Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Dimension Jump XVII

Viewing 100 posts - 101 through 200 (of 243 total)
  • Author
    takerdemon
    Participant

Alex, well up for that buddy. We need a G&T callsign to identify oneselves, we’re not all as recognisable as the G&T main cast!

si
    Participant

A badge with your G&T username should work. I made myself a Si badge last time I was there, so people could turn away quickly and avoid direct eye contact as necessary.

redhead85
    Participant

I look like this *points to avatar*. I’ll be one of the mad people on the fan club team dashing around like a blue-arsed fly….

takerdemon
    Participant

I need to invest in a Megaman shirt just to make it obvious to all who I am or as least how fucking old I am.

Ridley
    Participant

We need a G&T callsign to identify oneselves

“Maybe in retrospect I should’ve said ‘pussy’.”

Pecospete666
    Participant

I’ll be carrying the S&W MP 9

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jonsmad
    Participant

Well I’m pictured in my avatar here, and happy to meet anyone, whether new to dimension jump or regular. Whether you call me by my real name or user name.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I’ll be wearing a t-shirt with the logo to the left on it for most of the weekend. I’ll also be the one carrying a new wife.

You shouldn’t use any of this to identify me, though, as I don’t want to meet any of you.

si
    Participant

You’ll be *carrying* her? Blimey, I dread to think what you did to get her to agree to the wedding.

anniescribe
    Participant

Hey Mabel, if you read this, maybe shoot me an email so we can see each other at DJ? I’m at anniescribe at yahoo dot com … :-D

HelloMabel
    Participant

Annie – Sent it off just now.

DJ vets – Do the merch booths take credit cards? Trying to figure out how much cash to convert.

mick
    Participant

If anyone fancies buying me a drink coming over and saying hello, I’m the scruffy fat shit that sleeps in the bar.

si
    Participant

Bless.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

DJ vets – Do the merch booths take credit cards? Trying to figure out how much cash to convert.

No, there won’t be any way to pay by credit or debit cards in the merch room. There are cash machines in the local vicinity, but for you international peeps, it’s best to just account for merch in cash. :)

mick
    Participant

The company I worked for selling classic car parts at events used to hire a mobile chip and pin machine (connects using mobile phone networks), was about £50 for a 4 day rental.

I know fan-club funds are limited but may be worth doing for one DJ so you can weigh up how much more (if any) was made by having the capability there, as we found out doing events people are generally lazy and also far more likely to impulse buy a few things if they can whack it on a card ;-)

Would also be useful for the auction, personally I’d be much more inclined to bid for all that lovely stuff I cant afford if I could whack it on the old monthly plastic…

ChrisM
    Participant

This is my first Dimension Jump too. Yep, card’d be nice for merchandise. (While I’m paid at the end of the month the cheque will likely not have cleared by the 3rd. I wish the boss would just pay this into my account directly – it’s quicker that way but he does like his cheques…)

That being said I probably won’t buy all that much.

takerdemon
    Participant

I think it’s probably a good thing for my wallet that I can’t buy things by credit card.

I know that we’ll end up running into each other anyway but is there gonna be an unofficially official G&T drink/photo? Just so we have it for the memories (or police identification).

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

You can take photos with us, but we charge £5 a go.

I jest, of course. It’s £6.

si
    Participant

Six quid?! That bastard charged me fifteen quid for this one, and that was *years* ago.

anniescribe
    Participant

“Just so we have it for the memories (or police identification.”

Speak for yourself. I have no intention of making myself an easy target for foreign authorities….

mick
    Participant

Man, that’s the most unflattering picture of Cappsy I’ve ever seen… I feel the need to assure everyone he’s strangely attractive in person.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Man, that’s the most unflattering picture of Cappsy I’ve ever seen

And that is saying something.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

“Who’s that guy? He’s gorgeous!”

Jonsmad
    Participant

Oh no. Just 2 weeks till Dimension Jump. But I woke up this morning and all my many years of love for the programme seems to have fallen out of my brain and been replaced with a love for Last of the summer wine. (but only the episodes featuring seymore utterthwaire.)

Such bad timing. Has this happened to anyone else? I only hope my love for the show can be regained in less than 14 days, or I’m really stuck.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Phew I’ve regained my love for the show, just in time to start a countdown.

Shouts: 10!

