Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Radio Five Live

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

The first of a couple of in-depth Red Dwarf pieces is going out on Five Live today at 2pm. I think they’ll continue on Saturday, and maybe Sunday, with interviews with Doug and the cast.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

It’s curious how the BBC is showing this much interest, given the fact that they’re not broadcasting the shows. Not complaining, mind, but…

Andrew
    Participant

Thing is ‘The BBC’ doesn’t think a single way about anything. Clearly there are fans of the show in some departments who are able to bring enthusiasm to their pitches; and that coverage doesn’t conflict with anything, since the ‘not making Dwarf’ thing comes from a higher-up level specific to commissioning.

The Five Live guys really, really knew their stuff, just loved the show and had all the details. It’s not hard to imagine how that turned into full-on coverage – there’s no internal BBC memo that every mid-level manager has which says ‘Never mentioned Red Dwarf in on-air content’.

hummingbird
    Participant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_radio_five_live/

Bobby, Danny, Chris on after the news

Ilinga
    Participant

I love the internet. Here I am in Australia, yet I’m listening to this live. :-D

Andrew
    Participant

Ah, this is Colin Murray’s interview. There’s some other Five Live stuff. Not sure when that’s going out, then – maybe they’ll say at the end…

Rad
    Participant

Great interview. Will probably be the Daily Mayo podcast, I don’t think there was anything else.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.