Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum BTE Pt 2 ratings imminent

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    SkyAndSun
    Participant

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=937320&page=533

21:15 – Britain’s Got More Talent – 1.33m (6.7%)
    – most watched multi-channel programme of the day [means that Red Dwarf had less than 1.33m]

Michael Warren
    Participant

Out now:

The second episode in the new Red Dwarf trilogy lost over half the audience from the first episode but was still a huge success for multichannel station Dave. The show was the second most-watched multichannel programme of the day, with 937k (4.5%) tuning in at 9pm. Clip show Red Dwarf Special: Smeg-Ups followed with 495k (2.5%).

That’s a big drop. But still double the usual highest audience figures for Dave. I think Britain’s Got Absolutely Nothing Else Good on Telly Any More probably hit the audience by a lot – peaking at nearly 12m at 8:40.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

It’s still very big. And this was expected, I think (though I’m not sure to what scale). Wonder what will happen tonight.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

I guess it had decent competition and a drop was always likely…but to lose comfortably over half of your audience in one day. The perceived (by some people)lack of quality of the first ep must have been a big factor too.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Shit. I suppose It was obviously going to happen. I think that is now officially my only REAL critisicm… should’ve been a feature length episode, not over three nights IF JUST for the casual audience.

hummingbird
    Participant

Well, we expected a drop … although I’m disappointed that they didn’t break one million.
    However, numbers aside, this: – The show was the second most-watched multichannel programme of the day – is pretty damn good.

I’d disagree that the drop was just because of a percieved lack of quality; I think a good proportion of the audience on the Friday night will have just tuned in out of curiosity, anyway.
    However, I do think that the abrupt and rather unsatisfying way that it ended may have been a factor.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

If this had been last night’s figure I think people would have be very pleased. I guess it’s about context – 2 million was epic so 1m pales in comparison.

Saturday on Easter weekend is also probably when the channels broadcast their best shows; I believe there’s less competition tonight so I reckon RD’ll go over 1m again.

locusceruleus
    Participant

There are currently 19,000 people seeding it on a certain torrent site.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

> There are currently 19,000 people seeding it on a certain torrent site.

How many of them will be overseas though?

thomasaevans
    Participant

Was a simultaneous release on itunes and other VOD services not considered for international audience?

locusceruleus
    Participant

>How many of them will be overseas though?

Quite a lot I would imagine.

>Was a simultaneous release on itunes and other VOD services not considered for international audience?

Would have been nice, but might have jeapordised deals to get it aired on the local stations in the US.

Michael Warren
    Participant

I suspect the +7 viewers will help, as well – with so much on last night, it’s inevitable that more people will have recorded things. It would have been nice if they’d reported the figures for the ja vu timeshift. I think the final numbers might push above 1.2, maybe 1.5.

si
    Participant

Doctor Who Confidential was on at the same time (well, 8.30 – 9.20pm) as well.

JamesTC
    Participant

What did the Dave ja vu repeat do? I would say it would be more than yesterday’s repeat on Dave ja vu.

si
    Participant

Do we know what Part three did yet?

Mnoooah
    Participant

Didn’t find anything, and only one review so far.

Have noticed that Season 1 on Itunes moved up the top series list from 6 to 4 since last night. Just after, interestingly, Lost in Austen.

JamesTC
    Participant

>Have noticed that Season 1 on Itunes moved up the top series list from 6 to 4 since last night

Very interesting, BtE has also made the original series sales go way up then.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Iiiiiii have no idea what that means exactly, although I hope we get some sort of summary on TOS in the near future. I will just say that any scale where RD season 1 gives LOST season 5 a solid kicking is alright with me.

Another Phil
    Participant

Does anyone know whether only the 9pm showing gets included when calculating the ratings? I only ask because I watched Part 3 on the 11:20pm repeat, and it made me wonder if those figures got included too.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Well, they don’t count towards the main rating figure but I’m sure all ratings for all showings will be taken into account by Dave when working out how much advert money they could get for any further episodes.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

I only ask because I watched Part 3 on the 11:20pm repeat, and it made me wonder if those figures got included too.

Can I just point out that unless you are one of the 5000ish people with a box, you could watch it next week standing on your head for all BARB care.

Another Phil
    Participant

I am aware of that, I only meant that the fact that I was watching it at 1120 was how the question occured to me in the first place.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

1.02 million is what the site actually says for Sunday which is a slight improvement on Saturday. I`m sure Dave would have been happy with the viewing figures if they`d been offered them at the start even if there must have been disappointment about the downturn from Friday. I would guess that whoever at the BBC didn`t want Dwarf won`t feel their decision has been proven wrong though.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

BTE Part 3: 1.2m, according to http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=31912526#post31912526

He’s including figures from Dave +1; doing so means apparently 1.2m people watched on Saturday and 2.4m on Friday.

Surely these must be considered a success… wonder whether people tuned in for the Monday repeat

EDIT: without +1 BTE part 3 scored 1.02m viewers.

EDIT EDIT: digitalspy article (where it states RD beat new Sky1 Drama Skellig): http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a152504/sky1s-skellig-pulls-in-936000.html

Dax101
    Participant

BTE should never of been split into 3 parts

JamesTC
    Participant

>BTE should never of been split into 3 parts

Despite the fact it being a 3 parter was mentioned in episode 2.

Dax101
    Participant

well if it hadnt of been a 3 parter, then it wouldnt have to of been written that way in the script :P, remember it was originally gonna be a 2 parter

should of been written as feature length adventure :P

Mr Flibble
    Participant

I’m guessing that it was a 3 parter before shooting. Just because we found out about it late, doesn’t mean it was planned late.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Well, it was definitely a three parter when they were shooting the Price Smashers scenes. But I reckon it was still a two-parter when they shot on Coronation Street – Craig isn’t on screen when he says “Back To Earth Part Three”, and it sounds to me like ADR…

Mr Flibble
    Participant

But I reckon it was still a two-parter when they shot on Coronation Street – Craig isn?t on screen when he says ?Back To Earth Part Three?, and it sounds to me like ADR?

It did smack a little of ADR, yes. As you say, it’s entirely possible it changed during the shoot.

Carlito
    Participant

Well, wasn’t Corrie filmed first (hence Rimmer’s noticeably shorter hair) and Price Smashers filmed last? So there’s your explanation.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.