Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Pecospete666
    Participant

10.99 at Costco

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

si
    Participant

Okay, I say we *all* post photos of Curry ready meals from our local supermarkets (price optional). That’d be great.

Pecospete666
    Participant

It’s a rare food to find in the the Desert South West U.S. Tucson AZ
    It’s like there is a RD fan buyer working at Costco.
    There’s one Indian food restaurant for 1 million plus people!

Blisschick
    Participant

Believe it or not, Indian food isn’t something that you readily find on the shelves here, at least in our part of the US. Like Pete, you mostly find Mexican or Tex-Mex, followed by various Asian things. If you want to eat Indian, mostly you have to find a restaurant, and then it has to be a *good* restaurant.

Honestly, the best curry I’ve had so far is at a Thai restaurant not far from my college. I could drink that yellow curry sauce with a straw.

HelloMabel
    Participant
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

Oh, Flavor of India. They’re surprisingly good.

anniescribe
    Participant

We have New India here in Indy – there are others, but New India is delicious and affordable, so why bother, I figure. Even my picky friend from out of state was impressed. Any of you come through, I’ll eat there with you.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Annie how far off of I-70W is this place?

I will going back to AZ in the mid Sept.

Connell
    Participant

I live on the south coast of Spain and there’s an abundance of Indian restaurants.. along with an abundance of English tourists occupying them in the Summer months. I’m fairly confident I’m classed as a regular in most of them, which says something about my diet.

Special mention goes to my favourite, ‘Balti Towers’ for it’s enticing flavours and cringe-worthy name.

anniescribe
    Participant

It’s a few miles north – far easier to get to off 465N.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Well I finally had that Chicken Vindaloo
    It was very tasty and I would buy it again!
    It had a lot of chicken for a packaged food!
    They rated it 4 chilies out of 5, I would give it a 2.5
    I have grown Ghost Pepper which were the worlds hottest,and they are F ing hot!
    I have the world hottest growing now,they are called Trinidad Moruga Scorpion peppers!
    They are supposed to be 1.2 million scovill units!
    Since I have no other Vindaloo to compare too I don’t know how good this packaged meal is. But I question it’s authenticity because on the side of the package says Indian Heritage “American Lifestyle” ?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

pfm
    Participant

Had a Korma from Lidl the other day. It was fucking beautiful! I wouldn’t wipe my arse with any Tesco ready meals.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Annie I Yelped that name an it comes out as” 9546 Allisonville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46250″ but map says its Hungry Howie Pizza. ?

anniescribe
    Participant

That is accurate, all but the pizza name, LOL.

Blisschick
    Participant

I’ll be moving to Austin in about a year (hubby just got a job there), and there’s a ton of Indian restaurants. That was a very pleasant surprise. NOM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.