Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Rimmer Theory

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pheonix11
    Participant

Hi, Just a quick theory from me.

Just re-watched BtE on Dave and something occurred to me: It was in the moment they all realised it was the squid causing everything…

Collective Unconscious:

What if the reason we think this is ‘our’ Rimmer is because this Rimmer is sharing the Crews’s knowledge of both Rimmer’s lives?

Yes/No/Smeg-off?

Phe

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

i think after series 8 rimmer died the crew came back from mirror universe saved red dwarf and holly loaded up a new rimmer hologram . seing as all his memories are stored they were probly automaticly installed into his memories the only thing is where did they get hard light from

Plastic Percy
    Participant

Kryten probably took the time to study Rimmer’s Hardlight Bee during his medical in ‘Rimmerworld’, indicated by him discovering the flaw in it.

Or he swiped a couple of spares before leaving Legion’s space station.

Or the salvaged some spares from the remains of Starbug.

Carlito
    Participant

Having knowledge of the despair squid does not give him a antibodial resistance to it.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

have we decided which rimmer it is yet ??

the joke he makes about bonking someone that turns out to be his half sister suggests that it may be series viii rimmer.. but then again the knowledge of the dispair squid and being hardlight suggests its old rimmer ..

Carlito
    Participant

I think it will never be answered and we’ll be left to draw our own conclusions.

For me, I’d say it’s classic Rimmer.

As far as the joke about shagging his sister, that doesn’t actually happen though does it… and even if it did, Rimmer’s theory that he “knows how you think” (ie. that would be JUST Rimmer’s luck) has the element of truth to it in that, unbeknownst to classic Rimmer, VIII Rimmer very nearly proved his point correct.

ChrisM
    Participant

Having knowledge of the despair squid does not give him a antibodial resistance to it.

No, but considering Rimmer is an electronic life-form, it makes sense that the effects of the squid’s ink must have been simulated electronically as well. Since that is essentially data it follows that merging previous Rimmer’s data with current Rimmer would have transferred those ‘e-antibodies’ too.

As far as the joke about shagging his sister, that doesn?t actually happen though does it?

No, but Lister did have a sexual relationship with the person who would turn out to be his mother. I think Rimmer might have been referring to that when he said “I know how you think.” to the Creator.

ChrisM
    Participant

And then there was that lovely incident with his uncle on the camping trip…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.