Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum CONFIRMED: Four new eps as new/clip show mix, UK Gold.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Somebody
    Participant

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/sep/17/television

Meanwhile, UKTV Gold will be rebranded as GOLD, which stands for “go on, laugh daily”, with four new episodes of Red Dwarf featuring a mix of new material and archive as its centre point marking the comedy’s 20th anniversary.

EDIT: Comments here, please.

Jo
    Participant

Oooh…

Key cast members of Blackadder, including Stephen Fry, will also appear in a new two-part documentary about the series called The Whole Rotten Saga.

:oD

Ridley
    Participant

Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan’s forthcoming show on new channel Watch will be called Richard and Judy’s New Position.

Ew.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

So the rumours (ie. The Sun) were, more or less, bang on correct.

*Sigh*

hummingbird
    Participant

Shit.

But at least we get *some* new material.
    Let’s just pray for something substantial and not just a couple of weak lines to introduce the next clip.

Who am I kidding? – at this point I’d settle for the guys reading Doug’s laundry list.

No, wait, they did that already. It was called series VII.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Fucking bastard piss and shit it. I haven’t got UK Gold.

Bollocking cunts.

And a glorified clip show. What a let-down.

Unless it’s something like one clip show and 3 new or something.

Though I still don’t have UK Bastard Gold.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

The whole thing is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Aside from the inherent crapness of clip shows, the comedy from Red Dwarf (in its glory years, anyway) came from the characters and extremely inventive plot lines (echoes from the future, justice world, photos coming to life…) That’s why I liked it, anyway.

Taking clips out of context won’t be particularly amusing to newcomers and will be dull for fans. On the same note, 3 minutes of gaggy comedy (in a similar vein to the CIN sketch or the PBS inserts) separating the archived clips will not really demonstrate why this show is so beloved.

Sorry to piss on the parade, but I’d rather they didn’t dump another pile of shit on a once great show. This is, for all the excited rumours, the Red Dwarf sketch book. They’re not “new” episodes, they’re just revised repeats.

For all the fanfare, you could have achieved much the same effect by dressing the cast in costume during the DVD documentaries.

I think I’m more interested in the BlackAdder doc.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Yes. This.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Locking this thread now… more info and comments here: http://www.ganymede.tv/atspeed/2008/09/new-red-dwarf-definitely-confirmed-we-think

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.