Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Last Minute – Robert Llewellyn on TWiT

Viewing 97 posts - 1 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    David Russell
    Participant

It appears that Robert Llewellyn will appear on TWiT Live at noon PST (US), which is basically right now.

http://live.twit.tv/

That’s the link if you would like to tune in. Apparently, he is not online yet, but I assume he should pop in at some point in the next few minutes. I asked about it on the chat window on the site and someone said he is there in the “cottage” which I assume is Leo’s house. (He is the host.)

John Hoare
    Participant

He’s in the studio!

Ta, David!

David Russell
    Participant

There he is! Yes!

John Hoare
    Participant

pskingle: was he Neelix????

David Russell
    Participant

Heh heh. Robert says he loves In-n-Out. Hilarious.

David Russell
    Participant

Robert on Twitter

David Russell
    Participant

Going into a live call on ooVoo. Leo’s account is ‘chieftwit’.

hummingbird
    Participant

omg yes! *is happy*

There we go…just heard him confirming that a new episode of Dwarf is being made, for broadcast and DVD release.

John Hoare
    Participant

Tamara, you’ve added nothing.

toungetied? THE toungetied???

John Hoare
    Participant

Rob’s just said the plan is the special might open the way for another series…

hummingbird
    Participant

Robert says they’re doing the special to open the door for another series,
    and that it’s not meant to be a final one.

For real???

Tonguetied
    Participant

Yep that was me haha!

Phil
    Participant

I really, really wish I could get excited, as this OBVIOUSLY deserves it. But I really hate it when I end up feeling wrong and foolish.

Still…fingers crossed…

Tonguetied
    Participant

Thanks alot to David Russell! Thank you for starting this forum and alerting us to this interview!

Phil
    Participant

Tonguetied, never go away again.

Tonguetied
    Participant

Anyone else tried to get through to the chat?

hummingbird
    Participant

David, is that you?

John Hoare
    Participant

Hello David!

Robert’s just said that Danny is a great person to spend “on the street” with. Erm, quite.

I’m trying to get through now

David Russell
    Participant

AWESOME! I was just on LIVE with Leo and Robert. I was so nervous and still shaking from it. Unbelievable. I am glad several of you were there. I heard Tongue Tied on earlier too! Very cool.

John Hoare
    Participant

Yeah, Tonguetied, whatever our differences in the past – that was a great question you asked there, which got the best thing out of Robert so far – that there’s a potential new series after the special. Fantastic.

That was me that asked about the rest of the cast.
    Made myself look like a nob there cos he kept putting me on hold so I couldn’t here what was being said, so I’d unmute the stickam thing and then I couldn’t here him when he took me off mute.

thomasaevans
    Participant

20 minutes ago…

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1615283.ece

4 Specials for digital channel ‘Dave’???

Continue this at the main post for the new episode:

http://www.ganymede.tv/forum/2008/08/new-red-dwarf-episode-annouced-august-24th-2008#comment-131279

David Russell
    Participant

Leo confirms, he did record this segment! So all will get to view!

hummingbird
    Participant

omg guys, thanks for asking such great questions

David – thanks for the heads up – so glad I caught it

Price is Right?

David Russell
    Participant

hummingbird, no problem. I’m a long time fan of this site, but it’s my first time in the forum. I just had to let everyone know, because I knew the announcement by Leo seemed so informal and was worried the word wouldn’t get out. Glad to know I could help.

kellyofsmeg
    Participant

Maybe I heard wrong, but I thought I heard Bobby say he was going BACK to Seattle? But he was already here Sunday & Monday. I got to ask him a question at Krytie Night and my dad asked him to do his Kochanski walk. So did I misunderstand him about going back to Seattle again?

hummingbird
    Participant

I just had to let everyone know, because I knew the announcement by Leo seemed so informal and was worried the word wouldn?t get out. Glad to know I could help.

Right now I want to have your babies.

Tonguetied
    Participant

This has to be one of the best posts on ganymede and titan! I never thought I’d get through, but I thought it was worth a shot.

John Hoare
    Participant

Oh, shit, does this mean I have to start working on G&T again now?

Actually, yes. Watch this space!

hummingbird
    Participant

This has to be one of the best posts on ganymede and titan! I never thought I?d get through, but I thought it was worth a shot.

I can’t believe that three of you got through!
    I would have tried myself, but I just know that nerves would’ve got the better of me, and I would have been *ahem* tonguetied.