Jonsmad
    Participant

Nine.

anniescribe
    Participant

Maybe for you. Still ten for me. ;-)

Jonsmad
    Participant

I’m counting for you, in the time zone you’ll be joining us in though. It’s a welcome thing. :-)

anniescribe
    Participant

Then I shall return the favor :-)

EIGHT

HelloMabel
    Participant

FIVE.

si
    Participant

TWELFTY!

Jonsmad
    Participant

Numberwang.

anniescribe
    Participant

ELEVENTEEN.

Ridley
    Participant

El Nombre: counting numbers in the desert sand.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

NO. EL NOMBRE MEANS ‘THE NAME’ NOT ‘THE NUMBER’ YOU STUPID FUCKING CHILDREN’S PROGRAMME.

/rant

But seriously, that really did my head in at school…

HelloMabel
    Participant

I shudder to think what would happen if any show ever made that mistake in L.A. Probably protests, and UTLA (the teachers’ union) would sue the network that broadcast it.

MATHNET is the best kids’ math show ever.

MANI506
    Participant

ONE WEEK TO GO! I’m not going because of a wedding but I will be glued to this site throughout the wedding service, reception and party. If that’s not rude in any way.

MANI506
    Participant

My wife to be will understand (I am funny).

Ridley
    Participant

But seriously, that really did my head in at school…

That is no reason to cry, little Dan. El Nombre helped you learn to count, not to read.

For words you need El Número.

Olé!

CoziFantozzi
    Participant

If we’re quoting Spanish, finding out that Te Amo means love as in ‘I love Marmite’ screwed with my head. Made Rihanna’s song a little bit less sexy anyway. But I still love Marmite.

On a different note, who is entering the DJ costume comp, or is it a secret??

anniescribe
    Participant

SIX

ChrisM
    Participant

>On a different note, who is entering the DJ costume comp, or is it a secret?

I shall be attending as a 3000 series Mechanoid.

It’s particularly cool as I don’t need to dress up at all. ;)

anniescribe
    Participant

“It’s particularly cool as I don’t need to dress up at all. ;)”

Not even to disguise yourself as Mr. Lister, sir?

Jawscvmcdia
    Participant

Hey I’m up for meeting people on the day, I’m going alone but have been a life long fan :)

MANI506
    Participant

I made life long friendships at DJ 97. If I hadn’t gone my life would literally be very different. Wonder how my Ace is getting on.

Jonsmad
    Participant

4 Days!!!!

Just got an email from Rebecca Blackstone answering all the questions we were going to ask at the Q & A. So we’ll all just be at the bar now during her appearance.

See you there Alex. Life long fan, great you must have been a very intelligent baby, with in womb TV. Impressive.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Hey I’m up for meeting people on the day, I’m going alone but have been a life long fan :)

I’ll be going alone too.

I’m too old to be a life long fan though, but it’s certainly been a significant part of my life.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

We’ll be looking for teams of 2 to play ‘Goitless’ on Sunday, so get pairing!

takerdemon
    Participant

Seems like a lot of us solo artists are attending. If anyone wants to pair up, I’m game. If you’re a gorgeous lady then even better. Personality optional.

Yes, I’m shallow.

CoziFantozzi
    Participant

Can’t speak for the other girls but I know I’ve always had a thing for blue pixelated men ;-)

Really looking forward to meeting everyone! (I’ve made a badge for recognition purposes…..)

p2p_productions
    Participant

>I’ve made a badge for recognition purposes

Oh, yeah? …Well, that makes two of us.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I shaved all my hair off and grew a long straggley beard to make myself instantly recognisable…I’ll also probably be spending a lot of the convention time out in the main public hotel bar area with my wife and kids…Only 50% of my family are actually attending the event (including myself). The other two are officially ‘shopping’. I think it may have been cheaper to just get us all tickets!

HelloMabel
    Participant

I’m not going to make a badge because it would just draw a resounding “meh” after Rich’s badge.

But I will find you. All of you. And I will drink with you. And then I will attempt to play you some music cues while drunk, so that’ll be a laugh.

si
    Participant

>I’m not going

Neither am I!

>to make a badge

Oh.

Jonsmad
    Participant

So which Q and A. Person are you all looking forward to most?

HelloMabel
    Participant

Doug.

ClareGC
    Participant

Craig.

