Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Still Alive

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

Tonight I performed “Still Alive” and “Want You Gone” on stage with the voice of GLaDOS herself, Ellen McClain. I sung harmonies, if you’re wondering.

Easily the most bizarre, brilliant moment of my life. I’m still glowing.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

That’s fucking awesome.

fozzibear1
    Participant

Sweeeeet, I aleways love hearing about peeps fullfilling goals or dreams

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Vids or it didn’t happen.

si
    Participant

Just had to look up who/what GLaDOS is. Spot the non-gamer.
    Still, well done, you.

Brayds2006
    Participant

Oh man, now I’m imagining GLaDOS taking control of Red Dwarf. There’s a fanfic idea in that somewhere.

Moonlight
    Participant

I can just imagine both of you absolutely RADIATING science as you sang.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Jesus fucking Christ. This weekend has been impossibly special. I’m on the flight back to LA right now, still glowing. Going to be glowing for a while yet.

Oh, and Smegerama: I’m sitting next to a certain Mr. Paulsen right now.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

If you don’t ask him to sing the Nations Of the World and post it on SoundCloud i’ll be very, very upset.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’m not going to. Not now, at least. It’s been a very busy weekend and we’re both exhausted.

Rob’s a great guy, incidentally.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

Big fan of his, and if you didn’t already know what an immensely nice chap he is, you certainly would from listening to his podcast – which I have been a lot, this year. Nothing more relaxing and fun than listening to my heroes from the voice-over world while I’m out.

Did you talk to him at all, Ben?

StephenSimpson
    Participant

Agreeing with Ian(fucking hell!) video or I don’t believe it happened.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Did you talk to him at all, Ben?

We talked a bunch. We were sat next to each other for the flights to Nashville and back to LA, and he’s just the nicest guy. We spoke about cartoons (natch), Dudley Moore, Peter Sellers… I found out on the flight home that he’s a huge Formula One fan and a massive sportscar enthusiast, so that should make my mum very happy.

When we arrived at Nashville’s airport Billy West’s flight had pulled in too, so our driver (who took us to the hotel where the con was happening) just loaded us all into the same car. Listening to Rob and Billy talking was a treat.

Billy’s great too, incidentally. It’s amazing how two of the biggest talents in voice acting can be so down-to-earth and humble. What a pair of top-drawer guys.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Oh, and my publicist is trying to track down video of the Ellen McClain thing, by the way. Hopefully I’ll have something to share soonish.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

We talked a bunch. We were sat next to each other for the flights to Nashville and back to LA, and he’s just the nicest guy. We spoke about cartoons (natch), Dudley Moore, Peter Sellers… I found out on the flight home that he’s a huge Formula One fan and a massive sportscar enthusiast, so that should make my mum very happy.

When we arrived at Nashville’s airport Billy West’s flight had pulled in too, so our driver (who took us to the hotel where the con was happening) just loaded us all into the same car. Listening to Rob and Billy talking was a treat.

Wow. Rob Paulsen AND BILLY WEST!?! You lucky so and so! :oD

Billy’s great too, incidentally. It’s amazing how two of the biggest talents in voice acting can be so down-to-earth and humble. What a pair of top-drawer guys.

I’m not surprised and know what you mean. After listening to Talkin’ Toons… where Rob essentially talks to his friends from the voice acting world, you certainly get the feeling that voice actors are quite possibly the nicest people on Earth.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

After listening to Talkin’ Toons… where Rob essentially talks to his friends from the voice acting world…

I’m really really annoyed I didn’t know about this podcast…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

My Collector’s head is kicking in. Where are episodes 1 through 13, were they not originally on iTunes?

Thank you for this though!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’ve yet to meet a single voice actor who qualifies as “arsehole” (though I’ve heard stories about at least one, who shall remain nameless).

Oh, I also did improv with Doug Walker (of “That Guy With the Glasses”/”Nostalgia Critic” fame). I hate to keep beating the “lovely guy, so nice anddown-to-earth” drum, but… yeah. Marvellous bunch of people at this con.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’ve yet to meet a single voice actor who qualifies as “arsehole” (though I’ve heard stories about at least one, who shall remain nameless).

Please let that not be John DiMaggio, I want him to be a nice guy.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

No one I’ve spoken to has had a single bad word to say about DiMaggio. So that’s nice.

But let’s not turn this into a process-of-elimination thing.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Lol I wont, it doesn’t surprise me that some will be cocks. It’s kinda expected, and painfully inevitable.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I won’t lie – I sort-of expected Billy to have a bit of an ego, to be a bit of a diva, but he was a delight. (I didn’t expect that from Rob, mind, because his son and I are acquaintances and get along famously, so I imagined Rob and I would get on well enough.)

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

My Collector’s head is kicking in. Where are episodes 1 through 13, were they not originally on iTunes?

Thank you for this though!

No Problem :o) And yes, they were originally on itunes, I don’t know why or where they’ve disappeared to… I’ve seen 1 through 13 on his site though – http://robpaulsenlive.com/page/6/

Oh, and not to keep speculating about who the one possible “arsehole” voice actor is, (and I’m not asking you to name him/her) but the obsessive nerd can’t keep shut after just remembering in April Winchell’s episode of Rob’s podcast, she mentions Hank Azaria as being “very snotty” with her when she was asked about there being any difficult voice actors. Which is a shame if he really is like that, because he seems like a nice enough guy on the Simpsons commentaries.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

All I can say is Rob and Billy were absolute gentlemen. So kind and welcoming. They made me feel like Part of the Gang, y’know? A real treat.

pfm
    Participant

> But let’s not turn this into a process-of-elimination thing.

But they do work on The Simpsons. ;)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

No they don’t.

Or maybe they do.

But I’ll never tell.

pfm
    Participant

Mila Kunis :P

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.