Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Opening music for new Dwarf specials

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Is there any clue as to which one they’re using, or even coming up with a new one???

I personally thought the one from the first series was the best rather than the trashy American-friendly later music.

Andrew
    Participant

> trashy American-friendly

Thewhatnow?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I think he means the guitar version.

Andrew
    Participant

> I think he means the guitar version.

I know. But…’trashy American-friendly’?!

performingmonkey
    Participant

Tbh I can’t see the opening and closing credits music being re-recorded. The time they perhaps should have been was for VII, but in the end I’m glad it didn’t happen. Using the same tracks 10 years on isn’t lazy or anything, they are simply part of Dwarf and IMO there’s a certain timeless quality to the recordings anyway. Maybe if there were some rights issues they would HAVE to be re-recorded, but that seems doubtful.

Howard Goodall’s involvement would be GREAT. However, like with anyone else involved with past Dwarf that could be asked back, you can’t simply expect him to be available to do it (or want to do it, for that matter). I’m sure the budget will also dictate the recording of any new music. This isn’t Doctor Who with Murray Gold armed with the orchestra.

Phil
    Participant

>Howard Goodall?s involvement would be GREAT.

It certainly would be. I’m going to add it to Wikipedia so that it’ll come true.

performingmonkey
    Participant

> It certainly would be. I?m going to add it to Wikipedia so that it?ll come true

So it’s YOU that does that!! You rotten little shit, I’m calling the Internet police!!!

hummingbird
    Participant

> I?m going to add it to Wikipedia so that it?ll come true.

Ah, so that’s how it works.

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

It would be nice if they used the remastered opening theme, so we get a few cues from the series 1-2 opening and then full force in to series 3+ theme. that is one of the good things to come from Remastered project.

Dave
    Participant

I predict that the 1812 overture will not be used

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> It would be nice if they used the remastered opening theme, so we get a few cues from the series 1-2 opening and then full force in to series 3+ theme. that is one of the good things to come from Remastered project.

I believe Lex Luthor from off of Superman Returns might have a single word he wishes to shout in your face about now.

Paul Muller
    Participant

LOLZ

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.