Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Coming soon: Mickey Wars.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    HelloMabel
    Participant

One day, I fear, Disney will acquire the entire universe.
    Meanwhile, why not pitch your Disney/Lucasfilm ideas here.

Pecospete666
    Participant

darth vader with mickey ears would be funny!

fozzibear1
    Participant

Mini mouse sues Mickey for divorce on grounds of abandonment?

Jonsmad
    Participant

Huey, Dewey, Louie & Chewie.

Pecospete666
    Participant

“Huey, Dewey, Louie & Chewie.”

That was good

NoFro
    Participant

I’m relatively optimistic. As long as it’s a new Star Wars film and not a new Skywalker film. I love the universe and would like to see things from the angle of a different bunch of people.

I just hope they don’t try and redesign the GFFA (They’d be idiots to tbh) or get some overly stylistic director to do it. Has to be said this happened a lot earlier than I thought it would. Didn’t think George would sell The Empire

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

I am surprised by this but considering the overall good job Disney has been doing with The Muppets these days, I’m also relatively optimistic.

NoFro
    Participant

Also, as someone who finds design in Sci Fi (which I realise Star Wars isn’t) to be a bit hit and miss, Star Wars has always had exceptional visuals. The vehicles, the environments, the aliens etc. have always looked amazing and that’s not something that is easy to get right. For example, whereas some sci-fi films have the main ship look a bit uninspiring, all the vehicles in the Star Wars saga have always looked unspeakably cool and have felt right for the universe and there are a hell of a lot of them. George Lucas has a great eye for visuals and design and I hope whoever gets the rubber stamp to approve concepts in the future realises what works for Star Wars and has the same eye for design. Disney’s merchandising department have similar hopes I bet. Despite any criticisms people have labelled against Star Wars, people have always recognised that they’ve visually been far greater than your average blockbuster. It’d be a shame if Star Wars started to look a bit pedestrian.

With that said, the guys on the Clone Wars seem to do a pretty good job of offering up loads of nice new designs and visuals and though Lucas was/is involved with the show I don’t think a huge amount of design ideas come from him. The supervising director seems to be the main rubber-stamper looking at the production art on the blu rays.

That may be one of the bigger impacts losing George might have. I reckon he’ll still be involved in such things to an extent though. I’m sure anyone working on new Star Wars would want to seek his approval on certain things.

Star Wars isn’t Sci Fi? Well I’ll be damned.

NoFro
    Participant

Well I put that in because I know a lot of people get annoyed when it’s referred to as being a sci fi franchise, instead referring to it as space fantasy. I honestly couldn’t care either way.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Lucasfilm will be continuing as it’s own company with Kathleen Kennedy becoming company president (recently employed as the Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm)

So, as far as i can see, it’s a similar scenario to the Marvel or Pixar. Which can’t be a bad thing.

I now know who my favourite Disney princess is though

Blisschick
    Participant

When Disney buys both McDonald’s and Walmart, they will have achieved world domination.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

To be honest, they can’t do as much harm to the ‘brand’ or ‘franchise’ as George Lucas has done with that terrible Prequel Trilogy. Plus, they have made a successful film franchise out of Marvel Comics.

To be honest, I have no qualms about this “artistically”… I’m just mad that George Lucas is richer than me. I would say he’s disappointing as a person, but really, who says no to having lots of money? It’s only human. Then again, he was preeeeetty wealthy anyway. I just don’t know any more :(

Pecospete666
    Participant

I grabbed this from the nameless one!

Haha, genius!

Blisschick
    Participant

Ha!

HelloMabel
    Participant

This had the odd effect of making me want to vomit and laugh at the same time.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’ve not seen it, but Disney seem to have done an alright job with the Muppets as well. Someone has said that Disney can’t fuck up Star Wars anymore than he did himself, by trying to “fix” his original trilogy and creating a convoluted, needless prequel trilogy. Although he did help start Pixar and for that I thank him, but please George, give Star Wars to someone who do good stories. Ooh, Disney do good stories don’t they? Well, there you go…

HelloMabel
    Participant

Absolutely. My gripe is more with Disney buying up everything and its mum than with them acquiring Lucasfilm specifically.

But that’s what happens when you wish upon a Death Star.

(That one’s not mine; I stole it.)

CackThosePants
    Participant

Can’t wait to hear Harry Plinkett’s take on this.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.