Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf got us together!

Viewing 100 posts - 1 through 100 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    redhead85
    Participant

Hi all. It’s our first wedding anniversary today and I was on here remembering how it’s all down to Red Dwarf that my husband and I met in the first place almost 8 years ago.

I’d started my first day at college and knew nobody. I was walking through the quad and saw a guy wearing a Red Dwarf t-shirt, sitting on a bench with a couple of his mates. Leaping on the opportunity I walked over.

“Hey, I’m Carrie. Cool t-shirt. What do you think about the fact they’re making a movie?”

(Yeah, yeah, forgive the naivity- this was 2001 after all.)

The guy blinked. “There’s gonna be a movie?”

I sat down and we started talking about Red Dwarf and we became friends. Then got together. Then finally last year married.

Nice one Red Dwarf – thanks!

Prue
    Participant

Congratulations!!! My husband introduced me to Red Dwarf – and now I am much more obsessed than he is!

si
    Participant

I met lots of fellow Red Dwarf fans, male and female, online.

Now everyone in the real world ignores me.

redhead85
    Participant

> I met lots of fellow Red Dwarf fans, male and female, online.

Yeah got to admit that the majority of fans I know are through t’internet. Luckily I’m friends with some real-life people who are just as obsessed as I am.

> Now everyone in the real world ignores me.

My dear, that’s because we’re freaky geeks, dontcha know? ;-)

Go to Dimension Jump. There will ALWAYS be someone there geekier than you. :-) Good times.

pfm
    Participant

Happy anniversary! It’s always great to see Dwarf, or anything remotely geeky for that matter, bringing people together.

The first conversation I ever had with my girlfriend was about Lost, me being a right smug fucker because I had seen the first 6 episodes of season 3 and she hadn’t (because it had left Ch4 by then). I offered to do her two DVDs of the episodes but she declined, probably because I was being so smug and annoying (did I start telling her about the difference between PAL and NTSC? you bet your blummin’ life I did…), HOWEVER I did them anyway and gave them her the next day. Result! Er, about 6 months later…because I’m so crap.

redhead85
    Participant

> did I start telling her about the difference between PAL and NTSC? you bet your blummin? life I did?

*facepalm* You certainly know how to make a girl feel special, don’t you :-) Glad it’s working out now though!

TheLeen
    Participant

I met Vincent on the street in front of my office building. There was no geekery involved whatsoever :(

redhead85
    Participant

> I met Vincent on the street in front of my office building. There was no geekery involved whatsoever :(

But do you now share your passionate geekery with one another? :-)

pfm
    Participant

> Glad it?s working out now though!

Well it’s not really. She still knows fuck all about framerates.

redhead85
    Participant

> Well it?s not really. She still knows fuck all about framerates.

I just had to have that explained to me by my husband. I think I lost some braincells in the process.

hummingbird
    Participant

> it?s all down to Red Dwarf that my husband and I met in the first place almost 8 years ago

Did you really? What a lovely story!

Congrats, hun!
    I’m single right now, but I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone through geekery.
    Not that I haven’t tried, but it’s damned hard to meet eligible geeky men.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Almost every girl I’ve dated has never really watched Red Dwarf. The girl I’m seeing at the moment has seen it, but only the first two series – she didn’t know there was more than twelve episodes, so I get to show her the rest of the show.

pfm
    Participant

My gelf isn’t into Dwarf half as much as I am. It’s interesting that it’s one of the only shows that we don’t both love (bar stuff like Gok’s Fashion Fix which she can just fucking keep! and I’m obsessed with 24 but she’s never sat through an episode, bint). It pisses her off when I watch Dwarf with the cast commentaries, which is what I usually do now whenever I put it on. She also makes one of a variety of ‘pfff’ sounds whenever she sees I’ve got a G&T window up! I’ve had to stop her posting bollocks on here a few times.

redhead85
    Participant

> Did you really? What a lovely story! Congrats, hun! I?m single right now, but I don?t think I?ve ever met anyone through geekery. Not that I haven?t tried, but it?s damned hard to meet eligible geeky men.

Darn it for the lack of eligible geeky men. Get yourself down to a convention pronto! ;-)

Oh and thanks for the review, m’dear. Much appreciated. :-)

hummingbird
    Participant

You’re welcome – I was thrilled to see you’d posted again.

Now get back to that keyboard and write some more. Pronto!

redhead85
    Participant

> You?re welcome – I was thrilled to see you?d posted again.

