Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Choose Your Own Adventure! T-Shirts

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Hello.

Against my better judgement, I’ve decided to start an online t-shirt store (called Choose Your Own Adventure!) at Spreadshirt. The premise is for it to contain nerdy (often comics-orientated) t-shirt ideas and slogans that don’t just consist of quoting dialogue or nicking copyrighted images. I’ve already got a couple of “series” of ideas up there, along with a few individual gags – it’s only in its very early stages, but I thought the good people of G&T might be a good starting point for testing initial reaction to it. So feel free to let me know what you think.

(And hey, if it’s rubbish and no-one buys any, at least it doesn’t cost me anything. Nor will I make much money off it – I’m keeping commission low, so most of the cost of each shirt is Spreadshirt’s own base price. It’s just a bit of fun, really – I wanted to use these ideas)

Anyway, if you’re interested in having a peek, it’s here: http://chooseyourownadventure.spreadshirt.co.uk/

Oh, and suggestions that it’s all just an attempt to wring money out of Marleen’s t-shirt buying addiction are STRONGLY REFUTED.

And yes, I’ll be coming up with some Dwarf-related shirts at some point.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

My favourites are the [spoilers] series and the script scenes. As soon as I’m PAID I will buy one, because I’m nice like that.

TheLeen
    Participant

Good name for a store.

I like the idea behind the alter ego ones, but they don’t look… graphic enough for my taste.

Oh, and suggestions that it?s all just an attempt to wring money out of Marleen?s t-shirt buying addiction are STRONGLY REFUTED.

That much is obvious, as all the good ones are men’s tees!

“1. INT. TARDIS CONSOLE ROOM.” on girly fit t-shirt please.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster
    TheLeen
    Participant

? 14.00 including postage. Steal. That’s your shop deflowered.

When’s the G&T shirt going up?

si
    Participant

There is a whole world of Spaced quotes (hell, the entire series on a t-shirt…no, that’s just silly). How about:

I had to dress up as an elderly Iranian woman once… Didn’t HAVE to.

?

si
    Participant

Or:

Anger.
    Pain.
    Fear.
    Aggression.

Somebody stop me. I could be here all day.

It’s too orangey for crows!

See?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>There is a whole world of Spaced quotes

The premise is for it to contain nerdy (often comics-orientated) t-shirt ideas and slogans that don?t just consist of quoting dialogue or nicking copyrighted images.

Lisa : I won’t be doing ladies’ versions of everything, as I’m wary of making the shop too padded out and repetitive at this stage (trying to keep the variety up). However, if there’s a specific one you want that’s not available, let me know and I’ll put it up there!

Annoyingly, not every colour that you can get in mens’ plain is available in womens’ plain. For example, in order to do Comic Fucking Sans in the right colour, I’d need to use an AA shirt instead – and that makes it cost around ?16. I may do that one anyway and just set zero commission, though, if anyone wants it.

hummingbird
    Participant

Great idea, love these T’s!
    Please can you do them all in ladies fit?

‘1. EXT. SPACE’ has my name on it. Just as soon as I get paid.

How about

What?
    I don’t understand.
    Where’s the tea?

hummingbird
    Participant

I just noticed that the sizes for the women’s contrast T’s only go up to a 33″ chest, which is not going to be big enough for many people (by contrast, the ladies’ dark T’s go from a 32″ to 38″).
    It may be worth offering the same slogans on a plain white or coloured shirt?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Hmm, that’s odd, didn’t notice that! I’ll have a look at doing a bit of a revamp tonight, see if I can get a decent range of options. The problem, like I say, is flooding with too much stuff that people won’t necessarily buy!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Where are you getting the chest sizes from, btw? I’m only seeing S, M, L etc.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster
    hummingbird
    Participant

> Where are you getting the chest sizes from, btw? I?m only seeing S, M, L etc.

The ‘select your size’ text show the measurements

si
    Participant

Seb – stop spoiling my fun. I was just in a Spaced mood and wasn’t necessarily thinking straight.

Now fuck off and leave me alone. I know I haven’t been around as often as I usually am of late, but that’s no reason to jump down my throat as soon as I put a foot wrong… (Sarcasm there. Just to clarify)

TheLeen
    Participant

I just noticed that the sizes for the women?s contrast T?s only go up to a 33? chest, which is not going to be big enough for many people (by contrast, the ladies? dark T?s go from a 32? to 38?).
    It may be worth offering the same slogans on a plain white or coloured shirt?

That’s true, I’m glad I checked the size chart before ordering – the M is smaller than an S at threadless. So I’ll be able to squeeze myself into the L, but only just…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

PrintFection have a fairly large selection of women’s sizes.

Blisschick
    Participant

Must have a Dwarfer’s shirt. Must. When I get the dough.

Fluffy Wok
    Participant

Lots on the “Vader kills Dumbledore [spoilers]” theme. “Harry marries Ron [spoilers]” for example. For alternate personality “Scientist caught in nuclear explosion” in Hulk green or Doc Manhatten blue (maybe thats more origins….)”Doctor with a limp” in Thor blue/yellow but then that could just be House. “Teenage photographer” in Spiderman Red or will that just be an excuse to have your camera confiscated by the police.

Its harder than it looks

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s tricky coming up with one- or two-word ones. I wanted to do a Bruce Banner one but couldn’t really work out what kind of scientist he was originally meant to be! Something like “Ace Photographer” would just make it sound like you were bragging, and “Bugle Photographer” like you, er, took photos of bugles.

As for confused spoilers, I did originally think along the lines of just random incorrect things (“Bruce Willis is really a vampire”; “Rosebud was his cat’s name”) but thought then it’d be more fun to combine existing famous ones. “Vader Kills Dumbledore” is probably my favourite so far.

TheLeen
    Participant
    Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Seb Patrick likes these.

si
    Participant

Been watching a lot of Spaced, and it’s struck me what I can have if I can’t have direct quotes:

FRONT:
    Tim&
    Daisy&
    Mike&
    Marsha&
    Brian&
    Twist.
    BACK:
    &Colin.

That okay?

si
    Participant

Whoops. Twice.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.