Hollister and Todhunter’s share the same first name, ‘Frank’

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Hollister and Todhunter’s share the same first name, ‘Frank’

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

quinn_drummer

Probably occurred to most of you before but I’ve only just picked up on it.

Holly calls Todhunter Frank when he activated the stasis field in The End. And Hollister is called Frank by that female officer in Back in the Red.

cwickham

There’s also Rimmer’s Uncle Frank. What was it with that name? (Is Hollister’s first name stated or shown to be Frank in any I or II episode?)

quinn_drummer

And now you mention that, Rimmer’s got a brother called Frank.

I don’t think he is given a first name until series 8.

MANI506

He is given his name in Polymorph and Timeslides.

quinn_drummer

Frank Rimmer yes. I meant Hollister isn’t given his first name until BitR

clem

There’s also the washing machine Kryten names Frank in Blue, and Frank who finds baby Lister in the bar in Ouroboros.

clem

And Frank Saunders in the first novel.

quinn_drummer

Shouldn’t forget to mention Saint Francis of Assisi

curtis

Forget all this Frank stuff, Hollister and Lister both have ‘Lister’ in their name.

Warbofrog

And Holly and Hollister both have ‘Holl’ in their name.

It’s like The X-Files with all its Williams.

Dave

And Frankenstein, of course.

I think we went through all these in the ‘idea for an episode’ thread a while back (Franks For The Memory etc.).

International Debris

Forget all this Frank stuff, Hollister and Lister both have ‘Lister’ in their name.

Hollister. Hol. Lister. The final episode will reveal that Hollister is a combined projection of Holly and Lister, planted on Red Dwarf to ensure that Lister goes to stasis and keeps the human race alive. It’s a blatant clue, isn’t it?

Dave

That’s the final irony, isn’t it? That Lister, the ultimate anti-authoritarian, turns out to be Captain.

Plastic Percy

I think one of the DVD booklets points out how Frank has had a resurgence in popularity in the future.

flanl3

Theory: all the Franks are the same person. You never see them in the same room, do you?

Dave

Frank²

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.