Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Video – My take on the Carbug montage…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’ve changed the music of the montage when Carbug is making it’s way to Coronation Street. I really didn’t like the music used for the segment and I thought this might have suited it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmIefYSybcY

Carlito
    Participant

I didn’t mind the use of new music in the show, to add to the feeling that we were watching something NEW, but I did like your choice of music there, would have certainly fitted it just fine.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Nah, I prefer what was used.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Much better :)

hummingbird
    Participant

Not bad, but the tempo is a little slow.

Ilinga
    Participant

Not bad, but I still think that the original music suited the scene better.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Not bad, but I still think that the original music suited the scene better.

But which music suits an episode of Red Dwarf better? The music used on BtE is, largely, completely out of place and un-Dwarf like.

Ilinga
    Participant

That’s kind of the point though. They were in a bizarre situation that was nothing like their everyday lives. I thought that the quirky music suited both carbug and the whole surreal situation they were in.

p2p_productions
    Participant

>I?ve changed the music of the montage when Carbug is making it?s way to Coronation Street.

That’s exactly the music I was thinking, Danny. It works, but I do really like the track in BtE, too.

…If they’d had the money/time, maybe they could’ve gone for a heavy metal Corrie theme. ;-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Much prefer your effort Danny.

Nice one!

>”They were in a bizarre situation that was nothing like their everyday lives. I thought that the quirky music suited both carbug and the whole surreal situation they were in.”

Huh? They’ve been inked before. This was pretty much BTR with most of the humour removed. No need to change the music as well.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Don’t get me wrong, some of the musical choices for the special work really well and give it a much more film-like style. But that particular piece of music really makes me wince. I hope I get used to it.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Oh and thanks for the feedback guys!!

Mnoooah
    Participant

> Huh? They?ve been inked before.

Yeah, but they didn’t have to drive a hilariously embarassing car to Coronation street.

Having seen both, I can go either way; the goofy music certianly underscores the indigity of it all, but Danny’s version makes you take the mission more seriously which by then would be about bloody time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

>”Yeah, but they didn?t have to drive a hilariously embarrassing car to Coronation street.”

And in BTR they’d never been Duane, Jake and the Doyle brothers before but we didn’t get (or need) goofy music.

>”Danny?s version makes you take the mission more seriously which by then would be about bloody time.”

Spot on mate.

Jo
    Participant

Danny’s version FTW!

ChrisM
    Participant

I like an electric guitar solo, but I prefer the one we had in the episode.

si
    Participant

Danny’s version was great – how about the music from ‘Kryten’, from when Lister’s getting ready to go to the Nova 5? That would sound half-decent, I think.

hummingbird
    Participant

Or the music from Timeslides, when Kryten is developing the photographs.

Carlito
    Participant

Next up… the sad Observation Dome music at Kochanski’s gravestone…

c’mon Danny, deliver the goods…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

The carbug music was the only one that annoyed me, but yeah i wonder what they sound like?

si
    Participant

It’s just occurred to me, Dan, that you could’ve even got the Cat’s “Stop, stop!” in there, and it would’ve still fitted.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Well I used the isolated music cues, but now I wished i’d mixed it with the original cue from Backwards…

Richey
    Participant

> the sad Observation Dome music

One of my all-time favourite Howard Goodall musical bits.

Carlito
    Participant

Re: the Carbug scene. Hows about the jazzy tune when Lister is getting dressed up in his least smeggy clothes from Kryten?

I always liked that one.

Carlito
    Participant

> Danny?s version was great – how about the music from ?Kryten?, from when Lister?s getting ready to go to the Nova 5? That would sound half-decent, I think.

Oh dear. I should read the thread before I post shouldn’t I? Actually my first reaction on watching Danny’s video was to wonder how it would sound with that tune, I intended to post that and I forgot.

Richey
    Participant

Oh, and Danny – you improved that whole sequence 100% with what you did, because it makes it FUNNY. The over-the-top Goodall guitar wanking makes the scene hillarious because it infuses it with a totally misplaced sense of cool. As though the guys are trying to act cool and take it in their stride that they’re driving around a ridiculous looking car. Good work, sir.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.