Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Friday, around 3pm, The Barley Mow, Shepperton. Be there, or be a cunt

Viewing 100 posts - 1 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Ian, Jo and I will be in this delightful place from around 3, before heading the studios for the recording. If you’re going, it would be smashing to see you there for pre-event excitement.

(We have The Bull Inn as a backup, just in case The Barley Mow is SHIT, but we’ll post here if there any change of plan.)

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Fuck me, it’s come round so quickly. First the vague announcements, then Doug’s cryptic tweets, then the tickets went online. Even though we’re gettign tweets and info abotu the show. I’m finding it very difficult to completely comprehend that it IS actually happening, it’s not just hearsay, it’s not just rumour, it’s absolute FACT.

Looking forward to hearing your reactions…

redhead85
    Participant

I’ll echo Danny with the general ‘fucking hell’ sentiments and definitely intrigued to hear what you can tell us

Jo
    Participant
    Jonsmad
    Participant

As it’s now THE DAY. May I say…

“Have an absolutely brilliant amazing fantastic time guys!!!!!!”

In the pub.

Oh, and at that TV thingy as well.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Shit it’s today isn’t it!!!?!??!

*HEEEEEEEAD FUUUUUUUCK*

Alex
    Participant

Huge excitement now that it’s only a matter of hours away. It’s only marred by having just finding out that Christopher Hitchens has died. What a strange mix of elation and sadness today is turning out to be.

Kris Carter
    Participant

They’re recording new Dwarf RIGHT FRIKKIN’ NOW. Yikes!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

The Bull Inn is where Dave, Helen and I ended up. What was the Mow like?

Jo
    Participant

The Barley Mow had a nice friendly atmosphere and plenty of tables. It’s much bigger than it looks from the outside.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

So THAT’S where the Model Unit hid the TARDIS this time round. They’re really pushing the boat out aren’t they?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Same as last week? Is 3pm (ish) at The Barley Mow another meeting up point for tomorrow?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Forget this. I just had confirmation that it is…

Michaeldrayson
    Participant

So you are all going to the Mow tomorrow yeh?

Jo
    Participant

Yup!

Michaeldrayson
    Participant

See you there then!

Alex
    Participant

I’m going straight to the studio but I’ll no doubt see some of you around again.

John Hoare
    Participant

We’re going straight to the studio by car as well, but I’m sure everyone will be delighted to see MY FACE.

Ridley
    Participant

Enact plan: “Car Unrepairable, Now To Shepperton”

I'm on the list

Michaeldrayson
    Participant

I’m here at the Mow, around by the piano on my laptop!

Come on around and say hi if anyone does come here before hand…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’m here at the Mow, around by the piano

There’s a PIANO?!?!?

Michaeldrayson
    Participant

There is! It’s a rather friendly place actually! Just met many of the guys (and gals!). Was good to meet you all!

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I just looked at the title of this thread. I narrowly avoided being a cunt by about 15 minutes…Bloody taxi’s!!

Carlito
    Participant

Good to meet y’all yesterday. Kinda weird seeing faces you’ve only seen in avatars in the flesh! But nice weird.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Aye, it was very nice seeing you all. Glad to hear Michael got in, too!

Jake Bullet
    Participant

I agree Ori, bloody taxis – at least they could indicate on their cars that they are a taxi. The only thing that gave the driver away that he was a cabbie was the bluetooth earpiece in his ear :)

Hi everybody by the way – good to finally meet some of you, and sorry I ain’t posted here in nearly 3 years :)

Carlito
    Participant

Well done on your beautiful rendition of Silent Night. Hope it makes the DVD extras, along with Ian’s sick rapping skills!

Jake Bullet
    Participant

I think I could have been a little better, but the studio was quite warm and dry, my throat was quite dry and sore. Plus I can’t carry a tune to save my own life lol

I loved the guy pretending to play the piano and going “doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo” – Craig Charles in the background was pissing himself, and even the whole crew stopped what they were doing to look at him lol. Still, all good fun, I’m glad I was there, and I am glad to meet some other Red Dwarf fans from other parts of the country – it was a great night out :)

Jonsmad
    Participant

Who’s at the mow tomorrow then? We are there about 2pm.