*bows* too kind :-)

> Now get back to that keyboard and write some more. Pronto!

Oh but I was having dinner and… *hangs head* ok… *trundles back to laptop*

Jo
    Participant

>Go to Dimension Jump.

>Get yourself down to a convention pronto!

Your cheque is in the post ;o)

redhead85
    Participant

> Your cheque is in the post ;o)

Is it not obvious I work in advertising? ;-)

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Red Dwarf used be something that me and Mrs Studfarm would curl up together on the settee and watch religously on the box when we were in our teens……about the broadcast of series V.

Now she hates it with a vengeance. Apparently it’s taken over my life. She says it’s JUST a TV show…..HAH!! ***rolls eyes***

lego7770
    Participant

Some of the first words that I spoke to my girlfriend ,while at work, in 1988 was, I?m going to set off now Red Dwarf is on at 9 o?clock.

she is no longer my girlfriend. we married in 2000

We have been together ever since. 21 years ?

we have 2 fantastic kids.both are in to Red Dwarf too :)

P

Carlito
    Participant

I think the first gift I ever gave my gf was Red Dwarf series III on VHS… yes, count ’em, that was TWO videos in those days of yore.

That was the better part of a decade ago. I blame Red Dwarf.

redhead85
    Participant

Yay Pete! RD brings more people together :-)

And Carl, byte one AND byte two? Wowza, she must have loved you for that. I remember the frustrations of getting to Woolworths and only ONE half of the series was in stock, gosh darn it.

si
    Participant

>Go to Dimension Jump. There will ALWAYS be someone there geekier than you. :-) Good times.

I love Dimension Jump, and was SO looking forward to this year’s adventure. I booked my ticket the day they were made available. Sadly, ill health has led to me having to cancel, and claim my ?20 (50%) back from TORDFC.

So thank you very much for reminding me what I’m going to be missing out on, and making me even more depressed.

*goes off to slit wrists*

JamesTC
    Participant

Use the money to buy Dalek War Box-set instead! 12 Pertwee episodes including one which is newly colourised using a revolutionary chroma dot restoration process.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>So thank you very much for reminding me what I?m going to be missing out on, and making me even more depressed.

Oh, Si. This is a Red Dwarf website. People – and people who don’t necessarily know every minute biographical detail of yours – are going to talk enthusiastically about DJ. It’s sad that you can’t go – and amazed as you may be, some of us actually would have been looking forward to seeing you – but that’s no reason to get snappy at someone who’s a relative newcomer to this site and who has been nothing but friendly and open since her arrival.

TheLeen
    Participant

> But do you now share your passionate geekery with one another? :-)

Well, yes, although I’m a lot more geeky than he is.

Truth is, I did chat him up because I thought he looked like he was into pen-and-paper RPGs and rock music.

One of the first thing I did to impress him was to send him a photo of himself photoshopped to look like yoda. It was a sloppy 5 minute job but it worked.

I only introduced him to Red Dwarf much later.

Hmm :)

si
    Participant

>that?s no reason to get snappy at someone who?s a relative newcomer to this site and who has been nothing but friendly and open since her arrival.

Oh Seb. You know me well enough, surely, to know I don’t do snappy. I do do sarcasm, however, and if anyone didn’t get that and took it the wrong way, then I’m sorry.

*sits in corner sulking, having been given a speaking to from a staff member*

David M
    Participant

Congrats on the first wedding anniversary :)

Sadly my girlfriend doesn’t like Red Dwarf.

pfm
    Participant

> It was a sloppy 5 minute job but it worked.

This will be on my gravestone. Apart from the ‘worked’ bit.

si
    Participant

I’ll be lucky to get “It was sloppy”.

Iain Lee
    Participant

My friend Ronald hates Red Dwarf. Fortunately I hate Red Dwarf too. So we’re all set. BYE.

Jo
    Participant

HA! This is not the real Iain Lee. Iain Lee has no friends!

redhead85
    Participant

> One of the first thing I did to impress him was to send him a photo of himself photoshopped to look like yoda. It was a sloppy 5 minute job but it worked.

Now THAT is the geeky equivalent of roses and chocolates. Fantastic.

> Oh Seb. You know me well enough, surely, to know I don?t do snappy. I do do sarcasm, however, and if anyone didn?t get that and took it the wrong way, then I?m sorry.

