Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ridley
    Participant

So has anyone here actually seen the CGI movie? I haven’t, I’ve only seen the first two episodes of the series.

For those in the UK that don’t want to wait till they show on Sky Premiere in like, two weeks or something, they can see them by navigating the Flash at:

http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/

At least until someone points out people in the UK can see them on the US Cartoon Network site but not StarWars.com

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Aye, I saw it at the cinema.

Was OK. Nothing particularly memorable….and nowhere near as good as the 2D animated Clone Wars series.

Ridley
    Participant

Not even the supposed gay-but-not-really Hutt?

pfm
    Participant

I’ve seen the movie but not the new episodes. I don’t think I have the will to watch them after the sheer dismality of the movie.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I saw this at the cinema. Don’t know why, hadn’t planned too. It was that or Zohan. Really enjoyed it. It’s not Star Wars. It reminded of spin-offs from the original trilogy, Ewoks or Droids. It was kids sci-fi which could be enjoyed by big kids. The ‘gay’ Hutt is excellent. A camp Gypsy that reminded me very specifically of Cartman.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

From the commercials the drawing style looked a little… ugly. How did it look on the big screen?

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Oooh….yeah! Zero the Hutt! I don’t think they were really going for “gay” with him…more of a 70s blaxploitation New Orleans pimp. You dig?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Spot on.

I thought they looked pretty ugly from the trailers too, but you get used to them. Amidala looked fairly foxy for a bunch of pixels and you could totally imagine some cute young american girl as a live-action version of… name escapes me now. The new padawan.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

I do like how it has an air of modern-day Thunderbirds about it. Something about the character models and physics…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.