Kris Carter
    Participant

My motley crew will be there… Uh… Eventually.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Who’s coming along this Friday, then? (starting this early to take my mind off it being Tuesday).

Kris Carter
    Participant

Me! Uh… Again! Pissed off that the Mow doesn’t do food tho’. Grumble grumble… Still, may stay at the pub for more than a microsecond this time.

si
    Participant

I am! Me and my sister. We’ll be there sometime between 4 and half past, so make your escape then.

Semi-serious note: I’m going to need to eat, what with needing to do my insulin and whatnot. I normally do that between 5 and 6, and obviously, I’m gonna have to do it a bit earlier. Do the pub do decent food, or am I better off bringing some sandwiches?

si
    Participant

Ah, just read Kris’s post re food. (In my defence, I started writing that last post an hour ago. Then I got sidetracked, and, well.)

So, is there somewhere decent to eat in the area? Or am I bringing my A-Team lunchbox?

Alex
    Participant

I’m off work on Friday and have nothing on, so in light of Doug tweeting about spares again last week i’m half tempted to take a punt again. If I do then i’ll most likely see you in the pub at some point I imagine.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

There was a chippie at the end of the road, but I didn’t have any and so can’t testify as to the quality.

si
    Participant

Chippy. Hmm. Will it be open at 4pm-ish?

Jo
    Participant

The chippie is pretty good but they shut about 2-2:30 and not sure what time they open for the evening… I’d suggest bringing something (or picking something up on the high street next to the station) just in case.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Or buy some crisps and a tasty beverage in the audience holding pen.

Or drive around until you find a Pizza Hut, like wot we did last week. Unfortunately the lingering stench of the dog shite one of my friends had stepped in (back in Cardiff!!! Talk about tracking a smell along!) meant that no-one’s appetite was particularly good at that stage. Bleurgh.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

The chips are amazing. They are open in the afternoon, as I think I was there about 5pm on the first recording date. They’re open until about 11pm.

I’ll see you all in the holding area this Friday, as I’ve got to wait for my sister to finish work and so will only be getting to the studios at the last minute. I’ve got the afternoon off on the 27th, though, so will hopefully be there at the earliest possible.

si
    Participant

Thanks for the food suggestions. I’ll be okay, I just like to find new and interesting things to worry about. :)

I’ll bring a sandwich, but hope for chips.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Mmmm. Chip sandwich.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I wish I could have a chip buttie right now…

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Well you can’t. You’ve got to have a fries buttie

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Cool, it’s going to be a busy one!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Well you can’t. You’ve got to have a fries buttie

Fries on rye with mayo, probably.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

….and give him a Pepsi free….

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

You want a Pepsi, pal, you’ve gotta pay for it…

si
    Participant

You wanna Pepsi, pal, you’re gonna pay for it.

Phil
    Participant

Should you desire a Pepsi brand carbonated soft drink the appropriate amount of currency shall have to change hands!

si
    Participant

That last post of mine – I wasn’t being pedantic against Danny, it just took about 45 minutes for my bastard phone to load. I think it’s it’s time of the month or something.

Kris Carter
    Participant

It’s not thinking fourth dimensionally…

Brayds2006
    Participant

Woah, this is heavy…

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

You keep saying that…..Is there a problem with the Earths gravity where you are?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Only if all the G&T team jump at the same time.

Brayds2006
    Participant

Only the G&T team? I’d hate to see what damage a rave causes…

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Obviously there’s significantly less risk than there used to be.

Alex
    Participant

Just been called into work Friday so I guess I won’t take a punt this week. Maybe nexct week though.