>Oh, shit, does this mean I have to start working on G&T again now?
    >Actually, yes. Watch this space!

I wonder if you could record one of the repeats and post it on the site as an audio file download.

> I would have tried myself, but I just know that nerves would?ve got the better of me, and I would have been *ahem* tonguetied.

I shat myself.

Tonguetied
    Participant

I was shitting myself when he answered and said my name, I thought bloody hell. I thought I’d be in a queue of american fans. I kept being put on hold, so I just kept ringing, I sent a few messages saying I was a big fan of red dwarf hoping that they would pop up on the screen. Did you hear that guy who didn’t actually mean to call? He was just a friend of the previous guy.

hummingbird
    Participant

Would it be a little cheesy for me to say that right now I’m higher than a hippy on the third day of an open air festival?

Plus Quarantine is being repeated on Dave as we speak.

Life is good.

David Russell
    Participant

Right now I want to have your babies.

:) And I was just posting a link!

David Russell
    Participant

I was shitting myself when he answered and said my name, I thought bloody hell.

I had the EXACT same thought. And I’m not even British, so I don’t usually think in terms of “bloody hell.” :)

Tonguetied
    Participant

So is interview going to be on the dvd bonus features, please! :)

> I was shitting myself when he answered and said my name, I thought bloody hell.

I was thinking more like “oh fucking shity fuck..can’t remember what I want to ask”

David Russell
    Participant

That was me that asked about the rest of the cast.

Shoot. Did I ask the same question? I didn’t hear you ask that before me. I hope I didn’t ask him a question that had already been posed.

I was on after you…I think I may have been last. Did you ask that too?

Tonguetied
    Participant

Yeah I was thinking what should I ask, should I just say I was a fan of red dwarf and talk about making do,then ask about the status of the special, but then when I got through, I just leapt in with asking about whether or not it would be the finale or could it lead onto another series. I wasn’t sure if I would get a chance to speak for longer than a minute or so.

David Russell
    Participant

I just asked what his relationships with Chris, Danny and Craig were like these days. I missed your question, I think. What did you ask?

Tonguetied
    Participant

David did you ask about norman/hattie being involved too?

David Russell
    Participant

Now I remember! You asked a different question, but a great one—whether the rest of the cast had signed on for the special.

hummingbird
    Participant

IMO you guys asked what we all really wanted to know.

David Russell
    Participant

Tonguetied – No, that was Smeg4Brains, right?

> David did you ask about norman/hattie being involved too?

That was me.

hummingbird
    Participant

It sounded as if he didn’t really know who else was involved apart from the 4 main cast members.
    He did say that he had tried to contact Doug to ask him about this sort of thing, and Doug had promised to get back to him, but he hadn’t managed to speak to him in time for the show. Or something.

Tonguetied
    Participant

Ah cool, what did he actually say, my connection was cut off for a few minutes then. Robert’s response to the question of norman/hattie’s involvement I mean.

Well I asked if it was possible that Norman, Hattie or Chloe could be involved and he said he didn’t know but he thinks at least one of them, if not all of them, will be in the special.

Tonguetied
    Participant

It would be great if Norman was definitely signed on, I can’t see why he wouldn’t. Could be nice if there was a short scene where he malfunctioned or something to explain the appearance of hattie’s version.

David Russell
    Participant

According to the article tomasaevans posted, Chloe Annett has confirmed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1615283.ece

Tonguetied
    Participant

Bah I could do with Norman’s confirmation, I could give or take Chloe.

David Russell
    Participant

I emailed Leo to express our thanks for having Robert on and to encourage him to keep that connection alive for future interview opportunities.

Did anyone else see Robert’s Twitter account follower count triple from this? There is obvious interest in what is happening with Red Dwarf right now. Amazing that it is ten years down the road from Series 8, but that same excitement seems to be in the air again.

Whatever happens next, I truly loved this experience we shared today. Much, much fun. Thanks all.

Tonguetied
    Participant

Thank you David for alerting us to the interview. It was great! Red Dwarf just got a new breath of fresh air. 10 years on and still running strong.

philmyer92
    Participant

Somebody should have asked him if the funding for the episode is definite

Tonguetied
    Participant

Yeah is it just BBC World Wide funding or another potential source?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Presumably details like that are what we’re going to have to wait for an official GNP announcement for?

philmyer92
    Participant

Part of me doesn’t want them to be given a very big budget because small budgets were always a big part of red dwarf. But it would be cool to see what they can do with a big one like doctor who size.

