Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Argh, you know what might ruin BtE?

Viewing 55 posts - 1 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Mr-Stabby
    Participant

The very idea that Iain Lee will probably be the continuity announcer on Dave when the episode is shown.

Anyone who watches Dave will no doubt have heard his awful announcements. Apparently they even have a writer to write them. Jeeezuuus.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Are they trying to be funny?

Richey
    Participant

Here’s an idea – keep the sound turned off on your telebox until Red Dwarf actually begins.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Honestly, it wouldn’t ruin it for me. The sound of him having to grit his teeth and sound enthusiastic about the show because it’s his only employers’ most valuable property would make the experience of watching BtE an absolute joy even if the episodes themselves are utter shite.

hummingbird
    Participant

What Seb said.

>The sound of him having to grit his teeth and sound enthusiastic about the show because it?s his only employers? most valuable property would make the experience of watching BtE an absolute joy even if the episodes themselves are utter shite.

The term for that is “schadenfreude”, innit? Our joy at his irritation. And yes, it’s fun. Maybe afterward he’ll come here–sorry, one of his fans will come here and register to call us all nerds and twats and twatty nerds.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Don’t forget ‘fat virgins’…

si
    Participant

*stares at feet*

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You mean you can see them?

SkyAndSun
    Participant

Did he come to the forums insulting you guys?

(I’m new here)

si
    Participant

> You mean you can see them?

I’ve lost some weight since I spent ten days in hospital in January/February.

Phil
    Participant

Tell me more!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Did he come to the forums insulting you guys?

(I?m new here)

Whoa yes.

http://www.ganymede.tv/atspeed/2008/09/iain-lee-is-an-even-bigger-fucking-cunt-than-previously-thought

More importantly, he thinks Dwarf is “not funny” and “a crock of shit”. So if/when he has to pay it a scripted compliment, we can call him not just a fucking cunt, but a fucking hypocritical cunt.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Surely if it’s scripted it’s not really his opinion is it? So not hypocritical. It’s ‘Iain Lee’ cuntinuity person, not ‘Iain Lee’ the person.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

No, it just means he’s willing to state opinions he does not believe in for the sake of the yankie dollar.

Anyone seen Duffy in the coke ad?

locusceruleus
    Participant

>No, it just means he?s willing to state opinions he does not believe in for the sake of the yankie dollar.

Well put. Even if he wasn’t a total dick, entirely unappealing and devoid of talent, I’d still find it impossible to take him seriously because of that. I hope he knows we’re all here laughing at his two-facedness.

Maybe we can club together and see what we can get him to say for a few hundred quid.

Iain Lee
    Participant

Hey, everybody. I’m a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.

si
    Participant

Welcome aboard!

locusceruleus
    Participant

Hi Iain! Welcome to the site! Great to see you here!

I’ve always liked him.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> No, it just means he?s willing to state opinions he does not believe in for the sake of the yankie dollar.

Ah I see. Because everything we do in our own jobs we agree with 100%. I’m defending Iain Lee :( Damn this life.

performingmonkey
    Participant

> I?ve lost some weight since I spent ten days in hospital in January/February.

Those gastric bands are quite effective.

Dave
    Participant

>Hey, everybody. I?m a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.

I suggest you consult this thread (http://www.ganymede.tv/forum/2009/03/moderator-warning-pimping-your-stuff) before you start pimping your butt around.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Ah I see. Because everything we do in our own jobs we agree with 100%.

But we don’t make public statements saying one thing that contradict an employer’s line that we might have to follow. That would be called a conflict of interests. This is why I don’t review TV things written by Agency clients any more.

(incidentally, this is all hypothetical, we don’t have a clue what’s going to happen with the continuity. It’s fun to speculate, though.)

hummingbird
    Participant

> I suggest you consult this thread (http://www.ganymede.tv/forum/2009/03/moderator-warning-pimping-your-stuf…) before you start pimping your butt around.

I think we can make an exception for Mr Lee.
    Did I mention that I want to have his babies?

Iain Lee
    Participant

Well, hello there. I only have three conditions for a successful relationship:

1) You must listen to each and every episode of Shindiggery
    3) You must agree that Red Dwarf is rubbish
    3) You must bring your own PlayStation controller to my all-night Tekken 3 tournaments

Ben Paddon
    Participant

1.) I hardly have time to listen to my own podcast.
    2.) Does saying that series VIII is rubbish count?
    3.) Tekken’s not my thing. I’m really more of a Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros kind of guy.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

God Bless you, Iain Lee.

Iain Lee
    Participant

Hi Ben. Howya doing?

