Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum No Kochanski

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    JamesTC
    Participant

Rob does it again, news, news, twitter news.
    I posed the question “Can you confirm if Kochanski is in it or is that not allowed to be said under the NDA.”
    and here is his reply –
    http://twitter.com/bobbyllew/status/1139831069

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Is anyone else a little sad?

I mean sure the fab four line-up was the basis of the best episodes, but the more I think about I’m a little sad about losing another face and increasingly wary about how this is all going to fit together.

JamesTC
    Participant

I am a little sad, she was funny *ducks as shoe is thrown*. Well atleast Robert thinks the scripts are great. If it is set on Star Bug I will be happy, can’t get enough of it, who ever desiged it is a genius.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>increasingly wary about how this is all going to fit together.

Don’t get me started.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

Relieved at that news.

To have included Chloe and not Norman would have been madness and as she was only hired to try to get funding for the movie it makes sense to jettison her now.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Kochanski as written got on my nerves, so I’m pretty okay with that.

p2p_productions
    Participant

I’d love to see a new Series VI Starbug-set story, but those eps all featured ‘other’ characters (or alternate personalities). Out of the 52 episodes, I don’t think more than 10/12 at the most featured just the four of them with no other guest stars…

hummingbird
    Participant

I thought that Chloe was great (despite the writing for KK in VIII being terrible), but I’m not that concerned about losing her for the specials.

If we’re ever going to see more RD after the specials – and I’m sure that at least some of us would like to see that happen (assuming that the shows are any good) – then they need to prove that they can still make it work, the four of them.

They only got the gig on the strength of 11 year old material and DVD sales, so they’ve got to show that there’s still life in the old Dwarf before anybody’s going to put up any more ?????.

Phil
    Participant

>Chloe was great

This.

>(despite the writing for KK in VIII being terrible)

This (and VII).

>I?m not that concerned about losing her for the specials.

And this.

locusceruleus
    Participant

It’s a shame, for sure. Sure, she wasn’t the best character, but I’d say that was more due to her being so poorly written than any fault on Chloe’s part. I thought she brought a lot of warmth and charisma to the part.

I wonder how/if they’ll explain her absence.

ChrisM
    Participant

I wonder if she was written out-

-for budget reasons (like Norm).

– because Chloe Annette didn’t want to return and they didn’t want to recast the character. (I don’t know that Chloe didn’t want to return, mind, but it would be understandable after all this time.)

-because they never intended to include her in this particular story.

I liked the character, and it’s somewhat of a shame, but since the show has always been carried by the other guys (credit where it’s due, Krissie had a decent role in series 7*) I doubt it would make much of a difference. I hope her absence is addressed though, if this follows on from series 8, obviously.

*It strikes me as weird when Lister says “Come on, rumpy pumpy Krissie” in Duct soup due to a phonetic coincidence.

TheLeen
    Participant

I would have wanted as many of the old cast members and characters as possible in the specials… this includes any version of Holly, any version of Kochanski, and everyone else. I find it a little sad. For the “special specials” it doesn’t matter so much, but a new episode? Hmmm.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

After thinking about this a bit more, I think I’m in agreement with the majority opinion.

Chloe is great, the writing for Kochanski mostly isn’t and whilst it’s a shame to lose her from the specials it’s also a sensible choice. Hopefully should Dwarf return her character could return and be properly developed.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Well, there’s no way this is following directly on from VIII now, surely?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Presumably not. Possibly some alternate reality stuff?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

KOCHANSKI DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HER HOME PLANET

locusceruleus
    Participant

>I would have wanted as many of the old cast members and characters as possible in the specials? this includes any version of Holly, any version of Kochanski, and everyone else. I find it a little sad. For the ?special specials? it doesn?t matter so much, but a new episode? Hmmm.

To be honest I’m glad it’s been stripped back. I thought having a larger cast in Series 8 really weakened the chemistry between the core group. Still, it’s a shame that there’s no Hattie or Chloe there (as for Norm, he feels sorry enough for himself).

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

not to botherd really about kochanski not being there..she was mainly put in as a substitute for rimmer and a means to get a move of the ground .. seing as its just 2 episode specials.. its not the end of the world

Steve Harris
    Participant

I’m a tad disappointed..

Maybe Doug is getting back to basics which in many ways is good.

I cant quite believe the absence is entirely down to budget as any script would have to have accounted for characters. I’m left wondering what period this will be set in and cant wait to hear further details.

As this ‘could’ be the last of Dwarf, I would like to have seen a return of as many cast members as possible, purely for nostalgia.
    Having met a lot of the cast over the years (as many of us have done), it would have definately added a certain something.

Robert seems very excited by it all and despite my disappointments, I cant wait to see the end result and read about the build up…

pfm
    Participant

If this were a full blown BBC series I might be a little concerned at the lack of Kochanski and (presumably) Holly, but seeing as these are just specials it hardly matters. Though I hope they ARE set post-VIII and there is an actual story to them and it’s not just trying to please fans by trying to go back to an era that they supposedly loved (OK there’s no ‘supposedly’ about it). I want to see the characters older. I want them to have progressed in some way in terms of situation and plot.

hummingbird
    Participant

what monkey said (mostly)

I’m not bothered about them carrying on from VIII, either. A stand-alone story would be fine by me.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> she was mainly put in as a substitute for rimmer

No she wasn’t. She was put in for the reasons Doug very clearly lays out in the Series 8 script book.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

KOCHANSKI DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO HER HOME PLANET

I have some grave news. Kochanski’s plane was shot down less than 20 minutes ago over enemy lines. It spun in. There were no survivors…

Ben Paddon
    Participant
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.