Tonguetied
    Participant

Am I right in thinking that the interview was recorded? If so, would be cool to download and listen to it fully, I missed some of the Q and A.

ChrisM
    Participant

Thanks for that KIMOTA (I missed the live one.)

Very promising.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Having lain in stasis for 10 years, Red Dwarf fandom answers the call. The internet is MAzing.

David Russell
    Participant

KIMOTA That would be so RAD! It is most excellent that you snagged that. I wish I had thought about my screen capture software. Totally slipped my mind, so I am glad someone was on their toes about this. Good looking out!

pfm
    Participant

Fucking hell, I think I would have wet myself just before and during asking that question if it had been me. Well done!

ChrisM
    Participant

>Having lain in stasis for 10 years, Red Dwarf fandom answers the call. The internet is MAzing.

I read that as ‘having Iain (Ian) in stasis’ to start with before twigging the ‘I’ was an ‘l’. I was like “Eh, what?”

It’s late. That’s my excuse.

But yes, you’re right.

ChrisM
    Participant

And it still makes the two letters look the same after submission. (Sigh)

red-dwarf-movie-rip
    Participant

I’m not sure if that Sun article is about new Dwarf or just a Hit piece on Danny John-Jules.

hummingbird
    Participant

If nobody objects, I?ll encode the show as an AVI file and post RapidShare links on here for anyone who wants it.

Please please please.
    I would love to listen again. Last night I was too busy flailing!

listerssock
    Participant

I’ve just shat myself…again reading this over :D

Rob?s just said the plan is the special might open the way for another series?

Robert says they?re doing the special to open the door for another series,
    and that it?s not meant to be a final one.

Well, I came. Again.

Twice in less than a week–I’m liable to exhaust myself at this rate.

Tyrell Corporation
    Participant

Ffs…

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Are you Welsh?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

See you in ten minutes?

James
    Participant

Ching Ching, has your chip come loose Tanya?

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

> Ching Ching, has your chip come loose Tanya?

Hahaha….I often go “ching ching ching” and hit my head when I can’t get my words out.

pfm
    Participant

What’s an iguana?

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Ching Ching, has your chip come loose Tanya?

Ha! Thank fuck for the delete button…

Tyrell Corporation
    Participant

All of this reminds me of Springfield residents in The Simpsons trying to figure out who or what Gabbo is.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I presume it’s some guy’s name. Some guy named Gabbo.

Tyrell Corporation
    Participant

I do hope the Red Dwarf one hour special is a rancid clip show, just to smite ye fevered fans.

And me, naturally.

Dave
    Participant

>Having lain in stasis for 10 years, Red Dwarf fandom answers the call. The internet is MAzing.

http://www.ganymede.tv/forum/2008/03/iain-lee-is-a-fucking-cunt

Dave
    Participant

David Russell you’ve made a lot of people very happy

David Russell
    Participant

KIMOTA – Thank you so much! Downloading now.

Dave – Glad I could help! I’m really pleased to know that so many other people still love Red Dwarf as much as I do.

David Russell
    Participant

Hey all – I posted the video to my site in streaming Flash format. That should make it a little more viewable for everyone. Feel free to pass the link around as well. Enjoy.

http://davidrussell.org/media/video/interview-with-robert-llewellyn

And thanks again KIMOTA for capturing and publishing the video for us!

Rad
    Participant

Wow, what a great interview. Especially considering the presenter hasn’t seen Red Dwarf.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

He did seem genuinely enthralled with the idea of the show. Quite relaxed.

Al
    Participant

This is excellent news, Ive been reading the posts for the past few days with steady excitement….

Very good questions too, although how come noone asked whether the special would feature Chloe Annetts foaming twat?

> how come noone asked whether the special would feature Chloe Annetts foaming twat?

I have to admit i was tempted to ask if rob had seen it.

Ridley
    Participant

“It’s so hideously dull I can’t describe it”

hummingbird
    Participant

Apparently Bobby was talking about RD at DragonCon – although the source I have is kind of vague about exactly what was said.
    Anybody know more?

Anonymous
    Inactive

deleted

Anonymous
    Inactive

deleted

Anonymous
    Inactive

deleted

Viewing 97 posts - 1 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.