Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Custom Mount for Series 8 Gun Prop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karnie
    Participant

Hey, just wanted to share the custom mount I made for my Series 8 prison gun production prop…. just because. =) I tried to find a display case or frame, but couldn’t find anything that fit and looked good, so I decided to try to make it look as if it were ripped from the walls of Red Dwarf itself. May have gone a little heavy on the stain, but it came out roughly as I imagined.

RedDwarfGun

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

My initial thoughts were “A mount….wouldn’t a couple of nails do the job?”. But I see what you’re going for.

It still needs a little something though……..maybe a brass plaque of some kind. But yeah, pretty cool.

Phil
    Participant

Looks great actually. Nice work.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Yeah, well done! Which room’s it in then?

Karnie
    Participant

@Ori-STUDFARM: Yeah, if you look close I had actually stenciled a “13” in yellow next to the patch, then painted over it because I wasn’t thrilled with it, unfortunately you can still kind of see it through the paint, I just figure it gives it a more weathered look. =) Eventually if I can figure out if it ever actually showed up on screen, I might print an image of the screengrab alongside and make some kind of plaque, but that’s later on down the road.

@Phil: Thanks!

@HelloMabel: that would be in my living room above my collectibles case.

p2p_productions
    Participant

A gun rack..? A-a gun rack. Sch’yeah, right. I don’t even own a’h gun, let alone, many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.

What am I gonna do… with a gun rack?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

p2p wins the thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.