Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Capture Card

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Hello this is a question not related to anything.

I have been looking at capture cards to record game footage from my consoles rather than emulators. But most of what I found requires a 2 GHz processor or above, and I have a 1.5. I know, my computer is garbage. But does anyone know of one (or know where I can look to find one) that would work with 1.5 GHz and Windows 7?

Thank you in advance.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I bought a Hauppauge HD PVR 1 to do my Sledgehammer vid, that links via USB and can handle 720 or 1080i (but no one uses 1080i for games because it’s shite)

I dont know if a HDMI version exists but I’ve found mine to be REALLY useful…

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

CALLING PADDON

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I maed a poast, but the forum eated it.

I’m hoping the post is in the moderation queue or summat, as I included Amazon.com links.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I use a Happauge 1212 HD PVR for PortsCenter – it supports Component, Composite and S-Video and is perfect for most consoles post-Dreamcast. It is, however, incompatible with lower-resolution consoles like the NES, SNES, PSone, etc. – for that you’ll want to find a component-only capture solution, such as the Avid Dazzle DVC100, which is what I use to capture stuff from the Amiga, PSone, and so on.

Both devices come bundled with faberoo software. The Hauppauge comes with TotalMedia Extreme (mine came with version 2) which can output in a number of different formats and resolutions. The Dazzle came with Pinnacle Studio 15, which is remarkably versatile. Unfortunately these two programs don’t appear to be compatible with the <em:other device, so if you end up buying both you’ll need to have both programs installed.

Picture quality is great on the Hauppauge. There’s a little bit of compression artifacting on the Dazzle, but it’s not distracting. The biggest downside of the Dazzle is it doesn’t have an output, so you’ll either be playing the game in the capture software on your PC (with the minor A/V delay that entails) or you’ll need a splitter and additional cables. Or if your TV has component out, as some TVs do, that’ll solve that problem nicely. I tend to connect my laptop up to my TV via HDMI and fullscreen the capture software while I’m playing.

There is, in fact, an HDMI version of the Hauppauge HD PVR, but I elected not to use it because (obviously) it doesn’t support non-HDMI consoles like the Wii.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

*waves magic wand*

Phil
    Participant

Maaaany thanks Danny and Ben!

And Cappsy’s magic wang.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Why is Manny thanking Danny and Ben?

si
    Participant

ISWYDT.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.