Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Anniversary… serious now.

Viewing 54 posts - 1 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    thomasaevans
    Participant

Is really nothing happening?

Nothing atall?

Apart from UKG2?

I will be seriously pissed If this is the case. No kidding.

Phil
    Participant

I think Ian’s getting his red pencil tattooed.

I think maybe something will happen…i don’t know…I’m slightly expecting something being said on TOS.

If not then, as has been said many times, we are already incredibly lucky as fans to have got so much recently that we can’t complain.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Well, yes, I can’t think of many BBC shows that have had the same amount of fuss made over them, especially several years after the last episode was broadcast. We’ve had 9 lovingly-made DVDs, a DVD game, a still-active fan club that holds conventions (not this year, but for good reasons), a cast that still bigs the show up when interviewed…what do you actually want, Thomas? It’s a shame that the BBC isn’t planning any special themselves, but you could say the same for many great comedies that it’s made; most of them don’t even get their own special night on BBC 2!

Dave
    Participant

Someone bake a cake

pfm
    Participant

A one-off episode followed by a full series next year (that way they’re not building the new sets for just a special, which they wouldn’t want to do). I’ve never really thought about Dwarf’s return in that way. Surely they wouldn’t recycle any old sets that may/may not be stored somewhere. I wouldn’t have thought anything was still hanging around. A recreation of the sets circa series V would be in order methinks.

TheLeen
    Participant

> Someone bake a cake

ok

penny
    Participant

>> Someone bake a cake

>ok

Thank goodness you said ok because if I had tried I would have burnt the place down by accident.

TheLeen
    Participant

Well, I didn’t bake it yet. Who knows what will happen. I am traditionally not good with cakes. At all.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Lol…Tanya… your so personal.

Im always wanting more. Not exactly NEW Dwarf…. Im not THAT bothered either way now. But something to mark 20 years…! Is that too much to ask TANYA?

thomasaevans
    Participant

Btw… I would like a cake. Plus mabey an ‘Inside the Actors Studio’ Red Dwarf special lol.

penny
    Participant

Maybe I could make pancakes or maybe a mirco-wave meal…On a different note: grrrr! Tesco has stopped doing the Vindaloo Take-out.

John Hoare
    Participant

Tesco has stopped doing the Vindaloo Take-out.

Probably a good thing. It might have shown up in Series IX.

penny
    Participant

Now I want a blueberry muffin.

Dave
    Participant

Now I want a Series IX.

Baz
    Participant

I want a motel room, the Olson Twins and a crate of squirty cream, but I ain’t gonna get it.

Seriously what else is left to do? We’re not going to get a new series. Everything that can be out on DVD is out. Dave is already showing repeats, which we don’t need ‘cos we’ve got the DVDs. Didn’t like the Mobisodes. The movie is a no go. No news about the stage play. No Dimension Jump. Nothing. Not even an audio adventure.

The best we could do is go for a comemmorative curry and then sit in the pub crying into our beer.

TheLeen
    Participant

Cake?

Baz
    Participant

Yes please.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Ok…cake is the answer now. Can we be original and have carrot cake? I fucking love Carrot cake!

Baz
    Participant

Well, in keeping with the spirit of things we should have beer cake-

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beer-Cake-I/Detail.aspx

With tandoori icing.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yeah, not really sure what you can expect from the BBC. A documentary? (it wont be as indepth as ones on the DVDs), some repeats? (that’s what Dave is for), A Smeg Ups Compilation (urgh)…

Yes, it’s a milestone but, like all milestones, it’s not particularly important and only worth acknowledgement because we have five fingers on each hand.

For what it’s worth, on the 15th of February, I will be holding a sprout and urine-recyc evening and showing The End (Remastered), followed by Back in the Red part 2 and rounding things off with the Christmas Mobisode. Tongue-Tied and The Rimmer Song will be played at random, far-too-frequent intervals and Paul Alexander will do a reading of The Red Dwarf Survival Guide. Smegheads rejoice etc.