CoziFantozzi
    Participant

I had so many questions in my head during Series X, now can’t think of any

Incidentally for any newbies who’re driving to DJ, I phoned the hotel today and there’s no parking available – well 8 spaces which are already taken – but apparently there is a car park called APCOA about 5mins away which is £11.50 per day. Post code B5 4RT, Wrottesley Street

Claire
    Participant

Craig.

I’ll be there with Annie. :)

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Q&A-wise I’m pretty psyched about Tony Hawks, since he’s not done one before, and since I’m hoping we can get him to do the Stutter Rap.

takerdemon
    Participant

Thanks Cozi! I completely forgot about the car parking! Putting that in the sat nav when I get home!

I’ve decided to wear a Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirt tomorrow and a Megaman wristband (just so you can recognise the pixelated blue guy) so there’s something recognisable upon my person so if you see me, say “Hi” or at least tell me to “Fuck right off”.

Must say I’m also pretty psyched about Tony Hawks. I probably have loads of questions to ask but I’m more than happy to hear him tell some strange tales from quite a unique career.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Taker, it’s you we met at that quiz that time, isn’t it?

takerdemon
    Participant

It is indeed.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

and since I’m hoping we can get him to do the Stutter Rap.

You’ve become the very thing you hate.

Incidentally, I’m currently sat on the balcony of the Holiday Inn. BRING IT ON, YOU FUCKERS.

clem
    Participant

> I’m pretty psyched about Tony Hawks

He was great at a screening of Playing the Moldovans at Tennis I went to last year, with a Q&A afterwards, so I imagine you’re in for a treat.

MANI506
    Participant

Looking forward to hearing all your reactions to the weekend. Obviously hoping for big news from Doug. Wish I could be there but through G & T hoping to bask in some reflected glory!

Karnie
    Participant

Have fun kiddies! Looking forward to everyone’s reports!

NoFro
    Participant

Forgot this was this weekend. It’s crept up!

Have fun guys!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>It is indeed.

Excellent. Please don’t be offended if I can’t actually remember your real name when I see you, I’m not sure you were ever introduced to me at the time as anything other than your username.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW. Especially because it’s the first time I’ve actually taken the afternoon off work in order to arrive at a DJ for the start, instead of getting there around 8pm.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

In a change to our scheduled programming (and because for the first time in about 10 years, I’ve actually got a room booked and plan to sleep at some point) I’m sitting up the night before DJ and drinking beer instead.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Dam it. It’s 3am. I’m not ready. And I’ve 2 trains to catch later today. I want the time wand. Oh no hang on a minute that was series VIII not a popular reference. Erm. Not the time drive too series VII. I need a white hole or a stasis leak back to a few hours ago. See you all, laterish.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Hoorah I’m on a train to Birmingham and life is absolutely peachy. :-)

MANI506
    Participant

Fix him! Fix him with the time wand!

Jonsmad
    Participant

Hoorah.
    I’ve met Hello mable in a lift.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Seb Patrick wins the quiz. For tie breaker question. How many times did smeg get said. Copies of the garbage pod retain their value, as he was closest guess. Well done. I think my team was 4th. 20% of questions the answer was Tony Hawks. Who was reading the quiz out.

takerdemon
    Participant

I’ve run into one or two of you but not enough of you… I’m sorting that sonic top so come day hi or at least jump around so I know who you are!

anniescribe
    Participant

You jammy bastards. :-D

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Well, with the exception of people I had already met before and Alex from Gazpacho/Garbage Podcast, i didn’t recognise any of you and nobody recognised or bothered to introduced themselves to me….you fuckers! Where were the name badges? :-)

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Well, that was alright wasn’t it?

Kietorium
    Participant

Was fun indeed haha, Craig had to stand on a chair for me to be in a photo with him…i mean, er….fucking hell that guy is tall….

anniescribe
    Participant

Cozi – The question is, were you ever able to drive AWAY from Birmingham, finally?

mick
    Participant

Was nice meeting the few of you I met for the first time, apologies if you were one of the ones I verbally farted at while steaming drunk on the Saturday night.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My, Most Ironic Autograph from DJ XVII.

NoFro
    Participant

I like her, I like her a lot.

*runs and hides from BTE haters*

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

That’s awesome, Jon. Was that your idea?

