Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Last Day

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

It’s my last day in a temp job that I hate.

Merry Christmas.

TheLeen
    Participant

Merry Christmas Dave,
    Merry Christmas G&T!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

It’s also my last day before I escape from work, but only on an annual leave basis. Also, it’s snowing!

hummingbird
    Participant

Bah! I have to work until Tuesday.
    And no snow, either. 8(

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I went base over apex on a road and tore up some ligaments in my foot. So my holiday started last Thursday!

Hooray-ish.

ChrisM
    Participant

>It?s my last day in a temp job that I hate.

Next Wednesday is my last day of my temp job. (As far as I know anyway. There’s talk that we might be asked back.) I don’t hate it though, although it can be a bit monotonous and hectic near the end of the shift.

At the interview the, er, interviewer actually said “Congratulations on becoming a Royal Mail Man”. Heh. (I’m doing mail sorting North London way.)

Jo
    Participant

Unlucky! It took me 5 years to escape Royal Mail’s clutches!

ChrisM
    Participant

Oh, I’m not complaining. It’s the first job I’ve had in a good while. Well, apart from a week of leaflet delivery… which probably counts considering how exhausted and foot-sore I was at the end of each day. It beat that anyway.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

For those leaving their jobs, your not the only one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNace1KBqac

Merry Christmas.

ChrisM
    Participant

>For those leaving their jobs, your not the only one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNace1KBqac

Ha ha! Sick! I haven’t seen that before.

Speaking of jobs, I had an interview recently and didn’t get the job, but since it’s Christmas I’m going to be resolutely optimistic about future oppurtunities. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Gwynnie
    Participant

Ahhh, I’m finishing my job on Thursday. It is Santa’s Grotto, so it would only be weird if it was open longer. So… now I’ll do anything. Bar work, shops, kitchens, who cares if you have a degree, it’s still hard to get anything at the moment… MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO!

ChrisM
    Participant

Interesting you should mention a job at Santa’s Grotto, just before I started my Christmas job a guy on the CDG* course I was on got a job as an elf! Quite good money apparently.

*A company who do ‘back to work courses’ and provide computer access, etc. Not that I don’t have computer access (obviously) but we’re forced to do it after an amount of time unemployed.

JamesTC
    Participant

>got a job as an elf! Quite good money apparently.

So he wasn’t short changed?

Jo
    Participant

Badoom-tish!

hummingbird
    Participant

Last day for me today!
    … until New year, that is.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’m unemployed.

JamesTC
    Participant

>I?m unemployed.

That means you’ll have to work right through christmas.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.