Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Ganymede & Titan Remastered

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    flanl3
    Participant

I’ve heard they’re going to add a loud pots-and-pans crash sound every time a user gets banned or flees the site, as well as a loud doorhinge creak every time somebody makes their first post. What do we think of these new changes?

cwickham
    Participant

EPILOGUE: The fourth opinion, which was much less combinable than the other three, stowed away in a cloche – where it died of old age many years later.

Dave
    Participant

Ganymede & McTitan.

Cloche
    Participant

They should make the banner have CGI photos instead of the real ones we get now. It’ll look so much better.

peepingsignal
    Participant

I heard that they were gonna insert a CGI Pecospete into the Headfuck Monday thread.

flanl3
    Participant

I wonder if anybody will own up to adding that skutter over mick’s hand in that first wank scene. I mean, we all know it was John, but he’ll still try and blame it on Ian.

Jonsmad
    Participant

They got a few of them back to re do some of their old posts, but you could tell their faces were now all fatter, it was jarring and rather pointless.

Phil
    Participant

Performingmonkey is going to be called back in to retype all his old posts, despite the fact that he looks 20 years older.

Phil
    Participant

I should have reloaded the page. Or killed jonsmad when I had the chance.

Cloche
    Participant

Rumor has it they’re going to censor all the jokes that are in poor taste and that are about the UK so they can appeal to a more general audience. Of course, that means only about three worthwhile posts would remain.

Jonsmad
    Participant

A new version of the same old jokes, is what remastering is all about Phil. :-)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

This is a good thread.

JamesTC
    Participant

The banner will be expanded to be three times as long. The search box will have legs.

Every news story will have the back of Doug Naylor and Ed Bye’s head superimposed to the bottom of the page so it looks like they are reading the news too.

flanl3
    Participant

This is a good thread.

I hear they plan to throw in Ian Symes making a bunch of these seemingly useless ship-wide announcements and such.

cwickham
    Participant

They’re going to cut out the bit in Low & High: Red Dwarf Remastered where John Hoare complains about them cutting out the white card/black card material from Balance of Power.

Phil
    Participant

I hope they finally address the issue of how empty the text here looks by adding nebulae in the background.

Paul Muller
    Participant

All text on the site will be changed to Times New Roman.

Paul Muller
    Participant

You’d think after 10 years on this forum I’d have learned to embed a fucking image.

Cloche
    Participant

They’ll put a shitty effect over everything to make it seem more high production and movie-like.

clem
    Participant

They’ll probably replace those photos of Ellie Crisell John used to use for his Newsrounds with ones of Katie Couric, and I bet a few people will have their user names misspelled in certain forum threads.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Paul’s pic in all its embedded glory:

That made me do a massive laugh.

I really wanted to actually make a TM:YNYN Re-Mastered for its tenth anniversary. Due to my lack of technical knowledge, the version on the DVD was edited from really low-res captures of the footage, and isn’t even bloody graded. I’d have recaptured it, did my best to make it look passable, recut it, reinstated some of the deleted scenes and shot a pick-up for that awful final shot of the fax.

Then I remembered that I don’t have the tapes any more. Ah well.

Paul Muller
    Participant

Think it’s time G+T teamed up for a docudrama recreation of Norman having his ball taken away.

pfm
    Participant

> Performingmonkey is going to be called back in to retype all his old posts, despite the fact that he looks 20 years older.

Then I’m gonna turn into a guy who looks like Slugworth from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory to replace a perfectly good original actor in a scene about chess

Cloche
    Participant

I’m willing to bet good money this site will be ‘Remastered’ on April 1st now.

JamesTC
    Participant

The project will open up Ganymede & Titan to new markets and will make it possible to make a Japanese translation.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Bing Bong. All posts will be re-edited to include the prefix “Bing Bong”. That won’t get old quickly, mark my words.

cwickham
    Participant

The above joke about the replacement Gordon will be re-edited so you can actually see the impact.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

[Post deleted to save time]

Jawscvmcdia
    Participant

Will we see any previously unseen tests for the proposed Ganymede and Titan Movie?

si
    Participant

Then I remembered that I don’t have the tapes any more. Ah well.

I’ve still got all the footage shot for my runner-up ‘Afternoon of the Polymorph’. You could have a go at that if you want. You’d get to see more than the ten seconds (?) that you see on the DVD.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Still got it on VHS on my Red Dwarf shelf.

peepingsignal
    Participant

All Seb Patrick posts after his departure from G&T staff will be rendered in greyscale as was originally intended in 2011.

flanl3
    Participant

There is a 1 in 5 chance that clicking a link will just take you to the plain wrong place.

Ridley
    Participant

That G&T: The Misc. Collection looks good thoug–

*fire*

NO!!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

All Dwarfcasts to be re-recorded with new voice actors to fit in more with the characters portrayed.

flanl3
    Participant

I heard that for The Misc. Collection they were planning on reuploading all of Observation Dome for everyone to look at.

Oh, wait.

Moonlight
    Participant

Due to my lack of technical knowledge, the version on the DVD was edited from really low-res captures of the footage, and isn’t even bloody graded.

Grading is really tricky business. In my experience when working with footage off cheap consumer cameras (or more recently, trying to grade early Red Dwarf for fun), the most important things to worry about are the contrast and the black levels. The bigger question is whether the camera was consistently set the same settings.

Auto exposure and white balance are great for home movies of your new baby, but can really screw you over when seriously filming something. Color adjustments add a lot but the most profound change, at least to me, comes with that initial contrast and black level adjustment that turns the footage from a murky grey into something actually alive.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

All Dwarfcasts to be re-recorded with new voice actors to fit in more with the characters portrayed.

I would genuinely love to go back and overdub that Yorkshire cunt.

Rival Schools
    Participant

Dibs on playing the beard in the remake of Yeah, No, Yeah, No.

flanl3
    Participant

All beards will get little CGI mustaches which are in the right place about 30% of the time.

cwickham
    Participant

The music played at the beginning of the Dwarfcast for Can of Worms has been changed to “Mrs Grace” by The Tymes.

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.