It was an amazing weekend. I think I spoke to everyone at least once over the course, and it was excellent to meet so many new people, especially Mabel, Annie and Cozi, with their impeccable taste in Red Dwarf websites.

Our frankly ridiculous DwarfCast should be up tomorrow.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Cappsy – Isla and Sydney were signing at the same table, and had a system of “pass it along” for the next autograph going on. I completely confused them in this flow, Isla passed it and I intercepted span the page upside down, and said “could you sign it like this, so it will be upside down please.” Sydney said her hello’s and laughed, turned the page back the correct way, and I said “No seriously” and I turned it upside down again in front of her, as I said “because your character had everything wrong” and she laughed again and said “ok, let me see if i can write it backwards.” So she started signing by writing the letters out starting at the final N of StevensoN, and continued copying across reading from her upside down printed name on the booklet to work it out. Which is a pretty convoluted way about things, but I think the fact that she did that + her answer in the group Q&A to the question “would you like to be in Red Dwarf again?” “Well I died!” makes her my favourite of the female guest stars at the weekend. I’ve got a little bit of an Irene crush going on now. (Sadly she fell down the hotels left lift shaft on the way out, the one that wasn’t working all weekend.)

anniescribe
    Participant

Nothing like making random-sounding remarks for posterity about Rimmer in gingham with no reference while drinking at 11 pm, guys. I surely look forward to the Dwarfcast! :-P

Claire
    Participant

Hope you managed to edit out my coughing fits – I have hayfever. That’s my excuse for only uttering two syllables. ;)

Thanks for inviting us on the Dwarfcasts.

Ridley
    Participant

Any chance of getting a goosey at the Goitless numbers?

anniescribe
    Participant

Mabel made it home OK. I’m not sure why I’m reporting the news except I was asked to by text, and apparently even while in other countries on holiday, old reporters can be drafted to … report.

Let’s hope I make it home OK too this weekend, and that fucker on the wing falls off instead of ripping through it trying to impress Captain Kirk.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

For Ridley’s benefit the numbers were 1, 4, 27, 32 and 68.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Additional: Rolled into work this morning, half asleep and humming Stutter Rap. Oh DJ.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Glad to hear Mabel got home ok, I’m not sure I would’ve been able to get a flight that early if I’d barely slept all weekend. I only just managed to get down for breakfast on Monday morning.

Joey
    Participant

Hello – this is me fulfilling my promise to start posting again! Lovely to meet you all (that I don’t have the pleasure of knowing IRL anyway), especially Mabel, because she is lovely. Ori & Kietorium I registered you guys (I think!) but never introduced myself properly – there’s always 2014.

Best DJ ever. And this was my 10th!

takerdemon
    Participant

I missed many of you sadly although those of you I did run into were as awesome as I’d expected. I’m thinking for DJXVIII, we’ll have to arrange a little G&T mixer session in advance to ensure that we all manage to meet everyone because clearly some of us (i.e. me) aren’t great at hunting people down!

Still, those of you I did meet we frickin’ great. T’was a great way to bust my DJ cherry.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Ann – only because I was too preoccupied at that moment trying to recover my missing keys from TSA.

(They’re still missing.)

Thanks, anyway, for that as well as being a genuinely beautiful friend and letting me crash with you Friday night. I never did actually meet up with takerdemon, but it all worked out for the best.

HelloMabel
    Participant

> Hello – this is me fulfilling my promise to start posting again! Lovely to meet you all (that I don’t have the pleasure of knowing IRL anyway), especially Mabel, because she is lovely.

You too, dear; very nice talking to you! :)

anniescribe
    Participant

That’s ok – I’m feeling less tired and harried now and more sorted. :-D

It was fun meeting everyone! It may be a long time before I can return, but someday I will, and maybe Mabel can sleep in a proper bed if we share, rather than the floor, LOL!

HelloMabel
    Participant

I liked the floor. With a rolled-up jacket for lumbar support, I slept like a baby. Certainly better than the cube, I mean couch, in the foyer on Saturday. I thought of knocking on your door on the off-chance you were awake and would let me in, but looked at the clock and thought better of it.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Blimey, didn’t realise you had no room on Saturday. I saw both you and takerdemon plenty on the Saturday and tried to direct you to each other, but it was never when you were both in the same vicinity!

Viewing 100 posts - 101 through 200 (of 243 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.