Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • in reply to: Who's the squeaker? #252345
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    classic bantz

    in reply to: Kochanksi comes back at the end of series 1 #238313
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    AH I see. well that’s very satisfying, even if it doesn’t give me a legendary lost series 1 kochanski epsiode. ta!

    in reply to: Your Unpopular Red Dwarf Opinions #233003
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    i think you might be looking for the ‘things everyone agrees about’ thread

    in reply to: Your Unpopular Red Dwarf Opinions #232975
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    Krytie TV is my favourite episode of 8

    Dear Dave is my favourite episode of 10

    They’ve both got problematic bits for sure but the show is riddled with them, and for that matter so are most people. The difference with Timewave is that it’s a shit episode in the first place with some genuine ugliness thrown in to make it worse

    Never understood why Waiting For God gets so slated – great episode among great episodes

    in reply to: Craig's teeth #232946
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    this sounds about right, fits my ‘between 8 and bte’ theory

    in reply to: Craig's teeth #232863
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    I’ve always thought that boiler suit was an extraordinarily bad look for craig. He does look huge at his wedding. I don’t think he’s actually any fatter than usual in series 6, it’s just such an unflattering outfit. Equally, I don’t think Chris’ outfit makes him look fatter (although his actual face does)

    Craig definitely looks more streamlined in series 7 – the slick hair helps.The belt just looks silly

    Incidentally, this wasn’t supposed to be a thread about how well everyone’s aged. It was literally just about Craig’s teeth. So he had his chipped tooth fixed, eh? when was that?

    He’s definitely had some veneers or something in between series 8 and bte

    in reply to: Smegazine – The Complete Collection #219798
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    i hear you. although this could be the polymorph-as-dwarf from the comics

    besbvesdy
    Participant

    i’m sure i remember them talking in the making-of about how her role was hugely expanded and turned into more of a love-thing…no?

    besbvesdy
    Participant

    well there we are – I liked killcrazy and would welcome giving him a go in the team (although wasn’t that just a bit of banter between the actor and doug?)

    I don’t remember doug saying that if she came back it wouldn’t be as a regular but that is comforting…I do however remember some guff about needing to have her in the film. was it on the basis that people won’t watch a film if there’s isn’t a love story somewhere? is that why they put trillian into the hitchhikers film? surely that can’t be the case (I love the HH film btw)

    besbvesdy
    Participant

    I don’t know how to quote the ‘is he’ part of your reply

    but he would seem to be. he had her as part of the crew (not an illusion or a flashback) in his book, in two series of the actual show, then he talked about how he intended to bring her back halfway through x (which in my mind would have negated all the good not having her around was doing) and is still talking about bringing her back in one of the new seasons

    I’m not asking whether she’s good or not, I’m asking why doug seems so intent on bringing her back when all the evidence would suggest (1-6 funny, 7+8 awful, 10 miraculously funny again) that she’s a disaster for the show

    and don’t get me wrong – I love 7+8. but they’re rarely funny, if at all, and oftentimes a bit embarrassing

    besbvesdy
    Participant

    except she’s not the series’ only regular female character – hattie was great as holly for three seasons and although she’s not written as specifically female (which is half the problem with kochanski in 7 and 8) it goes to show that it’s not just down to a girl spoiling the ‘boyz’ dynamic

    the material in 7 and 8 was rotten, the actress although capable at drama was absolutely useless at comedy – but most of all I think she works best as the abstract concept in lister’s mind

    so why does doug want to scrap all of that good work? especially after such terrible results?

    in reply to: Demastered – A Series X Project #210903
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    looks great to me, but then again I just gave up on my series 2 dvd in favour of the vhs. how about a comparison wipe? gworn.

    in reply to: Demastered – A Series X Project #210898
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    ok, is deal

    in reply to: Demastered – A Series X Project #210896
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    this all sounds great and i’d be greatly interested in the results but for now i’d settle for the clip you posted a while ago…?

    in reply to: Demastered – A Series X Project #210892
    besbvesdy
    Participant

    please re-upload this or bung it on youtube, the whole thing sounds both pointless and fascinating

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)