Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Futurama! 26 New Episodes! Not Movies! Resurrected!

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    peas_and_corn
    Participant

There have been a couple, but the Bongo writers are somewhat poor so I haven’t bothered reading it.

Ridley
    Participant

Figures that the anthology would be the combo breaker. :(

Ridley
    Participant

7B has mostly been Good eye em oh.

Which is nice in a way but also a bit sad in a way because the last time the characters could be on TV in a way is in a The Simpsons episode in a way.

Phil
    Participant

I haven’t caught any of it, and I don’t want to tune into the finale lest I accidentally expose my brain to Chris Hardwick.

That and I’ll just watch them all at once when they’re on DVD or Netflix or something.

Glad to hear it was good. I look forward to disagreeing with you some day.

Ridley
    Participant

Your defence of the Scooby-Doo parody better be amazing.

Ridley
    Participant

Satisfying end to the series. Essentially an episode built around Oddworld’s QuikSave.

Philip J. Fry in a fedora reminds me of Philip J. Reed in a fedora.

Although the rocket to the moon and kissing made me of Philip J. Reed as well so there’s probably nothing.to it.

Phil
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve heard a truly negative thing about the finale yet.

I look forward to watching it. On Netflix. In a year and a half. :(

Ridley
    Participant

My manwich!

Can Leela and Fry be a couple from the start this go around?

*Matrix Resurrections parody*

Oh for the love of

GlenTokyo
    Participant

As a huge Futurama fan, I’m a bit ambivalent. I obviously want to see more if everyone is available and they’re going to do it properly, but I feel like they had a pretty bloody good send off so there’s risk involved.

Also I hadn’t seen anything about this being in the works so it was a bit of a shock when I saw it on twitter earlier.

Flap Jack
    Participant

An excuse to bump a thread started in 2009? You love to see it.

On the whole, I’m happy about this news. For me, the Comedy Central era of Futurama is analogous to the Dave era of Red Dwarf – i.e. not as good or consistent as it was on its original network, but still more than good enough to be worth doing, with the occasional all time great episode. So bring Futurama back again, why not. “Meanwhile” was constructed like a series finale but it wasn’t close-ended or anything.

Shame they couldn’t get John DiMaggio back though. :-(

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Shame they couldn’t get John DiMaggio back though. :-(

I would argue that is is essentially ruinous. Fuck the whole thing off.

Dave
    Participant

I got the impression from the official statement that he’d held out for more money, they’d refused, but were hoping they could still get him on board with their lower offer.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t agree that DiMaggio’s absence would make the whole thing fruitless, but it’s still a huge disappointment. … at least he doesn’t play as many regular characters as Billy West?

I see that DiMaggio has been retweeting a bunch of people complaining about the situation, and his own tweet about it was like “Thanks for the support everyone, I’ll keep you posted”, so this is a classic negotiating in the press situation. There’s still a chance they could get him back.

cwickham
    Participant

I would be quite surprised if DiMaggio didn’t end up being on board.

Moonlight
    Participant

I have no idea where else to say this, but I’m like 90% sure the climax of 1978’s Invasion of the Bodysnatchers is parodied when Fry runs along a catwalk in his brain severing things in Parasites Lost.

cwickham
    Participant
    Flap Jack
    Participant

Sweet!

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.