Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Exclusive radio interview with SingingPotato!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

When can we expect this in the downloads section?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

What are you talking about dogbreath?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

SingingPotato was on BBC Three Counties radio this morning, representing the fan club in an interview conducted by a cretin. Listen Again here, it’s around 1 hour 45 mins in (though it doesn’t seem to be working at the minute): http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0020dhm/Stephen_Rhodes_27_01_2009/

Additionally, James Bull is going to be on Five Live at 5pm later. That’s sure to be good.

Phil
    Participant

>representing the fan club in an interview conducted by a cretin

Now I REALLY want to hear it.

>(though it doesn?t seem to be working at the minute)

The servers can’t handle it. Potatomania is sweeping the nation!

I might sound really dumb for asking this, but what’s Potato’s position in the fanclub? I don’t mean that to sound disrespectful in any way, it’s just that I’ve noticed her doing a lot for the club on Facebook and such, and now the interview, and I feel kind of silly for not knowing what her status actually is.

Definitely nice to see somebody being passionate about advertising the fanclub, whatever her official capacity.

p2p_productions
    Participant

Works for me.

1:48:38

James
    Participant

Vocal spud is the Fan Club’s internet darling! She has worked very hard in spreading the word of the club all over the net, not only that liaising with me and then putting things right. A Plus Distinction Team Member.

Five Live should be fun, the producer used to be in the club, and talking to him on the phone, he actually new what Red Dward was all about!

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

5 live at 5 .. im there ..glad this news is getting such good coverage

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Just listened to Jo’s (SingingPotato) interview. Frankly, she deserves a medal for how she dealt with the interviewer and represented the fan base so well. That parting shot at him at the end was ace!

hummingbird
    Participant

Good work Jo.
    That guy is an idiot.

Jo
    Participant

Thanks folks :o)

I’m not sure whether I should listen to it or not, might be too cringey to hear my own voice :oS I refuse to listen to my call recordings at work too! lol!

I’m just glad that I came across OK and have had good feedback from everyone :o)

Phil my official title is Online Co-ordinator & Publicist (plus BTLi Forum Moderator – alongside Ian and Karl)
    Thank you (and James) for your kind words :o) it’s nice to know I’m appreciated!

locusceruleus
    Participant

Just listened to it. Great job SP. The interviewer was a bit of a dick to say the least.

It always seems to be the case though, with fans of cult shows. Strange, condescending attitudes from interviewers and all that.

Still, we should be thankful that our piddly little show even crossed the radar of such a broadcasting legend.

hummingbird
    Participant

>It always seems to be the case though, with fans of cult shows. Strange, condescending attitudes from interviewers and all that.

You’re right, of course.
    But even stranger is the fact that it’s still considered to be a cult show – and by implication only appealing to a minority audience – even after the ratings for VIII.

ChrisM
    Participant

I just heard it too. Very good. I figured the guy was mostly just joking* rather than being deliberately condescending although he’s obviously not a fan. (Maybe I’m naive though. I sometimes think I’m a bit paranoid but I’ve noticed other people tend to pick up negativity from people when I do not.) The lady in the studio with him bigged it up though. Not bad Father Jack cross-over idea. ;)

As for the ‘parting shot’ he really opened himself up for that didn’t he?

*Although the insanity thing was a bit strong.

locusceruleus
    Participant

>But even stranger is the fact that it?s still considered to be a cult show – and by implication only appealing to a minority audience – even after the ratings for VIII.

Ratings don’t seem to come into it anymore. I think to most people these days cult = 1) devout following leading to conventions + 2) slightly nerdy premise.

Hence Doctor Who is a cult show, Coronation Street isn’t. Ah well.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Hence Doctor Who is a cult show, Coronation Street isn?t. Ah well.

That is interesting. Especially when you consider that some people are SO into soap operas they are every bit as ‘extreme’ (that word’ll do) as the hard-core ‘geeks and nerds’ in the Sc-fi world. Even down to the characters and actors somehow being confused in being the same people. (I.e you hear of actors being sent commiseration letters if their character has suffered bereavement or actor playing rascals being accosted in the streets.)

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

If anything, they’re worse than we are…

locusceruleus
    Participant

Don’t doubt it. Soap fandom is just more socially acceptable than sci-fi/sitcom fandom for some reason.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.