Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Not Going Out is funny

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pfm
    Participant

I’m currently watching Not Going Out on BBC2 and laughing. Therefore it IS funny. It’s because it’s not on BBC1. I’ve been brainwashed into not laughing at BBC1 sitcoms. And fuck me, do I fancy Sally Bretton (not that I’m allowed to say that…fuck, I just did.). End of line.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

She’s the redeeming feature of this show for me. The dialogue is way too gaggy (not surprising since it’s from Tim Vine and Lee Mack) and unrealistic, that I find there’s a lot to bitch about. I find it watchable and sporadically amusing.

pfm
    Participant

> The dialogue is way too gaggy

True, but plenty of the gags were making me laugh, which is more than most BBC sitcoms get out of me. It does help that Tim Vine and Lee Mack ARE funny. I hate it when the BBC cast people in sitcoms who you just want to slap.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

> She?s the redeeming feature of this show for me.

I would completely disagree as I think she is the worst thing in it but there we are.

The show itself is patchy but the last couple of episodes have been very good and when it focuses on Lee and Tim it is at its best. They have an obvious chemistry together and good comedy timing as you would expect (even if their acting ability is otherwise limited in the extreme).

I hope that the ratings pick up a bit and the show continues because it is one of the best comedies around right now imo.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

By redeeming feature I mean : “I want to have sex with her”. I do not mean “I think she’s a good comic actress”. So there we are.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Yep I agree. What’s refreshing is that it’s a comedy about laughter. Not wit, not cleverness or awkwardness. It’s simply goes after belly laughs and several times an episode achieves it’s goal. I preferred it before the reject from Hyderdrive became a regular and before they changed Lee Mack’s housemate, but it’s still a nice show to have around and managed to make me like Lee Mack which ten years ago I’d have said was impossible.

si
    Participant

I like NGO because although it can be REALLY cheesy, it’s funny stuff that you can just laugh at without having to think too much.

Also, I have the phone number of one of the cast members on my mobile.

Jo
    Participant

‘You’re not getting *my* phone tonight!’

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.