Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Should the fans be given an opportunity to write an episode?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

Basically, Red Dwarf fans have supported the show through think and thin, and some might say, have a better knowledge of the show than some of the cast and/or crew. Therefore, do you think the fans be given an opportunity to write an episode? And if so, what would it be about?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Ridley
    Participant

That to the question or the thread itself?

Paul Muller
    Participant

It would probably be an hour long special devoted to explaining the Series VIII cliffhanger.

Memorable moments: Duane Dibbley’s soliloquy, Starbug vs Blue Midget dance off, Norman Lovett vs Hattie Hayridge dance off and of course, the big finale, where they all turn into anthropomorphic furry characters and fuck each other. The DVD weblink goes straight to DeviantArt.

Depending on which particular group of fans we’re talking about, the answer is ‘no’, ‘hell no’ or ‘noooooooo’

si
    Participant

Are you stupid? Not even actual Red Dwarf writers can write an episode at times. We may have a fanatical devotion to the show, but it doesn’t mean we can write it. Hell, Robert Llewellyn’s IN the fucking thing and he didn’t really manage it.

Robert Grant of Salford way do step forward.

I’d rather spend six months in Strangeways with nothing to read but Top Gear slash fiction then re-enact it every night as fellow prisoners looked on than watch a fan written episode of Red Dwarf.

Jo
    Participant

No.

Dollar Pound
    Participant

supporting the show and having knowledge of it and being a fan gives you the opportunity to write as many episodes as you like. that’s one of the best things about being a fan

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Should Jawscvmcdia be allowed to continue opening forum threads?

Yes, as it takes the heat off me.

Smegazine writers? I never read any of them though.

The Smegazines are weeeeeeeeeeeird. Like browsing Geocities before Geocities existed and thankfully burned to the ground.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Hahahaha, NOOOO.

Unless, it’s me, in which case, YES ABSOLUTELY.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Speaking of which, Kris…

flanl3
    Participant

And, subsequently, http://www.ganymede.tv/fora/ .

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I think I should get to write an episode, because I’m great. In fact, I think I should get to write two episodes, in case one of them doesn’t work.

clem
    Participant

Oooh not a popular one, Seb.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I’ve already written my episode.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I wrote some episodes back in 1995, when the show was on hiatus. I was going to send the scripts to Doug but instead I decide to shove them back up my arse.

Here’s one of them. It’s called “A Spooky Adventure”.

Starbug docks on a space-station run by old man Withers. The crew split up to explore, but suddenly realise that it is haunted by a ghost. Or is it?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

No.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

And then the haunting, wailing noises turn out to be the Cat, moaning because he ate some bad fish and has a sore stomach.

flanl3
    Participant
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.