Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum How well does Series 10 hold up now?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

Obviously with Series 11 out and with Series 12 being broadcast as I write this, how well does Series 10, which is five years old this year, hold up in comparison?

Many see Series 10 as the first ‘proper’ series of Red Dwarf since the end of the original BBC run in 1999, as it was the first Dave series to reintroduce a live studio audience, have model effects, and have all four crew members doing what they do best and back on Red Dwarf. Does it hold up well compared to Series 11 (and soon to be released 12)? Has your opinions of it changed following the release of Series 11 and 12?

Ridley
    Participant

Why did you combine three separate people’s opinions into one though?

bloodteller
    Blocked

no.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Many see Series 10 as the first ‘proper’ series of Red Dwarf since the end of the original BBC run in 1999

I for one am shocked that many people see the first series since 1999 as being the first series since 1999.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

(played by Robert Llewellyn)

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Will you actually be partaking in this discussion, or will you just lose interest, toddle off and create a new thread about something else?

(deleted)
    Participant

We’re in the rare vantage point if being in the broadcast window of a brand new series, it could be years until the next one, so til then WHO THE FUCK CARES

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I don’t know how well it holds up compared to the soon to be released 12. Clue’s in the question.

Ridley
    Participant

PS I am broadcasting as I write this.

Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

@Ridley: broadcasting on what, exactly?

JamesTC
    Participant

I think it holds up really well. The Max Power episode is a particular highlight.

George Kaplan
    Participant

Well that’s the end of that chapter.

Moonlight
    Participant

[scarf is caught in a ceiling fan]

MANI506
    Participant

This is one for the Pearl Poll but I feel X and BTE have both got better with age.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Nah.

Frankly, the soon to be released 12 is far worse than 10. At least 10 has plots, jokes, and we’ve seen it. 12’s got five totally unseen episodes, which just feels like a letdown.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

But it’s being broadcast as I write this.

Brayds2006
    Participant

Series 10? Series 10 was YEARS ago. We’re far more concerned at the moment about the quite hideous thing that’s happened to Series 12.

pfm
    Participant

It holds up better than that 10th series of most shows.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

With Carnival of Monsters, Frontier in Space and The Green Death, Doctor Who gives Red Dwarf a run for its money.

Also, with The Pilot, World Enough and Time and The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who gives Red Dwarf a run for its money.

Sofajockey
    Participant

Jawscvmcdia – you’re like Kilroy* if Kilroy wandered off the set after the first twenty seconds of the show and just left the guests to it.

* or Trisha

Pete Part Three
    Participant

(Played by Robert Kilroy-Silk)

pfm
    Participant

> With Carnival of Monsters, Frontier in Space and The Green Death, Doctor Who gives Red Dwarf a run for its money.

Bleh Pertwee……..

I’m JOKING, of course. (even though Pertwee IS pretty low on my Doctor list……)

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Well there’s always somebody who has to be wrong (;

By Jove its holmes
    Participant

Well, I for one would ^love^ to see Seb P.’s take on playing Buford T. Justice and – oh? This *isn’t* the thread for disjointed ramblings?

Bugger…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.