1) My mum listens to Shindiggery and she says its some of my best work. I think you should give it a whirl.
    2) No, as the last series of Red Dwarf was the only one I found almost amusing.
    3) I have all the consoles. I once presented a show called Thumb Bandits and after one episode we had a Street Fighter 2 tournament and I played as Ken and I won and then we had Strawberry Nesquik and it was a good day.

I am Iain Lee. I am him.

Paul Muller
    Participant

I nominate this thread…

Oh, I’m not even going to bother to say it this time.

locusceruleus
    Participant

>I am Iain Lee. I am him.

If that were true, you’d have capitalised Him.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I remember Thumb Bandits. Iain Lee presented a review of “Worms Blast”, opening with the rather ridiculous words, “Worms, in 3D at last!”, forgetting entirely that Worms Blast is neither a 3D game nor, technically, a “traditional” Worms game.

Carlito
    Participant

Are you Iain Lee? Listen to the words and what they mean… is your name Iain Lee?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’m Iain Lee and so’s my wife!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Is there another series of Thumb Bandits in the pipeline, Iain?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> But we don?t make public statements saying one thing that contradict an employer?s line that we might have to follow. That would be called a conflict of interests. This is why I don?t review TV things written by Agency clients any more.

I don’t think that’s really the same, but I’m damned if I’m going to keep arguing the case for someone I don’t really care for.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

No, I don’t think it’s really the same either. But it’s Iain Lee, so fair argument be damned.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Whoever is posing as Iain Lee made me lol. In my pants.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Haha, is he doing Dave advertisements now? I have a strict ‘mute everything that’s not what I want to watch policy’ so I did not know this.

Obviously I do not just have the tv switched on with the sound off all day; that would be both stupid and impractical.

performingmonkey
    Participant

Do you know what would REALLY ruin BtE? Anyone from here appearing in it in any shape or form…

Dave
    Participant

>Do you know what would REALLY ruin BtE? Anyone from here appearing in it in any shape or form?

I’m sure Andrew’s cameo will be wonderful

littlesmegger
    Participant

I think Peter Dickson, Mr. E4, would make a ruddy good Dave announcer… plus who wouldn’t want to hear that alter-ego of his use the word Smeg? Dickson for Easter Weekend!!! *starts campaigning on his own for no reason*

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I think Peter Dickson, Mr. E4, needs a smack in the chops.

littlesmegger
    Participant

He’s a real nice guy, worked with him on a showreel once about 2 years ago. I mean yeah he’s getting a little overkill now with X Factor, Paul O’Grady, E4, Price is Right, etc… but if people keep offering him the work he’s gonna take it ain’t he.

Dave
    Participant

Hasn’t he started appearing in adverts now as well? Lessens the impact a little when you see him.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I quite like his voice. Reminds me of Patrick Allen in “The Black Adder”

littlesmegger
    Participant

> Hasn?t he started appearing in adverts now as well? Lessens the impact a little when you see him.

He’s appearing in a few E4 ones yeah wearing the purple suit. Best one was the E4 Bunker where Chavs were taking over the country.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

He?s a real nice guy, worked with him on a showreel once about 2 years ago. I mean yeah he?s getting a little overkill now with X Factor, Paul O?Grady, E4, Price is Right, etc? but if people keep offering him the work he?s gonna take it ain?t he.

Indeed, it’s not his fault – it’s the attitude that his voice personifies that I have a problem with. Particularly the E4 stuff.

littlesmegger
    Participant

> I quite like his voice. Reminds me of Patrick Allen in ?The Black Adder?

Patrick Allen did the E4 voice before he passed away, so Peter Dickson started impersonating it for the channel. And then it became that popular other channels started asking him to do it for them.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Ah right, that’d be why then…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yeah, I was surprised when I found out it wasn’t Patrick Allen. It’s very similar.

littlesmegger
    Participant

Well here’s the bit of voicework he did for me and my ‘production team’ just before I went to Uni. Not the most wonderful work, but for A-Level I think it’s fairly good!

Plus I feel I wrote some rather good E4’ish lines for him to say if I don’t say so myself! [Boast Mode Cancel]

ChrisM
    Participant

Sound’s like Tom Baker (his Little Britain stuff rather than Doctor Who.)

performingmonkey
    Participant

He must get pissed off with the Paul O’Grady ones. They mostly consist of ‘STILL TO COME…PAAULINE QUIRKE! SOME BLOKE OFF DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES! AND MORE HOMELESS DOGS!’

locusceruleus
    Participant

I doubt he gives much of a fuck what he says so long as he gets paid. Bit like Iain Lee. Except to my knowledge Peter Dickson has never publicly proclaimed a hatred for Pauline Quirke or homeless dogs.

Carlito
    Participant

Somebody tell him it’s less embarrassing if you spell it “Dixon”, as God intended.

Viewing 55 posts - 1 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.