Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Bromyard (Midlands) Time Machine Museum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Spare Hand One
    Participant

https://timemachineuk.com/

Anyone been? It looks like some guy’s sci-fi memorabilia collection expanded out into a little museum. Lots of Doctor Who monsters and Thunderbirds puppets. Looks like a nice day out.

There’s a Red Dwarf logo on his website, which suggest he has RD treasures to ogle. Anyone know what he’s got?

I think it’s worth a visit even if he hasn’t got a single bite of space weevil, but I’d like to brace myself for either a full-on Series V Starbug model and something purporting to be a small piece of Lister’s Dave-era jockstrap.

Spare Hand One
    Participant

“It is 85% WHO actual screen used props and costume which makes up the Midlands WHO Exhibition, the remaining exhibits being screen used from Red Dwarf, the Gerry Anderson puppet shows, Star Trek Voyager and some Star Wars items. But predominately this is a WHO Exhibition…but we are sure you wlil enjoy it all!”

(Personally I love the World Health Organization, so even if the Red Dwarf stuff is minimal I’ll definitely be having a blast).

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

My parents took me to Bromyard all the time as a kid, there was never anything this fun then.

Dave
    Participant

I’ve never been but it’s not far from me, I should give it a look.

And according to this link

The Museum also owns the original flying model of the Red Dwarf Starbug, and the Series 8 Kryten Gold costume.

Spare Hand One
    Participant

I’ve never been but it’s not far from me, I should give it a look.
    And according to this link…
    The Museum also owns the original flying model of the Red Dwarf Starbug, and the Series 8 Kryten Gold costume.

Ooh, well found. I wonder if it’s the ‘bug from Whatever You Want?

I don’t want to see that Kryten costume so I’ll close my eyes at that bit.

If it’s near to where you live, please go there promptly. Report back. We await your report. Drawings welcome but not expected.

Unrumble
    Participant

I went there once. Brilliant. I remember they had this one Doctor Who costume (some warrior thing from one of the episodes I’ve not seen) mounted on a pulley system so that if you hold down a button, it does this set of moves where it rocks for a few seconds and then lunges forward at you with its weapon, and these two girls were coming so what I did was I leaned on the button to hide it and just acted like I had no idea why it was rocking, and they just assumed it was unstable, and then the thing goes at them with the weapon and they were like, whoa what! Brilliant. Great fun. I wish I had it on video. I think that’s also where I got my Target novelisation of The Armageddon Factor.

(In case anyone’s interested, here’s a screenshot of what I think it was from a video I remember:)

Ridley
    Participant

Maybe it’s become a nugget of purest Abel.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Their Who props bring all the nerds to the Bromyard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.