Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What phone should I get?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Gwynnie
    Participant

Hello my loves.
    Well. I have a piece of crap known as the O2 Coccoon, and while it has cool blue LED lights on the side, it is a slow, frustrating brick with the shortest battery life I have ever encountered in a phone. And now, it has pretty much broken – I charge it overnight, and by midday it’s switching itself off due to low battery.
    So, can anyone recommend me a good phone that won’t rape my bank account? I know most of you seemed to have iPhones at DJ… but I probably can’t afford one, and I like having big buttons (and not qwerty keyboards, just numbers). I need to stop buying phones just because they’re pretty, so I figured you lot would be able to suggest something?

TheLeen
    Participant

I got myself an iPhone on the way from the airport home.

And I’m bloody in love with the thing.

Even the packaging it came in was worth it.

Gwynnie
    Participant

No iPhone promotion! :P I will break it.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Damnit, I’m watching an advert for an iPhone and now I want one…

Trena
    Participant

I recommend not using a phone, it works wonders for me as I have no-one I particularly want to speak to.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Yeah, that’s helpful..

Pete Part Three
    Participant

iPhone.

[waits for Ian the Smegmeister to pipe up about Google phones]

mick
    Participant

I have an iPhone 3GS It’s excellent.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Stop it! I can’t afford an iPhone, you teases! I’ve ordered a Samsung pink thing now… it was ?40…

Jo
    Participant

What model did you end up going for?
    I was going to suggest a Samsung, that’s what I’ve got. Linky: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8510_innov8-2471.php

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant
    Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I would have recommended the iPhone (notwithstanding getting here too late) had battery life not been one of your complaints about your current phone – as it’s by absolutely miles the worst thing about the otherwise excellent 3GS.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

The best phone in the world is the G1.

si
    Participant

Funnily enough, I ordered a new LG KS360 just a few hours ago. I am looking forward to it’s arrival tomorrow. :)

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> The best phone in the world is the G1.

What’s the battery life like?

Gwynnie
    Participant

Well. My phone ran out of battery about 8 hours after charging it. Surely it can’t be worse??

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

What?s the battery life like?

Not perfect, but far better than that other phone.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Ah well, ordered a Samsung thingy now. I used to have a d900, and have no idea why I traded it in for a shite one. Ah well.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

The best phone in the world is the G1.

Agreed. Much better than that iThing.

Personally I recently got a Sony Erricsson W995. After my last phone I decided I wouldn’t get another Walkman phone but seeing this completely changed my mind. 8.1 megapixel camera, wi-fi, comes with 8GB storage, some fun applications and easy to use.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Cost?

I have a Nokia N95 8GB, which I love (and if you did want to go for the N95 definitely do make sure it’s the 8GB because they improved it in loads more ways than just memory size).

It all boils down to whether you just want a phone or something that does everything. Then there’s something people own for the sole purpose of pissing other people off, which is the iPhone. The N95 is sort of in the in-between. It’s not cheap though.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

The N95 is sort of in the in-between. It?s not cheap though.

The N95 8GB isn’t cheap? It’s about 3 years old now! Surely they must be cheap…

IMO the N95s aren’t that good, the screen in particular is big but has tremendously low resolution.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Grrr, I have to sign for my new phone, so I basically have to sit in all day, waiting… I can’t see any day other than Sunday when that would be possible. Why don’t they just bloody shove it through the letterbox?

Jo
    Participant

Because there’d be no proof that you’ve taken receipt of it and you could claim that you hadn’t received it and therefore they’d have to send you a new one.

Not saying that *you* would do that, but there are people out there who would do that. Hence a signature being required.

Gwynnie
    Participant

I knoooooow. But I’m nice, and they should just *know* that. And now I’ve paid for it so I can’t just go to the shop and get one from there, although last time I bought a phone from a phone shop I wanted to kick the sales girl in the head. I had a train to catch, and she took about 40 minutes before I could buy the damn thing, confirming secret answers over the phone to some man because I didn’t remember my password, which surely shouldn’t matter if I’m buying a brand new phone!

Trena
    Participant

They asked me what my profession was when I registered my phone.

I assumed they would then use the information to target their advertisements and other various pieces of nonsense towards me.

I told them I was an undertaker.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.