Edit: Having said that, i’ve just seen the tweet about and signed up for the waiting list for last minute tickets, so I’ll shoot up staright after work just in case and just miss you lot in the pub.

Jo
    Participant

…so I’ll shoot up staright after work just in case and just miss you lot in the pub.

FUCK YOU THEN! *folds arms* See if we even care. *hmph*

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I kinda felt bad for arriving so late at The Mow on 23rd Dec. Arriving at 4:45pm after not realising how far we were from the pub to start with. Didn’t give us much time to chat beforehand.

Then I was sorting out my old text messages the other day and found one from Cappsy saying “We’re heading off at around 4:45”. Now I could have sworn at the time that the message had said they were going at 5:00pm which is why I ordered another pint when we arrived at 4:45…I feel guilty about ordering that last pint now as well as arriving late now…

si
    Participant

I’ll shoot up staright after work

Now, Alex, drugs are no-one’s friend. They can affect your spelling, for a start.

Alex
    Participant

Now, Alex, drugs are no-one’s friend. They can affect your spelling, for a start.

Oh, fuck knuckles. It’s at times like this I miss having an edit button that doesn’t send the post to the bottom of the list.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I like that bug. I’m going to keep it on all future versions of the site.

Alex
    Participant

I like that bug. I’m going to keep it on all future versions of the site.

It’s certainly a good way of making sure a record is kept of moments of idiocy.

pfm
    Participant

Don’t know about any chips, tickets or drugs but with Ian Symes on my TV screen for 2 nights in a row, I feel like I should be doing all three…;)

That might not make any sense but…Georgia Salpa…and Emma Willis, I might add…

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

It’s the only reason I watch…..oddly, those are the only bits my wife gets up and leaves the room for.

I did ask her why…..you don’t want to know her answer!

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

It’s because she fancies me and she doesn’t want to upset you, isn’t it?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

…or maybe it’s because I don’t want to upset her and ….wait! What am I even saying!!??

Paul Muller
    Participant

Is anyone else at the barley mow this afternoon? Me and my friend Steve are sitting next to the slightly disturbing jazz mural nursing warm pints and looking awkward. Feel free to join us.

si
    Participant

Yo, Tweeps. I’ve had a bit of a set to. I’m fine – just about – but I’m running a bit late. I’ll not get to the pub til about quarter to. If that’s not too late, we can get straight off to the studio, but I’ll keep looking, just in case it is. Ciao peeps.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

Will be arriving early ish Friday and booking in at the Anchor. then hopefully make our way over. how far are the Studios from the Anchor and The Barley Mow as will be going on foot or Taxi ( depending how pricey the Taxis are .. any ideas ? )

redhead85
    Participant

> Will be arriving early ish Friday and booking in at the Anchor.

We’re staying at the Anchor (and by ‘we’ I mean me and the husband, not the puppet). Potential taxi share after the show?

Alex
    Participant

Will be arriving early ish Friday and booking in at the Anchor. then hopefully make our way over. how far are the Studios from the Anchor and The Barley Mow as will be going on foot or Taxi ( depending how pricey the Taxis are .. any ideas ? )

It’s about a 15 minute walk from the Barley Mow to the studios I believe.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

> Potential taxi share after the show?

Sounds like a Plan to me :) there is 2 of us also so should make it nice and cheap too !

>It’s about a 15 minute walk from the Barley Mow to the studios I believe.

that is pretty good, i assume they are still using the back entrance as a couple of weeks back i read they could go through the front. i believe that was a one off due to them filming out the back ?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> by ‘we’ I mean me and the husband, not the puppet)

Couldn’t get a seat for the Puppet huh?

redhead85
    Participant

> Couldn’t get a seat for the Puppet huh?

Our marriage counsellor told us we should try and get out without the penguin every now and then…

Alex
    Participant

that is pretty good, i assume they are still using the back entrance as a couple of weeks back i read they could go through the front.