Sorry, just got on here after a looooooooooong day in the office. Is that bad that I took that original comment as sarky rather snappy? :-S Sorry to hear you can’t go, mate. I can’t justify the cost of going this year methinks as I have to support both me and my husband (girl power ‘n all that) so we are left with nothing but our Red Dwarf DVDs and past memories… :-(

Jo
    Participant

>I can?t justify the cost of going this year methinks…

*takes cheque back*

ChrisM
    Participant

My imaginary girlfriend isn’t keen on Red Dwarf. She doesn’t mind it she’s just not into telly as a whole. She’d rather go out running and she keeps trying to get me off my backside to join her. Truth is she’s not much to look at either. Not ugly mind, just the one wart.

redhead85
    Participant

> *takes cheque back*

Noooooooooo my feeeeeeeee! :-)

hummingbird
    Participant

> I can?t justify the cost of going this year methinks

To tell the truth, that’s why I may only be going for the day. There’s been a big change in finances since I originally booked and right now I just can’t justify spending ?160 or so on two nights accomodation.

I’m hoping that things may change over the next few weeks, but I’ll just have to wait and see.

Steve Harris
    Participant

Surprisingly there are a number of Dwarf related relationships, weddings and children largely spawned from reddwarf.co.uk webboard activity Oooh err..

However, there are no kmown statistics available for relationship breakdowns caused by the same activities.

Dimension Jump (or ‘geekfest’ as some wives/husbands/partners etc know it as) has led to major questioning and finger pointing however innocent it is in reality.

Note: the term ‘geekfest’ also applies to memorabilia, Dr Who exhabitions and any event that involves two or more people expressing an interest in Sci-Fi related content (yes, it could be a slip of the tongue over a pint down the local)..

On the bright side< sporting fans tend to fair even worse.
    Sad ‘twats’ appears to be the latest lable…

*that’s the last time I have an extra pint to celebrate a cricket win*

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Remember that other post you made about waking up one day to discover you’re a grumpy old git? Well I think I’ve already made that discovery. What a terribly bleak and depressing post you’ve made, Steve.

Or should I say… Shane!

…No, it’s Steve. Clearly says that. My mistake.

Jo
    Participant

Ben, I know Steve. He’s a regular attendee of Dimension Jump (hopefully this year too?) and an all round nice fella. He just seems to be having a bit of a crisis of faith!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I was being ironic.

Jo
    Participant

Oh really? I can’t believe I missed it.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I just think it’s funny, right, to accuse every new member who visits the site of actually being Shane G. Yeah?

And now I’ve explained the joke so I can’t do it anymore. Philistines.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Dwarf’s just one of the many things that brought me and John together. We’ve been together for over 7 years now. Neither of us really understand relationships where one person has a major interest that the other doesn’t ‘get’…

hummingbird
    Participant

> I just think it?s funny, right, to accuse every new member who visits the site of actually being Shane G.

Or just eager to divert attention from the fact that YOU are Shane G?!! ;-)

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>I just think it?s funny, right, to accuse every new member who visits the site of actually being Shane G.

“New”? Steve’s been visiting G&T since Ian was about twelve ;-)

Jo
    Participant

Maybe he’s playing the long game ;o)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Or just eager to divert attention from the fact that YOU are Shane G?!! ;-)

We are talking jape of the decade? We are talking April, May, June, July and August fool? Yes, that’s right. I am Shane G.

Dwarf?s just one of the many things that brought me and John together. We?ve been together for over 7 years now. Neither of us really understand relationships where one person has a major interest that the other doesn?t ?get??

That’s weird because the only thing Michelle and I have ever had in common is that we are both tremendous geeks. I’ve introduced her to Doctor Who and Red Dwarf, and she liked the former and vehemently disliked the latter. To be fair she only watched “The End” which is hardly the strongest episode, but she’a also got a thing against Studio Audience sitcom. That’s probably because she grew up in America, where if a studio audience laughs it’s usually added in afterwards.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> where if a studio audience laughs it?s usually added in afterwards.

Surely that’s complete nonsense?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I agree, but that’s how it’s done most of the time. It’s cheaper, for one. I’ve had friends work as extras on How I Met Your Mother and there is no studio audience at all. None.

ChrisM
    Participant

>To be fair she only watched ?The End?

Yeah, it’s a shame when people judge a show by just the first episode.

