Lost Dwarf

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Lost Dwarf

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Veni

I remember reading awhile back that for The Beginning, an alternate take was done in-studio but not released that featured a different exchange to the one in the final. In the final, when Lister jokes about Rimmer’s last words being “mummy”, Rimmer simply says he did not say that. In this apparent take, Rimmer corrects him and says his last words were “gazpacho soup” and he should know that, to which Lister jokes something along the lines of, “On the brink of death and he’s ordering starters.” (In retrospect this would’ve contradicted Lister promising not to make fun of Rimmer for the last words as promised at the end of Me2)

So I’m wondering, has anybody seen a scene filmed live that, be it an alternate take or smeg up or whatever, that didn’t end up on home release in any way (so not counting deleted scenes)?

International Debris

In retrospect this would’ve contradicted Lister promising not to make fun of Rimmer for the last words as promised at the end of Me2

Souper.

Veni

Souper.

Yeah, I thought of addressing that, but I thought him not brining it up since in the following 67 episodes might’ve been satisfactory.

Ridley

That’s not the end of The Beginning. The end of The Beginning goes like this:

#Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan, Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan It’s cold outside…

And I’m credit on a starscape scrolling top from bottom.

Veni

To think in the time it took you to write whatever that was you could’ve instead used it on updating your damn Red Dwarf Letterboxd list you lazy cunt

Katydid

“We’re fucked.”

curtis

There was a getaway scene in Twentica, shot like a black and white 1940s noir, complete with wobbly backdrop and shaky steering wheel acting. I loved it at the recording and asked Doug about it once. He said it was taken out because it was too ‘pony.’

curtis

Also, the ‘giraffe called Gerald’ scene was shot during the recording of Cured, so presumably there is an alternate version of that scene somewhere with the Cat wearing a different costume.

Veni

I’m not entirely familiar with how it was with the fanbase and the deleted scenes on the DVDs, but was it that those who regularly viewed Red Dwarf in the 90s were unable to view them until their home media releases in the 2000s?

Maybe they might be released on a big conclusive Red Dwarf I-[Insert Roman numeral here] collection somewhere at the end of the 2020s.

Taiwan Tony

The state of youth today…

Dax101

>He said it was taken out because it was too ‘pony.’

Looking at Modern Dwarf. if Doug judged something as being ‘Pony’, i dread to know what that would look like.

Veni

I assume it like a black and white 1940s noir, complete with wobbly backdrop and shaky steering wheel acting.

Veni

Excuse me, I’m having a stroke.

Katydid

That sounds like a great visual gag, but at the same time it’s way too cartoony for Red Dwarf. Like one of the sillier VIII moments if it were actually funny.

Pete Part Three

Yeah. No, yeah. Pony.

Ben Saunders

It does sound daft, but also incredibly stupid and out of place.

Katydid

I’d kill to see it.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.