.
    Oddly I’ve had soya since and I didn’t particularly like it, but those bits in pot noodle were small enough they could pass for meat. To my young, naive self, anyway.”>

…secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short- term memory appears to have been erased.

DAMN IT

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I think I’m going to deliberately leave the Edit function broken, I love watching people struggle.

Jason, you need the full blockquote tag at the start, complete with closing bracket, then your quote, then /blockquote (in triangular brackets) to close.

Well that didn’t work at all.

I realised what I’d done wrong afterwards but didn’t want to duplicate the post. Figured people can see what I was trying to do.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Gooooood, goooood, let the incorrectly formatted HTML flow through you.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.