Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Keep watching the all-new reddwarf.co.uk for more updates.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Steve Harris
    Participant

So, what is it?

Clearly it’s the biggest clue-hint yet as to what’s coming at 4.00pm on Monday…

Or a bloody big Red Herring…

For anyone who didn’t notice it’s at the end of todays ‘The sound of smeggers’ update’

James
    Participant

I new website would be great!

Andrew
    Participant

:-)

Steve Harris
    Participant

Oddly, I read the update earlier and whilst audio CD’s are a damned good idea, they are not really my cup of tea.
    Something made me pop back later though and I now wonder if the ‘all new’ registered somewhere in the back of my mind cos it didn’t click at lunch time…

More cunning than a sack full of Polymorphs if you ask me

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> I new website would be great!

2 new websites would be even better!

pfm
    Participant

We’re all gonna get sucked into a black hole. That’s what’s going to happen.

Steve Harris
    Participant

I was half expecting a barage of speculation about what ‘all new’ may or may not actually mean. Instead of course, the webboard shows little interest in what’s happening around it and continues to spiral ever closer to mediocrity and a general lack of interest in anything new regarding Dwarf.
    Many of the regulars have been there for years and seem oblivious to the fact that the site they frequent, often daily, could change beyond all recognition.
    Obviously we wont know until Monday what changes will take place if any and whether the board will be effected at all but I cant help feeling come Tuesday, several people will wake up and find their world has changed and not have the faintest idea why.
    Having been slightly dubious about change and the need for change, I have to say I’m actually looking forward to this.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Yes, the fact that people can ask questions on the Webboard that are quite readily and clearly answered on the main TOS site has always staggered me somewhat…

Steve Harris
    Participant

A while back, Andrew reported huge numbers of weekly hits on the main site but few of these hitters arrive on the webboard it seems and those that do, seldomly stop long..
    This could be due to a number of reasons and I guess most of these are interested in news on Dwarf rather than being sociable which is perfectly natural of course.
    As a result the board has become more of a general social area than a Dwarf forum and I think this is quite noticeable and has been edging that way for some time.
    I’m as guilty as anyone when it comes to going off topic and talking crap but the scales have been tipping towards generality for ages. What does surprise me though is the feeling that many of the regulars dont even bother reading the Friday updates judging by the responce when someone does mention them…

James
    Participant

> I new website would be great!

>2 new websites would be even better!

I agree, and its been worked on right now :)

James
    Participant

It feels as though the BBC comment and subsequent news about the Movie and the Series of Red Dwarf killed the casual fan. But it could be that a generation of fans have grown up so to speak, and moved on, married, baby’s and work have moved them away. I think the constant questions has nothing to do with lack of intrest on the forums, people have been asking about the Movie every week for years! I think they want a personal responce from someone in charge; Andrew. Just looking doesn’t fill everybody with the information they need.

If indeed it is a new site, I’m sure this could only do more good for fans. The navigation is ok on co.uk but as you get deeper the Time Hole section and the Black Box section could be as one, you get the feeling it’s duplicated even though it’s not. I could go on but I’m sure if it is a new site the people in charge have already thought about every detail.

We get weekly updates from a show that finished 10 years ago. I find that amazing and have massive respect for GNP for still taking the time to do this. A new home to place the history of Red Dwarf. Yes please!

Dave
    Participant

Someone’s gonna shoot Cliff Richard

pfm
    Participant

Whenever I look at the Webboard I just think ‘……’

Anonymous

New website. *cough*. Oh.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Ah whatever It Is… Its Red Dwarf…and I love it!. So 4.00 tomorrow yeah? I hav to be in a photoshoot by six, so I hope It wont take long :D

Somebody
    Participant

Hope to Cloister a new forum is included. WebBoards are unusable. Hell, they were unusable at the turn of the millennium in 2001 and haven’t developed at all in the meantime as vBulletin, phpbb, etc have…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I stay away from the WebBoards because of the horrible, horrible interface. So far as I’m concerned, G&T is the official Red Dwarf Forum.

There is a possibility I’m being secretly ironic here.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

http://www.reddwarfmovie.com/

Andrew will use this site as the template.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

the clock on the countdown seems to be timed in with local time- it’s already past the time for me, and of course nothing has changed…

listerssock
    Participant

Kryten’s gonna come bursting out of a great big birthday cake. “Taddaaa!”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.