Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Anyone have experience of standby tickets at the recordings?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jellyscare
    Participant

So, I was lucky enough to get standby tickets for tomorrow’s recording. Never had these before or even managed to get to a show. Does anyone have experience of this? I’m assuming it pays to get there as early as possible? Do you typically see many standby ticket holders turned away?

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

I went on standby last week, turned up about 4.45 and was number 17 on the standby list (someone gives you a number as they check your ticket) so yes, earlier you get there the lower your number will be. That being said, there’s only been one recording where they’ve turned away people so chances are you’ll be fine anyway.

There’s a big tent with plastic seats in that’s used as a holding area. They do sell some snacks and drinks in there while you wait and there’s portaloos just outside it. Best to bring a coat as you’ll be there until at least 6.30 and it gets a bit chilly.

jellyscare
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Did you get in as number 17?

Stephen Abootman
    Participant

Yeah, everyone on standby got in. Once the actual ticket holders have got in they go round the standbys by number & give out wristbands.

jellyscare
    Participant

As it turns out, I got a text from LostInTV late on Friday to say they’d had some cancellations and could upgrade me to a guaranteed seat. Was a huge relief and I had a great night in the end. :)

Paul Muller
    Participant

Looks like I’ve bagged a standby ticket for tonight, by virtue of a high speed internet connection and being able to click a link really fast. Quick question for those who’ve been before – is there any parking for audience members? I’m thinking of driving but don’t want to get there and find there’s nowhere to put the car, as I know getting there early is crucial.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Yup Paul, parking on site at Pinewood. Pull into Pinewood, once you’re through the gate, there’s a miniroundabout, second exit, you’ll see a security guad, show him your ticket, and they’ll direct you to park in front of the Audience Marquee and portaloos. I got there for 4pm last time, didn’t have any issue getting in.

Paul Muller
    Participant

Excellent, thanks Kris!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.