Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum I consider that to be a productive hour.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I have found both the Spaced House:

51°33’14.06″N, 0° 7’49.23″W

And the shop that was used on Black Books:

51°31’35.77″N, 0° 7’29.80″W

Both on Street View.

That is all…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

ARGH! Why didn’t you do this three weeks ago when I was in London?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Sorry dude, if it’s consolation, we never got round to seeing the Spaced house when i was in london last weekend either.

We was busy little monkeys…

Carlito
    Participant

You labelled them the wrong way round.

TheLeen
    Participant

Thanks, perfect additions to the google map I’ll be using next time I come over. I also must see Wayne Manor and the Reynholm Industries building. Already seen Lara Croft’s house. Fantastic.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>ARGH! Why didn?t you do this three weeks ago when I was in London?

If you were that desperate to see ’em, they’re not that hard to find out online ;-)

I managed to get through about six months where my ex was living just around the corner from the Spaced house, and not once did we bother to go and look at it despite constantly talking about it. I guess I’m not as bothered as I keep thinking ;-)

si
    Participant

>I consider that to be a productive hour.

I saw that headline and thought we were in for another hilarious wanking anecdote.

TheLeen
    Participant

Any more ideas for filming locations sight seeing?

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Arkham Asylum is just around the corner from where I live (in Mill Hill).

Erm…the street where they have the gun fight in Spaced is here:

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=camden+tup&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.240319,28.125&ie=UTF8&ll=51.53879,-0.141824&spn=0.000786,0.001717&t=h&z=19

Just outside the Camden Tup.

TheLeen
    Participant

> Arkham Asylum is just around the corner from where I live (in Mill Hill).

Nice!
    (Where’s Mill Hill?)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

North London, near Camden.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

As for other places to visit:
    http://www.ganymede.tv/just-the-locations

TheLeen
    Participant

… see, google maps told me the only mill hill was somewhere up there near Newcastle.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

There’s *nothing* up there near Newcastle.

ChrisM
    Participant

I went to Newcastle once for a job interview. I was quite surprised to find they had their own tube system! And the city reminded me of London in places. I got there quite quickly too. (I almost got that job too.)

I went to Carlisle for another job interview some weeks before, and although it’s geographically about the same distance (perhaps a bit more crossing England, albeit it’s the thinner bit at the top) it took ages. (Mind you, I supsect I took the slower ‘stop everywhere’ train.) Gorgeous countryside though.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> I went to Newcastle once for a job interview. I was quite surprised to find they had their own tube system

Glasgow has it’s own tube too. Although it’s simply a circle line and only has about 8 stations.

si
    Participant

I remember going to Newcastle to visit my Great-Grandma when I was little. Grandma Jennings had a little black poodle called Jason.

It’s these things you remember…

hummingbird
    Participant

Bloody southerners.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Liverpool has a tube too.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Smarties used to have a tube too.

Not any more though.

It’s political correctness gone mad.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

You can’t eat Smarties out of a tube anynmore, Stew… In case a jew sees it.

p2p_productions
    Participant

>It?s political correctness gone mad.

“Abso-bloody-exactly!”

ChrisM
    Participant

Smarties used to have a tube too.

Not any more though.

It’s been so long since I’ve had smarties*, I did not know that!

*Not to suggest I’m too old for them. Nobody is too old for chocolatey goodness. I think I prefer M&Ms though although I feel guilty for saying that for some reason. Haven’t had those in a while either.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

You probably feel guilty, Chris, because M&Ms are American.

si
    Participant

Well, they *are* in a tube of sorts. Just not a … tubular one. It’s all angular…okay, it’s not a tube. It does have a funky cardboard fliptop lid though.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Liverpool has a tube too.

I was going to point out that only four of the 67 stations are underground, until I realised that that’s probably a similar percentage to the London Underground, as well.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> *Not to suggest I?m too old for them.

Personally I used to love the childishness of the old Smarties tubes but found I’ve outgrown them these days and have no idea what I saw in them during my youth. It’s all just jokes about curry, anyway.

hummingbird
    Participant

> I was going to point out that only four of the 67 stations are underground

And only one of those is currently open.
    Not that I’m a bitter, twisted and resentful commuter, at all.

ChrisM
    Participant

>You probably feel guilty, Chris, because M&Ms are American.

That is actually it! Sure, they’re much the same thing, but it’s something about the shape and the chunkiness of the chocolate inside*. And then there are the peanut varieties….

*Albeit smarties are wider so it amounts to the same thing really.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Don’t forget M&Ms crispy!

ChrisM
    Participant

I think that’s partly it too.

TheLeen
    Participant

Smarties vs M&M: I had no idea one of the two wasn’t American. I grew up with Smarties though. And they don’t come in tubes anymore? Wtf. What else have I missed? I feel old now…

J_Spaced
    Participant

I’ve been to the Black Books shop. It was really bizarre. Ended up buying an expensive poetry book for a girlfriend… I think…
    What was strange was that the books were SO specific I find it hard to believe they get much passing trade. The bloke in the shop seemed happy to sit and smoke his pipe, in his tweed jacket and read. Like a sober Bernard Black, not concerned with making any money. He did tell me what kind of books they were but I can’t for the life of me remember the term. Typological or something.

He chatted a bit about the filming and said that everyone was really nice and pleasant. Then I went over the road to the pub outside of which the Millwall fans pounded Bernard until they got tired and went away. It served a nice English breakfast so: recommended (although this was some time ago, many years in fact). The barmaid hadn’t been around when they were filming though.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.