I’m guilty of that too. (And yes, with The End, when it first appeared. Just hints how old I am. ) When I eventually watched another episode (Marooned) I quickly changed my mind. (I didn’t watch it regularly until a while later but that was mainly me forgetting it was on. Heh.)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’ve watched a few episodes of Chuck, and so far I can’t get into it. I gave it a chance, though. That’s got to count for something. Right?

ChrisM
    Participant

Definitely. I was just referring to those who dismiss a programme on the first episode. Something I’ve done myself if I’m honest.

Steve Harris
    Participant

It’s true, I’ve been in a dark place of late, but that’s enough about Ross-on-Wye.

My post was a tad tongue-in-cheek but perhaps reflects many of my age group.

Whilst I still enjoy and partake in many activities, most of my age group friends see and discuss these activities as something they did 20-30 years ago.
    These days a lot of my friends are too busy to actually get out and do something because they may miss an episode of Eastenders or the comfort of their armchairs.

I’m packing my tent and heading off for an all night party tonight (live bands, DJ’s etc), several have dropped out because the forcast is for rain tomorrow.

I dont think it’s a crisis of faith as such, more of a realisation that my age group is turning into a generation of boring old farts.

DJ for me this year is still in the balance, not because I dont want to go but we are due to go to Ireland at some stage and we cant finalise the dates due to work commitments alas.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

No one gets old, Steve. They just get complacent. Remind your friends of this.

Jo
    Participant

Back to the original topic. Ian and I met because of Red Dwarf… and my brother, Tom.

Tom started getting the DVDs as they were released after watching the VHS recordings that Mum had saved. When we got the series III DVD and watched Hattie’s DJ Diary I decided to see if the fan club were still planning Dimension Jump weekends. It turns out (obviously) they were and so I joined us up and we went to our first DJ in 2005 (DJXII).

Tom was a very shy 14 year old and we didn’t know anyone so we didn’t really mix much, though we still had a great time. It was only really when I got home and posted my photos on BTLi that I actually started to get to know the online community. By DJXIII I knew lots of people and met a lot of online friends for the first time IRL. I became close friends with Cappsy, Ian, Karl and Mick and started attending Dwarf meets and general boozy weekends (I met Seb as he flat shared with Cappsy) on one of these boozy weekends at the beginning of Jan 2007 Ian and I got together. We moved in together in August 2007 :o)

In March this year we adopted Cappsy and now we all live in a happy Red Dwarf household ;o)

redhead85
    Participant

> on one of these boozy weekends at the beginning of Jan 2007 Ian and I got together. We moved in together in August 2007 :o) In March this year we adopted Cappsy and now we all live in a happy Red Dwarf household ;o)

Yay! That’s fantastic! Happy endings all round. :-)

> Hattie?s DJ Diary

That was the first year Kiran and I went to DJ together (2003). I’d gone by myself the month we got together in 2002. Kiran got the cast to sign the t-shirt he’d been wearing when we got together and Hattie loved the story and wanted to use it in the DJ diary, but we got lost on the cutting room floor. Ah well. :-)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

In addition to this, I lost my virginity at a Red Dwarf meet. Thus I win.

Andrew
    Participant

In that instance you’re not supposed to win, you’re supposed to be aiming for a score draw.

redhead85
    Participant

> In addition to this, I lost my virginity at a Red Dwarf meet. Thus I win.

Bwahahahhahhahahahaha. Fantastic.

(Lost mine in a field when I was 17. How (un)romantic)

Jo
    Participant

>(Lost mine in a field when I was 17. How (un)romantic)

In the back of a white Ford XR2i when I was 16… classy bird me ;o)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

What was it like?

Jo
    Participant

I told you, it was white!

redhead85
    Participant

Boom boom!

pfm
    Participant

> Boom boom!

Well, that’s the general idea.

Jo
    Participant

BANG… and the virginity is GONE!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

SLAP CHOP. You’re gonna love my nuts.

pfm
    Participant

Make me come.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Hold on, can I just confirm I’ve got this straight. A guy wearing a Red Dwarf T-Shirt was approached by a woman?

redhead85
    Participant

> Hold on, can I just confirm I?ve got this straight. A guy wearing a Red Dwarf T-Shirt was approached by a woman?

Well I was only 16 at the time so I was less a woman more a girlgeek but the general principal remains the same

> Well I was only 16 at the time so I was less a woman more a girlgeek

I think ‘legal’ is the word.

hummingbird
    Participant

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjloX_EvYiI

All together now :
    Red Dwarf, Red Dwarf got us together ….

redhead85
    Participant

> I think ?legal? is the word.

