Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum people who “react” to RD on Youtube

Viewing 24 posts - 101 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Thanks. Beginning to get me down, to be honest.

Likewise. Thanks, Capps. Thapps.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Cappsy put a cap in his ass?

Dave
    Participant

Thank god for that.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

Enjoy the peace.

*breathes sigh of relief*
    Thank you!

clem
    Participant

Aww, no. That’s too bad. I really liked him too!

Good fucking riddance. Thank you.

Ridley
    Participant

Auf wiedersehen, pet.

Deepfreeze
    Participant

It’s been a week. Time for this numpty to fuck off?

Yeah, can’t be fucked anymore. Enjoy the peace.

HALL OF FAME, am I right guys?

evilmorwen
    Participant

Oh, someone punch him out.

Deepfreeze
    Participant

Oh, someone punch him out.

That’s from RED DWARF!!!

Deepfreeze
    Participant

Thanks. Beginning to get me down, to be honest.

Likewise. Thanks, Capps. Thapps.

And that’s from LOOK AROUND YOU!!!!

Deepfreeze
    Participant

Cappsy put a cap in his ass?

And that’s from FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!!!

Deepfreeze
    Participant

Auf wiedersehen, pet.

And that’s from… um… BOYS FROM THE BLACKSTUFF…?

Deepfreeze
    Participant

I don’t belieeeeeeeeeve itttttt!!!

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

We’ve been guilty of letting disruptive accounts linger on for too long in the past, partly because we’re quite lazy, but mostly because we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt that they’re not being a dick on purpose, and may eventually find their feet and start to fit in.

There seems to be a co-ordinated effort from a number of TURD Forum users (possibly even all five of them) to be dickheads on here all of a sudden. They have a serious problem with us for reasons I’ve never been clear on, given that I hadn’t been on the old webboard for about ten years prior to it shutting down, and haven’t looked at the new one since the last time they started bombarding us, which if you recall was a few weeks after Seb died, when we were trying to take a complete break while we began to grieve.

No doubt the members-only sections of their forum, which is most of their forum, are currently abuzz with laughter at how they tricked us into initially being nice to someone who appeared to be a genuine user struggling with the language. They manipulated us into being patient and understanding, even into sending a helpful, welcoming email when they first signed up. Boy, they’ve really shown us up this time!

Anyway, new rule – everyone who’s signed up in the last two weeks has one more chance to prove they’re not a dickhead. First time you annoy any of us, you’re banned. You just stick to bitching about us behind our backs, so that I can go back to completely forgetting that you exist until the next time you decide to pester me.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Oh look, while I was typing that, my point was proven. Bye.

Dave
    Participant

I’m just thankful that the more established members don’t also have to prove they’re not dickheads. I was beginning to worry.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You’re *our* dickheads.

Question is, will those posts now be added to the hall of fame? I know how much you guys are sticklers for accuracy ’round these parts.

si
    Participant

You’re *our* dickheads.

Hall of Fame.

Pembers
    Participant

Hello all, member of the aforementioned forum here, though member here for a long time too (don’t post much I admit)

I have to say the Goldfish Toes guy was nothing to do with us, we were spammed about a phantom screen recording too. I think there is an intermediary trying to Stoke the flames somewhere, posted an terrible lie about content on TURD relying to Seb (we’ve only ever expressed sympathy and linked to his GFM)

The Deepfreeze guy I admit I dunno

Cloud Strife
    Participant

The only active thread we have on our forum at the minute is Harry broke into our chatroom while no one was there to leave us valentines poems.

Like you say there is like 5 of us. if someone was goldfish i am sure they would have said something. THe only time i last remember here being mentioned was when someone lied and said we bashed Seb like Pembers said, which annoyed us because apart from a few mentions about how sad it all was he was never really brought up much because we all wern’t that close with him.

We are busy over on TURD, we have videos about people reviewing pizza to watch and demanding returns, we dont have the time I am afraid

Jenuall
    Participant

I still don’t really get reaction videos, just seems like a bizarre form of content to me. But I guess enough people must be into it as lots of “content creators” seem to be making a good deal out of putting them up.

I quite like them, as there’s a sense of living vicariously through them or rediscovering enjoyment from things.
    There’s a girl on YouTube who’s been watching old Doctor Who, and who avoided any information about the tenth anniversary story before watching (to the point of covering her eyes when the opening titles came up) and it really made me feel warm when she burst into tears of joy upon seeing Patrick Troughton turn up – having no idea he was coming back.

Yeah I guess I do get what you mean about getting something out of watching others experience something for the first time, I’m probably just naturally resistant to “reaction” videos as it’s a new thing and therefore must be wrong!

That Doctor Who story is nice and a great positive example of how this stuff can work well for both the person watching and everyone else participating as well.

I still don’t really get reaction videos, just seems like a bizarre form of content to me. But I guess enough people must be into it as lots of “content creators” seem to be making a good deal out of putting them up.

Philosophically, I agree. In practice, I have just watched watchmojo’s list of top ten Red Dwarf episodes (Krytie TV and Legion are both honourable mentions, Jesus Christ). I think both reaction videos and watchmojo lists prey on the same impulse to hear other people talk about something I love. It’s the same impulse that led me to Ganymede and Titan, probably, although reading an article on G&T is obviously the best choice of something to do at any given time, if we’re not counting the all time number one.
    TL;DR?
    watchmojo < reaction videos < G&T

I’m not aware of watchmojo but I am a sucker for a list so I’ll have to check that out. If nothing else it will be fresh material to disagree with! :D

Spaceworm Jim
    Participant

I recommend watching Georg Rockall-Schmidt’s video called “Top 10 Bullshit Watchmojo Lists.” Maybe after you’ve got a feel for what their lists and narration are like, but I don’t think it’s really necessary. It’s a thoughtfully funny analysis of the watchmojo pheomina pheonimal phenomenon.

On the very strong possibility that I’ve led you to waste too much of your time, I’m so sorry.”Spaceworm Jim’s Top 10 Ingenious Ways of Wasting Time” – A worm is only as good as their pastimes.

Jenuall
    Participant

Life is just a series of ways to waste time so what’s one more thing added to the list!

Viewing 24 posts - 101 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.