Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum DODGY RED DWARF MERCHANDISE ALERT!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster
    Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

sigh

JamesTC
    Participant

I’ll take 8!

Starkrud.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Why not try this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320366629285&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

It’s only a tenner, and it’s ideal for white supremacists.

JamesTC
    Participant

I’ll take 8!

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You’ve been listening to too many Sixth Doctor audios.

JamesTC
    Participant

Actually I need to listen to a few, it has been a while.
    “I’ll take 8” is a Zoidberg quote.

Almighty_crj
    Participant

>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180286071381&Catego…

“This might go for a bob on Ebay, but right here right now all it is nicely painted firewood”
    “Of course, why didn’t we think of it before? We could burn Starbug!”

J_Spaced
    Participant

Wow. I can smell a lawsuit brewing… Or maybe they’ll just say: “Oh can’t be arsed.”

“I’ll take eight!” Ha! I’d forgotten that. Thank you for making me laugh out loud in the office.

hummingbird
    Participant

> Or maybe they?ll just say: ?Oh can?t be arsed.?

Oh, this. Definitely this.

J_Spaced
    Participant

Which is a pity because if Grant Naylor fancied taking it seriously, I believe that some toy merchandise would be very well received by fans of Red Dwarf and those brilliant people who just buy action figures.

Who would buy:

A playset of the Series III/IV/V bunk room to scale with 5″ figures (made by character options who do the Doctor Who stuff?)

An interior Series VI Starbug playset.

Variant crew and monster figures. Each basic figure comes with a piece of the Polymorph or Mutton Vindaloo monster to construct.

Any other ideas?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I would be all over a set of 5″ figures and playsets.

Dave
    Participant

>I would be all over a set of 5? figures and playsets.

Filthy

J_Spaced
    Participant

I would be all over a set of 5? figures and playsets.

Yes, but would you buy them? Wouldn’t it make it difficult for other shoppers to get to the shelf?

I know what you mean though. Sadly I think it’s too niche for the figures market. There are currently stacks upon stacks of Torchwood figures in my local TV and Movie store. Although the James Marsters figure is looking pretty cool. (See, this is why I can’t buy your comic. Blame Scificollector.co.uk!)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Personally, I won’t buy the Torchwood figures because the sculpts are shit. Character’s Doctor Who figures have been top-notch almost from day one (although their original Ninth Doctor figure is remarkably evil, and their very first Tenth Doctor sculpt – which they’re still using, unfathomably – isn’t quite right).

J_Spaced
    Participant

Have to agree with you about the Torchwood sculpts. Except the Weevils and this new Capt. John. But the rest look like they sculpted the cast’s stand ins.

A set of 5″ Red Dwarf figures would be super cool. Maybe I should finally take the leap into customising some?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

There’s some on DeviantArt. Check ’emn out.

J_Spaced
    Participant

Ah, Dark Angel. He’s over on the http://www.doctorwhoforum.com and is extremely good at this stuff.

I would say his work has improved considerably since this one and he’s moved upscale to 12″.

Very cool stuff.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Do I have to link to my article about proposed action figure waves again? ;-)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.