John Hoare
    Participant

Anniversary celebrations aren’t meaningful in themselves. They’re just useful as an excuse to do things you’ve wanted to do for ages but never quite get round to…

TheLeen
    Participant

Well then, Red Dwarf’s 20th obviously means I have to jump into a playpen ball pit.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

JPEGs pls.

TheLeen
    Participant

IN A BIKINI.

I’m kidding, I can’t afford a playpen ball pit, yet, and the enarest one I know that permits adults (sniff) inside is in Copenhagen.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

It’s not *that* far for you, though!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Well, forget about the ball pit for now, just do what you can with the rest of it.

TheLeen
    Participant

Tee hee hee hee…

The cake? Yeah.

Speaking of cake…I can’t remember if I posted this before but this was my cake at my 18th:
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/281/dscf1263tr4.jpg

Ben Paddon
    Participant

TheLeen
    Participant

EXACTLY.

TheLeen
    Participant

> Speaking of cake?I can?t remember if I posted this before but this was my cake at my 18th:
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/281/dscf1263tr4.jpg

Yeah you have – found it last night through google ;)

TheLeen
    Participant

> Well, in keeping with the spirit of things we should have beer cake-
    > http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beer-Cake-I/Detail.aspx
    > With tandoori icing.

I used the recipe you suggested, and it’s true, the beer seems to have made the cake wonderfully spongy and moist. Instead of tandoori icing I used normal sugar icing ;) but I added curry powder and apricot jelly to the dough. So it is, essentially, a curry & lager cake. (And it still tastes of cake!)

Here’s a picture from before we ate it:

Happy birthday, Red Dwarf.

John Hoare
    Participant

I LIKE CAKE.

mick
    Participant

There will be ‘happenings’ in Manchester later with a good portion of the northern fans, we also have guests! fabulous prizes to be won, and a special exclusive where we will be revealing a segment of the Red Dwarf movie script!

Perhaps a bit short notice for anyone else to attend, sorry about that, Its been a mad week, but if you are in the vacinity we will all be invading the Fab Cafe from aproximately 4:30pm onwards.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

There will be “happenings” on G&T tonight, as well. All we can say is… be here for the exact time of the anniversary.

Phil
    Participant

>Here?s a picture from before we ate it:

Awesome! I want to do all sorts of things to that cake. Especially with my MOUTH.

Dave
    Participant

Take a look at TOS, do it now, I’ll wait.

Dave
    Participant

>Take a look at TOS, do it now, I?ll wait.

Interesting

TheLeen
    Participant

O_O

Take a look at TOS, do it now, I?ll wait.

Gasp of astonishment 0_0 ! I wait with bated breath. (Only, um, not literally.)

thomasaevans
    Participant

Happy now! Cake looks lush too x

penny
    Participant

OOooooh! nice Cake!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Blimey.

That is a nice cake.

Also, the official website is doing something, I guess.

Dave
    Participant

Bobby’s thoughts:

Andrew
    Participant

Nice to see he went for the remastered version of Tikka, there.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I reckon the film was made while Charles was “in rehab”.

pfm
    Participant

> Nice to see he went for the remastered version of Tikka, there.

And this makes up for the fact that he’s playing a VII episode how, exactly?

Anonymous

Bobby loves bit of VII he does. And VIII. Silly sausage.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

performingmonkey, who is neither a monkey nor a performer, says…
    And this makes up for the fact that he?s playing a VII episode how, exactly?

It beats VIII, at least. Besides, VII isn’t as bad as everyone says it is.

John Hoare
    Participant

Danny John-Jules never fell asleep during a VIII episode, though.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Yeah, but he does kids TV now. Clearly he needs video with all-too-vivid colours and jokes that beat you to death with the punchline. I maintain that VII contains some of the finest moments in Dwarf history.

Anonymous

I like the VII commentaries where Chris Barrie watches the shows without Rimmer and asks “This is still a comedy isn’t it? What happened after I left?!”

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I think Danny was upset about him gone because he couldn’t talk about Barrie’s package any more.

Viewing 54 posts - 1 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.