That’s what he told the courts anyway…

ChrisM
    Participant

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjloX_EvYiI

Great stuff. That brings back memories of being in the school choir…. (we covered a medley of songs called ‘Record of the Year’ that being one of them. Well a verse or two. We finished on Beat it. Thinking back it’s a bit embarrassing but it was quite fun at the time.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Well, my first criteria for a man/woman love interest thing is liking of Red Dwarf. If they don’t like it, then they don’t get any. It might sound silly to others, but I’m sure you all understand ;)

Carlito
    Participant

Not really. “A liking of Red Dwarf” is a little further down MY personal prerequisite list on the potential sexual liason front, below “a vagina”, “two breasts” and “a pulse”.

Actually, could take or leave that last one.

Carlito
    Participant

Only joking. I’m not into necrophilia.

Not anymore.

Not since that court order. Somebody must have grassed me up. Darnit. I was getting away with it too until some rotten cunt split on me.

Meh. Hello, Gwynnie. That’s gotta be a Welsh name, right?

Gwynnie
    Participant

Wow. Nice first impression. Rotten cunt… yum…
    Yes, I am very much Welsh. I don’t live there now, but my parents made sure I could never escape my roots with this darned name (actually Gwyneth)!
    Well, vaginas and breasts aren’t a must in a partner for me, as long as there’s cock there instead. Or even as well. I don’t discriminate, it’s all about the person. Obviously I would wait until I had decided that the person was attractive, nice and we were getting on until I slipped “so, do you like Red Dwarf?” into the conversation, not just walk through people on the street until someone said yes!

Carlito
    Participant

Nowt wrong with being Welsh. I’m from South Wales myself. Bridgend.

Yes… THAT Bridgend.

It’s not all doom and gloom here. We’re still hanging in there. If you ever come down this way, let me know, I’ll show you the ropes.

(Actually that’s bad taste. Couple of my friends have succumbed to the media’s official ‘Suicide Town’. Still, you either gotta laugh or cry, right?)

So, what if the person was nice, attractive, had the compulsory cock/vagina/both and you were getting on brilliantly… then, one day you’re all cwtched up on the sofa watching Dave, and suddenly he/she/it bursts out with “ahhh not Red Dwarf, I hate that fucking show!”?

Joey TORDFC
    Participant

>>on one of these boozy weekends at the beginning of Jan 2007 Ian and I got together.

Chyeah! My birthday outing at the Kingston Peel, King Lizard 4eva.

si
    Participant

Because I don’t go out on a casual ‘saturday night down town’ kind of way, and it’s very unlikely I’m ever going to again in my current condition, as far as getting together with someone of the female persuasion goes, I have high hopes for the Saturday night disco at Dimension Jump 2010.

Dave
    Participant

>one day you?re all cwtched up on the sofa watching Dave

Watching me do what?

si
    Participant

>Watching me do what?

Jesus, you don’t want to know.

Gwynnie
    Participant

>>So, what if the person was nice, attractive, had the compulsory cock/vagina/both and you were getting on brilliantly? then, one day you?re all cwtched up on the sofa watching Dave, and suddenly he/she/it bursts out with ?ahhh not Red Dwarf, I hate that fucking show!??

It would never get to that stage! I would have asked the question before ever letting them into my home, or cwtching up on a sofa with them! Honestly! :)

Wales! Butetown…the Bay…Gavin & Stacey…Ianto…and all those other things (notice I didn’t mention sheep, because that would be too obvious and uncalled for).

My girlfriend doesn’t really like Dwarf but that never stopped me from wanting to…make her listen to the series 2 commentaries for the 5th time. Or, you know, kiss her and stuff. I have to put up with Gok Wan and Desperate Housewives so she has no right to complain about Dwarf and Turtles youtube clips.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Well, of course, things like tastes in TV programmes shouldn’t make a differnce if you really like the person. My boyfriend does not share my love for The Sims or The L Word or musicals… but Dwarf ranks above them all, and is almost an integral part of my identity now (is that sad?). Luckily he is a big geek Dwarf-wise (not enough of one to come to DJ though, grr) so I let him stick around! :)

Carlito
    Participant

> Wales! Butetown?the Bay?Gavin & Stacey?Ianto?and all those other things (notice I didn?t mention sheep, because that would be too obvious and uncalled for).

