Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum If you could change 3 things about Red Dwarf…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bloodteller
    Participant

If you could change 3 things about Red Dwarf, what would they be? Mine would be-

1. Keep the original ending to Only The Good…
    2. Remove Timewave from existence
    3. Replace the VII Starbug with VFX that aren’t shit

Bargain Bin Holly
    Participant

Nothing, cause I love it so much it wouldn’t be the same without all those flaws that keep a guy interested

Pete Part Three
    Participant

1. Rob Grant’s mind.

1. VII episode 2: they use the time wand to go back to the point they lost Red Dwarf and get it back, in the process realising that they’re actually the ones who stole it in the first place.
    2. Find a way to keep Chris Barrie from leaving (or somehow write his character into the plot of the remaining four episodes of VII in a way that would remove the necessity of Kochanski and Nano Rimmer)
    3. Give Officer Rimmer a proper ending.

cwickham
    Participant

1. Series VII
    2. Series VIII
    3. Back to Earth
    4. Timewave

GlenTokyo
    Participant

1) Rob not leaving
    2) Hattie not being written out because the writers couldn’t be arsed to write for her, or even write Holly Infront of a few Kryten speeches.
    3) Stuck with VII’s writing style, just get an audience in.

tombow
    Participant

– make them care about continuity more such as following up plot points like Toaster’s prediction of Lister jump-starting the universe and how will he have sons on board RD as an old man

– make it more cold and remote feeling like the first 3 series

– not so much silly humor

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Did the toaster predict that? I thought it was Wormtail in Back to Reality

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Is his name Toaster?

Bargain Bin Holly
    Participant

He’s talking about in the novel Better Than Life

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Well, kinda.

Lister “jump-starting” the *second* big bang is from Back to Reality. Lister creating the universe is from Better Than Life and is what *Holly* says to Talkie after becoming a genius.

clem
    Participant

> Is his name Toaster?

His name is Andy, and I’ve just had to google Wormtail.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Talk about a generation gap, lol

Warbodog
    Participant

I’ve aged out of most of the internet by now. I don’t know who Thanos is, so I’m too old to browse reddit.

Bargain Bin Holly
    Participant

He’s the Inquisitor but purple

Ben Saunders
    Participant

He’s just the evil guy from the Star Trek episode The Conscience of the King but purple

Warbodog
    Participant

Thanks dudes! Now I’m off to shave my pubes on Snapchat while posting Steven Universe memes.

bloodteller
    Participant

>I’ve aged out of most of the internet by now. I don’t know who Thanos is, so I’m too old to browse reddit.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m quite young and I don’t know who Thanos is either

Dave
    Participant

Thanos was created 15 years before Red Dwarf appeared on TV, so you’ve all done well to avoid him for so long really.

bloodteller
    Participant

Well it’s not like you can bump into him on the High Street is it

Dave
    Participant

Go on a high street today and it’s pretty impossible to avoid Avengers stuff, so yes.

Ridley
    Participant

>(or somehow write his character into the plot of the remaining four episodes of VII in a way that would remove the necessity of Kochanski and Nano Rimmer)

Well, Naylor could have written Rimmer back into VIII any way he wanted. I’m glad he hasn’t definitively stated that the Dave era Rimmer is the ‘original’ hologram (on-screen at least) cause I’d rather not see Stoke’s ending undone as closure for – that version of – the character.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

I’m in that part of the internet Venn diagram where Thanos and Wormtail mean fuck all to me, but the kid from the Goonies and the fat cunt from Auf Wiedersehen Pet are right in my wheelhouse.
    So with that in mind, I wouldn’t change a thing because I am old and therefore I fear change.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.