Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf got us together!

Viewing 41 posts - 101 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Author

> It?s coming from a place of hate because it?s shit.

Oh, roll around in some nettles until you perish.

I will say I agree that they went overboard with Nessa and Smithy in the later episodes, maybe due to them writing it but also because they obviously thought ‘this is what people want’

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Red Dwarf maybe prising us apart! It’s something we used to watch together in our teens that I thought she genuinly liked….now she can’t stand it. And she can’t stand how ecstatic I was when I returned from DJ XV with news of the newly commisioned scripts! She thinks I didn’t miss her or our 2 girls!

I’d thought she might have warmed to it again….I mean, it’s even got a Coronation Street star in it!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> She thinks I didn?t miss her or our 2 girls!

Oh ffs. I think I actually just felt sympathy then. What a daft attitude. It’s only one bloody weekend.

hummingbird
    Participant

@Ori Maybe you should drag them all along next time? I got the impression that there was more than one family there, 3 generations in one case. They can’t all be RD obsessives; I think a lot of them just went along for the ride. Seemed to have a good time though.

Gwynnie
    Participant

I met e few people who had never watched a single episode… they had been dragged along for friends and partners’ birthdays or something. Craziness. Also missing someone after 2 days?… Maybe in the first couple of months of dating!

> It?s only one bloody weekend.

Yeah, but look what can happen in a weekend. Plenty of fun and…frolics.

hummingbird
    Participant

Frolics?! There were frolics?!??
    Why didn’t I have any frolics?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I didn’t have time for frolics as a child. I was far too busy washing my hands.

Gwynnie
    Participant

You could have had plenty of frolics miss hummingbird! Try harder next time! ;)

hummingbird
    Participant

The inclination was there …. but it’s not that straightforward when you have a child with you.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Ahhh. Well, I could make a few suggestions that probably wouldn’t be very tasteful. Bring a babysitting next time? You had a child with you? I don’t remember this…

hummingbird
    Participant

He was in bed by about 11pm. He’s old enough now to be left while I’m downstairs.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

>Also missing someone after 2 days?? Maybe in the first couple of months of dating!

Oh dear. John and I clearly spend too much time together!

Gwynnie
    Participant

Awww. Yeah, to be fair, I’m still that bad sometimes. It depends on what else you’re doing to fill the time!

I don’t get chance to miss my girlfriend. I seriously can’t remember the last time we didn’t see each other for longer than 12 hours. Not that this is a bad thing! At least we don’t work together. I know someone who works and lives with his girlfriend so they see each other pretty much 24/7. I don’t think I could handle that tbh. We’d probably end up killing each other.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I seldom see Michelle these days, which might explain why we miss each other as much as we do.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Yeah, I know a couple who’ve been together 7 years and live and work together. Madness. I live with my boyfriend now, but we often don’t see each other for 2-3 days at a time, and I’m going to Japan for a year soon so… y’know. Have to be strong :)

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Hi redhead,

RD is also responsible for my relationship, a guy came up to me in a bar one day with a cheesy line to which i replied “smooth with a capital smoooo” to which his reply was “omg you like RD?” and 2 years later we are still here!!

xxxxxxxxx

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Did he ask you for a “Worm do”?

hummingbird
    Participant

He fixed her with the mesmer stare.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I don’t like the implication that Petetranterssister has an artificial nose.

ChrisM
    Participant

I’m sure it’s tastefully done. But who nose?

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Lol my nose is firmly attached! No he didnt ask me for a worm do but if he had it would have been the only circumstances EVER where that line could have got someone actually into bed, id have been well impressed!

redhead85
    Participant

> RD is also responsible for my relationship, a guy came up to me in a bar one day with a cheesy line to which i replied ?smooth with a capital smoooo? to which his reply was ?omg you like RD?? and 2 years later we are still here!!

Now THAT’S cool ^__^ hehehe….

Petetranterssister
    Participant

:D

What WASNT cool was the first time he went to bed and halfway through paused to say “No matter how hard i twiddle i just cant seem to pick up jazz fm!” good job i love him

redhead85
    Participant

> What WASNT cool was the first time he went to bed and halfway through paused to say ?No matter how hard i twiddle i just cant seem to pick up jazz fm!? good job i love him

Did he shout’GERONIMO!’ at any stage?

Petetranterssister
    Participant

PMSL sadly yes

redhead85
    Participant

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh dear….

Please don’t say any of you guys have done the same….? ^__^

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Luckily it didnt last 12 minutes including the time it took to eat the pizza;)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Please don?t say any of you guys have done the same?.? ^__^

Only afterwards. Immediately afterwards, but still.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

[earnestly]I always find that blow up dolls don’t mind the “Geronimo” cry.[/earnestly]

redhead85
    Participant

> Only afterwards. Immediately afterwards, but still.

Yeah, the cry of ‘shit, I forgot to say it!’ kinda spoils the afterglow for me….

Petetranterssister
    Participant

lol@ian

No Dwarf stuff in bed, sadly, though my g/f likes the word ‘frak’.

Gwynnie
    Participant

I draw the line at Dwarf quotes in bed! Although I have done it while RD was on in the background – it’s very hard not to laugh…

Petetranterssister
    Participant

Your not a true fan till youve done it with the theme music blaring in the background:D

Gwynnie
    Participant

Or Tongue Tied…

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> I draw the line at Dwarf quotes in bed! Although I have done it while RD was on in the background – it?s very hard not to laugh?

I draw the line at Dwarf references.

Gwynnie
    Participant

I want to make midget jokes but it might offend someone…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

It is, I am sure, impossible to offend anyone on this website.

Alex
    Participant

Except Norman Lovett

Viewing 41 posts - 101 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.