The Daily Mail has EXCLUSIVELY discovered Back to Earth

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Daily Mail has EXCLUSIVELY discovered Back to Earth

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Pete Part Three 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Nick R

This popped up on Chrome’s new tab “articles for you” section. (That’s my excuse anyway.)

In what is certain to be the most exciting celebration of Red Dwarf’s 30th anniversary we’re likely to see, apparently someone at the Mail wanted an excuse to post pictures of a young Michelle Keegan. So they looked back through her IMDb credits, found the earliest non-Corrie thing in the list, and took some screen captures of her scene.

Not going to link to it, for obvious reasons. I already feel guilty for being tempted into clicking it myself.

EXCLUSIVE: Fresh-faced Michelle Keegan makes a minute-long cameo in Red Dwarf at the start of her acting career in newly-unearthed footage
    By JABEEN WAHEED FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:31, 14 February 2018 | UPDATED: 13:16, 14 February 2018

She soared to fame during a six year span from 2008 to 2014 on the long-running soap Coronation Street, playing Tina McIntyre.

And in new footage unearthed exclusively by MailOnline, Michelle Keegan can be seen as a fresh-faced 21-year-old in the popular science fiction comedy, Red Dwarf.

The star, now 30, who is famed for her jaw-dropping beauty, proved to be casually clad for the one-minute cameo in her forgotten acting credential.

After making a name for herself on the Cobbles, Michelle went on to become a TV star in her own right – with acclaimed roles in the likes of mini-series Tina and Bobby and war drama, Our Girl.

But Michelle proved that everyone has to start somewhere as she booked a short cameo for the sitcom Red Dwarf back in 2009 – one year into her soap storyline.

In the newly discovered footage, Michelle – who is married to former TOWIE hunk Mark Wright, is seen working behind the counter of The Kabin newsagents.

Red Dwarf favourites Rimmer, Kryten and The Cat, all come in asking for directions and ask her if she knows where ‘granny-grabbing philanderer Lloyd Mullaney’ is.

Newly-unearthed footage! Casually clad!

“Everyone has to start somewhere”… even if that start is (as it says in the article) one year into their soap acting career!

Also, despite being a programme commercially available in HD, the pictures they chose to illustrate the story were this and this.

Yes, I know that pointing out the problems with Mail clickbait articles is like shooting fish in a barrel (and that by clicking on them, you’re falling into that barrel too, to mix metaphors). I was just amused by their presentation of this as a triumph of EXCLUSIVE investigative journalism.

flanl3

We found it. We found the people who liked her appearance in Back to Earth.

Ridley

Newly-back-to-earthed blade runnage

Jonsmad

I’ve Exclusively unearthed that Red Dwaf once mentioned Casually Permed footballer Kevin Keegan, Who isnt Michelle’s dad. Here is some more pictures of Michelle.

Ben Saunders

I liked her appearance in Back to Earth.
    Never seen her in Corrie though

Pete Part Three

One for the TV show “While They Were Famous”, there.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.