Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum [Shameless plug} First 3 Jump Leads eBooks available and on sale, Next set due before end of the month

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

The Jump Leads eBooks, previously only made available in the US thanks to my ignorance of how Wowio’s publisher admin panel works, are now available for everybody everywhere ever to buy. And, to make up for my stupidity, the books are on sale for 49 American cents each. Each eBook contains the entire issue in high-definition, with additional content including character art and early pencils/inks for some pages.

If you’ve already got the print edition of Volume 1 then you’ve already seen the content for issues #1 and #2, but I don’t think the bonus content in the issue #3 eBook has been seen before.

Issues #5 and #7 will be going up before the end of the month, along with a collection of the mini-issues once I get some rights issued sorted. I’ll probably launch those at the same sale price. I’m also considering releasing a couple of the scripts as eBooks, but that’s more of a self-indulgent thing on my part and I don’t see many people being interested in that sort of tat. Besides which, those early scripts are terrible.

I’m re-writing the first two issues now, actually. Sorting out a pitch packet, style o’ fing. I’m bloody nervous – I’ve never pitched anything before (I’ve had meetings, but it’s a very different environment), and I’m a few weeks away from standing in front of some pretty important people and trying to convince them that my product is as awesome as I believe it is.

But anyway. Buy my eBooks. It’ll help me pay rent.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I don’t need anything more than a laptop to read an ebook, do I?

Nevermind, just bought them!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Ooh, I bloody love you, I do.

Just finished the first one, and I bloody love it, I do.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I love you even more now.

JjAR and I recorded a per-page commentary for issue #1 which I’ll be making available as a Donation Bonus very, very soon.

Very, very incredibly minor spoiler here.

Reading the second now, and I just want to say: “So basically ‘Don’t shoot, we’re strangers’? Run that back through your head and tell me whether or not you think that makes sense.”

That is THE line of the century. I realise we’re pretty early in this century, but I’m pretty confident.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

And to think that line had been edited out, but JjAR drew the first few pages from an earlier, much longer version of the script.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Issues #5 and #7 are now up on the store. If you’re wondering where issues #4 and #6 are, they’ll be bundled together with issue #8 and some other bonus content for another eBook some time in the next couple of months (they’re only mini-issues running about 4-8 pages each, so we’re going to make their releases extra-special).

Ta, I shall purchase them now!

Except for some reason I can’t? :S

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Whaaaat?

Yeah, just tried again. Says can’t be delivered to my address or something. But I’m trying to download them? I’m a bit/very confused.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

How odd. I’ll get in touch with Wowio. Where in the world are you?

I live and purchase in London. *Confused face*

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Very odd. i sent my Wowio guy an email, he’s referring it to their tech team. In the meantime shoot me an email and I’ll sort you out some other way.

Dessie
    Participant

These available on iphone? I’m very technically naive at the moment.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

The PDFs will work on an iPhone via iBooks, but in all honesty it’s not really worth it with the phone’s small screen resolution – you wouldn’t notice the quality increase. I’d recommend just visiting the Jump Leads website via Safari and reading the comic there for free instead. You don’t get the bonus content, of course…

Not that I’d complain if you did buy ’em, mind, just letting you know that there’s no benefit to buying the PDFs if you’re going to be reading ’em on an iPhone.

Bought (at last) ! Gonna get stuck into them now! :D

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Have you ever thought about doing the story as a podcast audiodrama? I only ask as most audiodrama’s in the podcasting world suffer from going on too much with dialogue. Being in comic format, the story gets told without too much unnecessary dialogue. Maybe an easy way to build up some more followers of the online comic story…

Ridley
    Participant

Would make sense as a way to tell additional stories between waiting for JjAR pages. And/or short stories.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

We’ve discussed it, and we even started work on an audio-drama at one point. Then it morphed into a “motion comic” version of the first issue. Now it’s morphed into something arguably better that itself has the potential to become something pretty bloody spectacular.

But, uh, yes. I’d love to do some proper audio-dramas at some point. I’ve had the thing semi-cast for the longest time now, too.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

The comic is ongoing again on our website, and we’ve enlisted the colouring talents of a certain Kris Carter. Perhaps you know him?

Kris Carter
    Participant

I’ve heard of that fella. What a hack!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’ve just locked in my first con appearance in two years. I’m a guest at the Anaheim Comic-Con in two weeks’ time. Blimey, I’m nervous.

You’ll be great, don’t worry! But remember; whatever befalls you, try and greet it with a smile on your lips and a song in your heart :)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.