The first thing that comes to mind when you think of Wales is Butetown?? Why? If you were gonna give Wales an enema, you’d stick the hosepipe in Butetown. And get shot at whilst doing it.

If you watch the forthcoming series of Gavin & Stacey, you’ll probably see me doing a drunken dance with Rob Brydon (if it made the cut).

And even though Wales has this sheep-shagging reputation, I hardly ever see sheep anywhere. Quite frustrating, as you could imagine. (Not the reputation – the lack of sheep! Blue balls….)

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> I hardly ever see sheep anywhere

Well they’re probably all on witness protection programmes.

Gwynnie
    Participant

They’re all in my bedroom at the moment. Sorry, I was missing Wales.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>If you watch the forthcoming series of Gavin & Stacey, you?ll probably see me doing a drunken dance with Rob Brydon (if it made the cut).

See, I’d love to watch you on TV, Carl. But this would involve having to watch Gavin & Stacey.

Carlito
    Participant

Where’s the Gavin & Stacey hate coming from at the moment? Seems to be everywhere. Other than the crap Xmas special, and the ubiquitous Horne and Corden starring in it, it’s been a pleasant enough romcom. Not spectacularly funny, but amusing and nice enough.

And Brydon and Corden were particularly interactive and nice to the SAs on the shoot. Decent peeps.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Where?s the Gavin & Stacey hate coming from at the moment?

It’s coming from a place of hate because it’s shit.

Carlito
    Participant

I thought series one was a sweet and uplifting little show.

Series two became more of a Jones and Corden “fuck the main characters, lets spotlight ourselves” self-indulgent showcase, I suppose, though not without its own merit. The Xmas special was lame. Absolutely dire.

I’ll still defend the first series, though. Far from “shit”. Maybe not your personal cup of tea, but to call it “shit” implies that it has no artistic or creative value whatsoever on the basis of you not liking it, whereas anyone who has seen an episode should surely concur that it is not intrinsically bad television. It’s well made, the performances range from fair to fantastic (Brydon), and it has created a wave of loyal fans despite its initial hidden-away timeslot. Shows that are shit don’t garner that kind of response.

To call it “shit” implies its the kind of poorly rendered and horribly scripted show that could compete with Two Pints Of Lager or G&S’s bastard offspring, Horne And Corden. I put it to you that it isn’t.

Trena
    Participant

I love Gavin and Stacey, even the shittier episodes have enough ‘boyo’ nature to keep it brimming with quirky little lines here and there.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> It?s coming from a place of hate because it?s shit.

I love you Jonathan Capps.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

My last girlfriend was a massive Dwarf fan – it was one of the first things we talked about when we first met – but on the flipside, absolutely loathed (and indeed had a particularly annoying and condescending attitude towards) Doctor Who. Swings and roundabouts, really.

My current girlfriend isn’t really into Dwarf, but she doesn’t hate it or anything – I’m planning to try and educate her, having started with Thanks For The Memory, which she thought was quite decent. On the other hand (I got four fingers and a thumb), though, she sat through half of The Curse of Fenric and all of Blink, and thought that the former was okay, and the latter absolutely brilliant. Again: swings and roundabouts.

As long as someone didn’t outright hate RD – or at least make fun of me for being so into it, running a website and going to DJ – then I don’t think it’d bother me that much.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Oooh, Doctor Who hate isn’t acceptable either.
    My last boyfriend told me he liked Dwarf at first, but when he was getting bored of me and flirting with another girl in front of me who hated it, he said “yeah, I think it’s shit!” so that was that! Bastard.
    Guh. I told people at work about DJ today and two of them said “Craig Charles – what, that rapist?” I’m going to quit that wankfest very soon.

redhead85
    Participant

> My last boyfriend told me he liked Dwarf at first, but when he was getting bored of me and flirting with another girl in front of me who hated it, he said ?yeah, I think it?s shit!? so that was that! Bastard.

Double reason to punch the fucker out.

When I was pissed at a networking event, I was asking my rep at the Times if he liked Red Dwarf and said I would only do business with him if he did. He began throwing quotes at me so I’m pleased that he was a bona fide fan and not just after my budget

hummingbird
    Participant

> he was a bona fide fan and not just after my budget

I bet he says that to all the girls

redhead85
    Participant

Nudge nudge wink wink. Say no MORE!

Viewing 100 posts - 1 through 100 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.