Correct. The only people going in through the front are those that snap up the last minute tickets like Danny, Jezz and I did last week as you have to sign in at the reception building.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> Our marriage counsellor told us we should try and get out without the penguin every now and then…

Just out of interest, did your councillor look anything like this…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Ah seal.

#SOLITARY BROTHER#

Jonsmad
    Participant

Anyone know whos warm up man for this week.

redhead85
    Participant

/applause

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Bastards!! When me and Jakey went, we were the only ones at The Anchor! There was me expecting late night drinking at the bar discussing the filming with fellow dwarfers, and you’re all going this week!

The taxi was about £4 I think (certainly not a lot…). Jake paid and I just remembered. I never offered to give him my share. Whoops!! It was local one that a passer by could remember the number of. But it had no taxi badges or taxi radio or meter or anything. In fact, I think we may just have hijacked some old bugger out for a drive in his car!!|

As for the walk, I would say 15 minutes maybe pushing it. Possible, but at a very brisk walk that..

Be sure to ask the manager about Craig Charles Red Dwarf movie he’s filming at Shepperton!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Anyone know whos warm up man for this week.

It’s Tom Price again. Shame Ray can’t do the last episode, because he really has been tremendous and feels like such a big and important part of the recordings by now. I thought Tom was good on the 16th December, though, so it ain’t all bad.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

>As for the walk, I would say 15 minutes maybe pushing it. Possible, but at a very brisk walk that..

is that from the Anchor ? or the other one ? and £4 taxi is a bargain

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Thats from the Anchor. It’s not very far at all by car…We were going to walk but didn’t want to risk being late. My Satnav in walking mode put it at 30 minutes…

Jo
    Participant

>>>It’s about a 15 minute walk from the Barley Mow to the studios I believe.

>>As for the walk, I would say 15 minutes maybe pushing it. Possible, but at a very brisk walk that..

>is that from the Anchor ? or the other one ?

It’s 15 mins from The Barley Mow on Watersplash Rd, not The Anchor.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

>It’s 15 mins from The Barley Mow on Watersplash Rd, not The Anchor.

yeah i was looking at some maps this morn, was going to say it looked Further than that. what time Does Everyone at the Barley Mow usually leave to go to the Studios ? i hope to be there well in time.

Potatojunkie
    Participant

Hello!!

Been lurking on this site for a while now and thought i’d join up.

I’ll be in The Barley Mow from around half 3 ish on Fri if anyone wants to say hello.

Look out for the wee fat tattooed ginger Glaswegian :)

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Hello! We’ll be the massive group of nerds talking too loudly.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

>Look out for the wee fat tattooed ginger Glaswegian

Wouldn’t it have been easier to just say “Look out for the Glaswegian”?

Ridley
    Participant

Seems like Studfarm’s setting himself up to be stereotyped in the face.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I only posted knowing that I have already been to a filming and definitely won’t be near Shepperton come Friday. Trust me, I would never have posted otherwise….I’m very much like Rimmer in that regard….

Kris Carter
    Participant

No more hand-holding for you!

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

>Look out for the wee fat tattooed ginger Glaswegian

Wouldn’t it have been easier to just say “Look out for the Glaswegi
    an”?

*applauds*

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I love the word “Glaswegian” as it always brings to mind the conversation Rick has with GBH on The Young Ones whilst Amazulu play…

Rick: “Amazulu!”

GBH: “Och really….I’m a Glaswegian”

Jonsmad
    Participant

Were you the scotch person with the printed arms in the warm up banter?

Wasn’t there, so technically I have no right posting in this thread but… wasn’t the hamster called Special Patrol Group? (SPG)

I do hate being right, but I’ve checked and I am.

Potatojunkie
    Participant

Yeah, that was me. I was the SCOTS guy. :p

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

And yes….it was SPG not GBH. I’d edit that to try and look less stupid. But then my post would move to the bottom and things get all jumbled up like.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I have been RACKING my brains trying to work out what actor has GBH as his initials…

Viewing 100 posts - 1 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.