Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Storylinesnatcher

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mr Flibble
    Participant

Bodysnatcher – Lister learns that, as much as he hates him, he needs Rimmer.
    Blue – Lister learns that, as much as he… you get the point.

I can’t remember off hand where the new material in Bodysnatcher starts though.

Dave
    Participant

Bodysnatcher – The Skutters have a scrap.
    Better Than Life – The Skutters have a scrap.

Andrew
    Participant

Bodysnatcher – set on a space ship and features characters called Rimmer, Lister, Cat and Holly.
    Thanks for the Memory – set on a space ship and features characters called Rimmer, Lister, Cat and Holly.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Oh, it’s not that silly an observation.

Andrew
    Participant

To be fair, I’m not entirely sure what the observation is. The unseen material in Bodysnatcher starts with the first line, doesn’t it?

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

The observation was that Blue covers similar themes to Bodysnatcher – a connection I haven’t seen before.

I think by “new material” Mr Flibble means where the themes of Bodysnatcher divert from this common path.

Andrew
    Participant

But isn’t ‘actually they sorta need each other’ a recurring theme in the series as a whole? For that matter, isn’t the point of Blue that Lister is MISSING Rimmer and needs reminding of his massive flaws? He isn’t shown to need him in the episode.

I’m starting to wonder if by ‘new material’ Mr F means the stuff Rob and Doug wrote to complete the script…

Phil
    Participant

Bodysnatcher – Bodysomething
    Bodyswap – Bodysomething

Lazy dicks!

Dave
    Participant

>I?m starting to wonder if by ?new material? Mr F means the stuff Rob and Doug wrote to complete the script?

I think that’s exactly what he meant.

By the time we get to Blue, Lister does need and miss Rimmer, but Bodysnatcher was a prospective episode 2 so “Herman Goering would have been more of a laugh than Rimmer. I mean, OK, he was a drug-crazed Nazi transvestite, but at least we could have gone dhancin!” still stands.

Bodysnatcher is the beginning of the trend in Dwarf of meeting and disliking yourself: Me2, Stasis Leak, Parallel Universe, Timeslides, Dimension Jump, The Inquisitor, Terrorform, Demons & Angels, Rimmerworld, Out Of Time, Stoke, Ouroborous and probably something in VIII that doesn’t spring to mind.

For Lister, Bodysnatcher is less about needing Rimmmer and more about loathing himself and having to admit Rimmer is the lesser of two evils.

John Hoare
    Participant

Bodysnatcher is the beginning of the trend in Dwarf of meeting and disliking yourself

Anyone get the feeling Rob and Doug had self-esteem issues?

(Smiley optional.)

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Me2 bits in Infinity = Awesome

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Dave:

I think that?s exactly what he meant.

It was, yes.

By the time we get to Blue, Lister does need and miss Rimmer, but Bodysnatcher was a prospective episode 2 so ?Herman Goering would have been more of a laugh than Rimmer. I mean, OK, he was a drug-crazed Nazi transvestite, but at least we could have gone dhancin!? still stands.

That’s very true.

All I wanted to do was point out the similarities and wonder if, perhaps, Doug reused the concept of Bodysnatcher in Series VII. I thought about the fact that Blue ends up with Lister hating Rimmer again, but is that really the point of the episode or not? Isn’t it “just a funny ending”?

G&T has always encouraged intelligent debate, and as it was quiet (at least with Dwarf issues) I thought I’d encourage some, that’s all. My OP is almost certainly an incorrect observation, but I wanted to put it out there.

Ridley
    Participant
    Phil
    Participant

This site has been closed.

LucasFilm has asked us to remove this site, as they felt it infringed on their properties. We have enjoyed seeing the tens of thousands of users over the past several days, and thank you for your interest.

Dave
    Participant

>G&T has always encouraged intelligent debate, and as it was quiet (at least with Dwarf issues) I thought I?d encourage some

Well I hope I haven’t turned it into an unintelligent debate. If I wanted an unintelligent debate I’d go to my local ASDA and repeatedly shout ‘jism-chasm’ at the top of my lungs.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

No, I wasn’t getting at anyone regarding intelligent debate. Sorry for the misunderstanding Dave.

I’d like to try that in Asda. They don’t have those announcer people any more though, do they?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

“Attention Customers… ‘Testicles’… That is all…”

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Oh, and for the record, the phrase “jism-chasm” made tea come out of my nose. Ta for that!

Phil
    Participant

Bodysnatcher – My grandmother has never seen this episode
    Timeslides – My grandmother has never seen this episode

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Bodysnatcher = Has 12 letters in the title.
    Thanks for the Memory = Has 12 letters in the title. And another 6.

Dave
    Participant

>Oh, and for the record, the phrase ?jism-chasm? made tea come out of my nose. Ta for that!

I aim to please

Phil
    Participant

Dave – makes “jism-chasm” joke
    Danny Stephenson – laughs at “jism-chasm” joke

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.