Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum BtE merchandising

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    hummingbird
    Participant

In short, apart from the DVD, is there going to be any?

I would dearly love a die-cast Carbug.
    p2p did a mock up ‘Fritter the Critter’ T-shirt the other day http://www.ganymede.tv/atspeed/2009/04/the-berkeley-spoiler-hunt#comment-148762 and a friend commented today that they should have a Carbug Haynes manual (or at least a T shirt in the style of a Haynes manual).

What else would you like to see?

p2p_productions
    Participant

Here’s the shirt again for anyone who missed it:

A die cast Carbug would be great!

It’s unlikely, but I’d love a companion CD with the music. A Rimmer’s ‘H’ through the years display, perhaps?

si
    Participant

I too would love a model Carbug. Hell, I’d be interested to see if they can do a new-look model Dwarf.

thomasaevans
    Participant

My dad had a chat with staff at Forbidden Plannet yesterday. They said they expect alot of Red Dwarf merchandising to come in within the next few months, but the staff will have it before the store will. Ha. Kewl though.

James
    Participant

From someone who’d been collecting merchandise for the last 15 years, I think this is a perfect opportunity to get some really great stuff out there!

An original shaped Red Dwarf ship, in a descent scale!
    Whatever you say about action figures, every other show has them! And they do sell very well. I really want a dimension jumping squid right now!
    Carbug of course! Released with DVD boxset.
    Bit Crap car stickers!

I have a list…

hummingbird
    Participant

I’d love action figures if they actually looked like the characters they were supposed to be, but they never do. Rarely, anyway.
    A squid, yes. Can I have a plush one?
    ‘Bit Crap’ would make a great rubber stamp, in the style of these http://www.wishingfish.com/abusivestamps.html

p2p_productions
    Participant

Ah, man! I almost said a foam Kryten mask when asked earlier, and there was one in the comic shop. Oh, well. Still want one. :-)

>An original shaped Red Dwarf ship, in a descent scale!

Great idea. Like a replica of Hollister’s ‘paper weight’ from The End complete with glass dome?

…Or what about my very own, personal Gaspazcho Soup bowl?

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

No point. There would be no Norman Lovett action figure and without that, the entire merchandising process would be pointless.

p2p_productions
    Participant

>No point. There would be no Norman Lovett action figure and without that, the entire merchandising process would be pointless.

Actually, Hattie and I once briefly discussed Holly merchandise. We eventually settled on ‘Holly Lollies’.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Haha! Excellent!

ChrisM
    Participant

I’d think a ball would be ideal being just a head and all. (Or not all, in his case.)

Mnoooah
    Participant

>I?d think a ball would be ideal being just a head and all. (Or not all, in his case.)

WHOA… oh… wait.. okay, fine.

thomasaevans
    Participant

I think the Carbug toy was a kinda special effect and not an ACTUAL small model of the car. Can anyone who’s watched it again confirm?

DEFINATLEY should release action figures, and the new sleeping quarters set to put them in. THAT would be nice!

How about a radio-controlled skutter? Doctor Who has done all this! Give Character a call GNP!

locusceruleus
    Participant

>Actually, Hattie and I once briefly discussed Holly merchandise. We eventually settled on ?Holly Lollies?.

Sounds good, I’d me more than willing to have a lick.

Nick R
    Participant

Re: The merchandise in the comic shop:

ARRRGH TOO MUCH PRODUCT PLACEMENT IT’S ALMOST AS BAD AS IN THE LAST TWO BOND MOVIES

…is how some people might react. Not me though!

Mr Flibble
    Participant

I think the Carbug toy was a kinda special effect and not an ACTUAL small model of the car. Can anyone who?s watched it again confirm?

It looked to me like a real Smart Car model with green paint on it.

Nakrophile
    Participant

> It looked to me like a real Smart Car model with green paint on it.

Yeah, there were no extra bits on i like the stabilisers and such.

thomasaevans
    Participant

To me, its not product placement… because lets face it, these episodes are for fans… and the fans own all this shit anyway! So its totally fine with me!

si
    Participant

I saw the Starbug playset onscreen, and felt a warm glow as I looked up to the shelf where mine sits.

JamesTC
    Participant

I think Mr Flibble should have been there, you know, give him another appearance, then I can look down at Mr Flibble I have next to me and smile. Well atleast I can look to my “favourite DVD shelf” and see loads of stuff that apears in the episode, specifically Series III DVD.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

I think I should have been there too. I could have stood behind the counter and smiled.

si
    Participant

Mr Flibble is in the bottom right corner of the window, as they walk in.

JamesTC
    Participant

Hurray, Mr Flibble has now appeared in two episodes of Red Dwarf.

si
    Participant

‘Mr Flibble, part deux: The Return’

Mnoooah
    Participant

Warning: the following post is rated R for horrific images:

>Actually, Hattie and I once briefly discussed Holly merchandise. We eventually settled on ?Holly Lollies?.

>Sounds good, I?d me more than willing to have a lick.

Unless it’s Norman.

p2p_productions
    Participant

Just noticed this. In the picture on the right, there is a new Kryten action figure! It’s not the Sevans model, and I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

On the left pic is that rather fantastic Kryten mask for anyone who missed it, and also in the right one is, I believe a Japanese fan next to the SFX mag.

hummingbird
    Participant

A RD fan with Norm but not Hattie? >:(

Andrew
    Participant

There’s pretty much nothing in that shop that isn’t from the GNP cupboard, The figure was, I think, someone’s pitched concept that never happened.

TheLeen
    Participant

> never happened.

Shame!

p2p_productions
    Participant

>the GNP cupboard

The most magical place on Earth… for a RD collector. ;-))

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Mr Cupboard says I should kill you now.

(Sorry.)

si
    Participant

>A RD fan with Norm but not Hattie? >:(

How many RD fans does Norm have these days?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.