Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What character/prop would you most like see return to the new series?

Viewing 62 posts - 1 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Jawscvmcdia
    Participant

For me, it would have to be the time wand. I felt there was so much potential there to use the wand, with all its different capabilities, yet it was wasted serving as a plot device to bring a dinosaur to life.

[this post has been edited by request of the user]

Phil
    Participant

I see that episode being very well received.

Ridley
    Participant

Kochanski.

Not sure about which character though. *face*

Obviously the answer is: none.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I’d like to see the bar Lister was going to use to hit death on the head with from Future Echoes to make a return.

John Hoare
    Participant

Rimmer.

clem
    Participant

That woman in the cafe in Backwards and her éclair.

Dax101
    Participant

The Psi-Scan From series 4 and 5 because it was better then the calculator version from BTE

Jawscvmcdia
    Participant
    By Jove its holmes
    Participant

Not Clare Grogan. She and Craig Charles had zero chemistry, sexual or otherwise.

Dax101
    Participant
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’d like to see the one who says smeg come back.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Talkie Toaster. And Talkie Toaster.

performingmonkey
    Participant

Pree, or maybe Rebecca Blackstone playing another character.

David Ross’ Kryten in a story where the crew discover their ‘legit’ selves in a parallel universe.

Lister would be played by Chiwetel Ejiofor,
    Rimmer by Alexander Armstrong,
    the Cat by Paterson Joseph,
    Kryten by Brent Spiner,
    Kochanski by Emily Watson.
    Holly by Norman Lovett (cause Norm’s legit, innit)

Karnie
    Participant

Starbug. and not as tiny little models on a long shot like in X. Proper representation!

performingmonkey
    Participant

Just realised I said Brent Spiner playing Kryten, despite the whole point of it being that David Ross was back xD Whatever.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Archie.

Pembers
    Participant

The Epideme Virus was a chirpy fella.

Ridley
    Participant

Sorry ’bout the salmonella

Pecospete666
    Participant

Talkie Toaster. And Talkie Toaster!

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I’d like to see the return of Taiwan Tony… He wasn’t even remotely racist at all. If he was, they would have called him Taiwan Ting Tong or something…

Kris Carter
    Participant

I like how Pecospete thinks.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Blue Midget.

And then they can *finally* update the Blue Midget page.

PFML84
    Participant

The computer sound effects from Series 3-5 were really nice, I’d like to hear them again for a bit of nostalgia.

Dax101
    Participant

Nice to see them bringing back the bazookoid

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Paddy… YES. Those sound effects were lovely.
    I’d like to see Lister smoking again, so a cigarette. And I’d like to see him walking around in shorts and a t-shirt… I’m not sure why. It seemed very natural. But that’s more ‘costume’ than ‘props’.
    Lister’s Paranoia might be a nice character to have back. He never really got enough screen time to stretch his wings. Though I am against seeing a return from Confidence.

si
    Participant

I expect Confidence is probably against seeing a return to Red Dwarf, to be honest.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

#rapprochement.

I haven’t liked Craig Ferguson since Jerry Sadowitz accused him of plagiarism. Which, to be honest, is probably worth re-evaluating.

Dollar Pound
    Participant

cigarette is a good call. there hasn’t been a smoking incedent on rd for a bit. and the inflatable banana. maybe it bursts from the cigarette.

Dollar Pound
    Participant

also maybe the costumes from the restaurant scene in btl. plus ‘androids’: rd hasn’t explored its show within a show enough yet. itchy and scratchy. inspector spacetime. the show in hyperdrive

si
    Participant

Captain Helix. That was Hyperdrive.

As you were.

Dollar Pound
    Participant

captain helix. in the rd universe androids is always in production presumably and kryten has this deep connection because it’s his show and i liked captain helix and inspector spacetime.this has gone off topic and i promised i wouldn’t talk about food

Dollar Pound
    Participant

a giant inflatable version of the banana from camille and a cigarette is all i want.

Slainmonkey
    Participant

So wait……you want a 9/11 episode? That’s pretty on the nose for a lot of reasons, I mean that would be about as tasteful as an episode that pokes fun of the gassing of the Jewish people in WW2. At least Tikka to Ride danced that fine line to keep it respectful to JFK. Further more I think we all wanna forget anything from the Pete episodes, which is why I would rather avoid any mention on the time wand honestly.

While I would like the show to look to the future and not trade in on past glories (We really don’t need another Emohawk or Dibbley Family), however I wouldn’t mind seeing the Scutters again…..provided then they are better used then they were in series 8.

Rimmer’s Mother

Slainmonkey
    Participant

If handled well, I wouldn’t mind seeing Jenny Agutter return as Professor Mamet.

si
    Participant

I’d like to see Young Rimmer again, if we can tear him away from that furniture shop.

Ridley
    Participant

Further more I think we all wanna forget anything from the Pete episodes, which is why I would rather avoid any mention on the time wand honestly.

I dunno, it could be recycled for a different plot. Something like Futurama’s Meanwhile’s time button or a really interesting idea that Naylor hasn’t thought of yet.

Although at this point the Dwarfers might have a vault somewhere on board containing a stasis leak, time slides, TARDIS, time drive, zomb-e Cassandra, time wand, quantum rod and rejuvenation shower ready to explode into a massive white time hole that Taiwan Tony draws his strength from.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Lister’s Paranoia might be a nice character to have back. He never really got enough screen time to stretch his wings. Though I am against seeing a return from Confidence.

Not fussed about Paranoia coming back, but Lee Cornes returning would be nice.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

> Lee Cornes returning would be nice.

Hmmm. Cornes has a tendency to be a bit OTT for me. See ‘Dick Head’ of Bottom. ‘Bin Man’ of Filthy Rich & Catflap. And anything else Lee Cornes has ever done. (Apart from Paranoia of Red Dwarf.)

Other exceptions welcome.

His repairman poet in 15 Storeys High is marvellous.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Ah yes – that was very good. I’ve a strong memory of it being about American trucks… I haven’t seen it for a long time.
    Speaking of 15 Stories, Errol was big in The Martian. Wasn’t he.

clem
    Participant

I’d forgotten about that character. I like him as the “cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese macaroni…” man as well.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Who was the “cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese macaroni…” man, and what was he in?

I thought he was weak in Blackadder. But he was quite suited to Jack and Jeremy’s Real Lives. He played the kitchen boy quite well. So it’s hard to pin down.

And I just remembered he was in Blackadder more than once… As the poet & as the Scarlet Pimpernel’s assistant (in series 3) I thought he was weak. As the German guard (in series 2) I thought he was good.
    And he was in The Young Ones in an Alexei bit in the medieval one. And he was okay.

This is too complicated.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Who was the “cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese macaroni…” man, and what was he in?

15 Storeys High. The Sean Lock sitcom thing, which i’m rapidly warming to. Benedict Wong is hilarious in it.

clem
    Participant

Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DimYzDqc478 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRp-763aMy8

I’m sure Lee Cornes is in Goes Forth as well but I can’t remember which episode or his character. He’s not in the Scarlett Pimpernel one though. That’s Nigel Planer.

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

> 15 Storeys High.

I’ve seen both series a fair amount of times but I’m fucked if I can remember the cheese/macaroni man…

JamesTC
    Participant

I’ve seen 15 Storeys High many times and never noticed it was him.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’m sure Lee Cornes is in Goes Forth as well but I can’t remember which episode or his character.

He’s one of the firing squad in ‘Corporal Punishment’

clem
    Participant

> I’ve seen 15 Storeys High many times and never noticed it was him.

You should turn up the brightness on your telly…

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

The firing squad! “I saw the card and couldn’t resist.” Yes.
    Nigel Planer. Of course! “I’m the best man!”

Marvellous.

JamesTC
    Participant

>You should turn up the brightness on your telly…

Have I got “mug” written on my face?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

COME AND WIPE YOUR HANDS ON ME COOOOOOOAT

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Just watched your clips, Clem, cheers. I remember him now.
    And if anyone had said that Kim Benson, from the same scene, was in 15 Storeys as well, I wouldn’t have been able to place her. I wouldn’t have even known her name. You would have had to have said she was the woman who played Gary Olsen’s workmate in ‘2point4 Children’.

She could have been good in the first 2 series of Red Dwarf. As Rimmer’s line manager or something. Actually, that’s sounding more like series 8.

Did that plaster come off you? … Well eat it!

Yaron Ru
    Participant

The curry Lister was eating in Waiting for God.

Cat’s shiny thing.

The flakes Lister pulled out of the cigarette.

The cake that was supposed to be roast beef.

Chicken marengo.

The shaving foam from Lister’s armpit.

A piece of the exploded “Confidence” recovered from deep space.

Rimmer’s old toenail clippings that Lister mentioned in Me2.

The wig that makes Rimmer look like a complete and total tit.

JamesTC
    Participant

>The wig that makes Rimmer look like a complete and total tit.

No, no, no. Rimmer wasn’t wearing a wig. It was probably just gel.

ChrisM
    Participant

Sim Crawford is technically still on the ship, right? (Assuming she wasn’t dumped out of an airlock between episodes.)

If she somehow got rebooted after an antivirus purge* that could lead to an interesting episode. Or a really awful episode, come to think of it.

*How or why? The lads need her for something, or simulants elsewhere, wishing revenge for the destruction of the Death Ship, etc, detect her presence and boot her up remotely…

A team up between first generation and current generation model simulants if you like.

Karnie
    Participant

We need the skutters back.

Ridley
    Participant

Would be an interesting visual if part of the ship had thousands of burnt out skutters piled up somewhere that have broken over the course of three million years.

(Then you can revive them for a zombie episode.)

Yaron Ru
    Participant

The laser that nearly hit Rimmer is due a reappearance at some point. Classic.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’ve always wanted to see the meteor that crashed into the ship, but from the inside, hollowed out from years of improvised mining training. Held together with scaffolding and reinforcement. I just think it would make an interesting visual.

Dollar Pound
    Participant

i need more confidence

Viewing 62 posts - 1 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.