Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Futurama! 26 New Episodes! Not Movies! Resurrected!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

A friend has just linked me to this:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/its-official-futurama-returns.html

FOX finally got the hint…

JamesTC
    Participant

This is a good day for TV news, first there is a very good possibility of My Name Is Earl returning and now Futurama IS returning, next Robert Llew will announce that Red Dwarf is back for an 8 episode series.

Oh and 26 fucking episodes! That is more than any season before isn’t it?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

it could well be 2 seasons of 13 eps, but who knows?

JamesTC
    Participant

Some American shows are shown in two blocks though, half of the episodes one half of the year and half of the episodes the next. I’m certain My Name Is Earl and South Park are aired that way.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I think that’s why our Season numbers in the UK don’t tally with the US ones.

Blisschick
    Participant

Network TV usually runs 21-23 eps, cable tends to break it up into two sets, one for the fall, one for the summer.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Fucking YES.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

Evil companies are turning good. First EA starts creating original IPs like Dead Space and supports Tim Schaffer’s latest game and now after resurrecting Family Guy Fox do the same to Futurama. What a pleasant surprise!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

But… it’s going to be on Comedy Central.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Also: HURRAH!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

It’s not Fox responsible for Futurama’s return – it’s Comedy Central.

Some American shows are shown in two blocks though, half of the episodes one half of the year and half of the episodes the next. I?m certain My Name Is Earl and South Park are aired that way.

This isn’t the case anymore for Earl, which has been cancelled.

Sweet something of somewhere!

si
    Participant

Lovely.

J_Spaced
    Participant

I’ll take EIGHT!

JamesTC
    Participant

>This isn?t the case anymore for Earl, which has been cancelled.

And it is possibly getting picked up by cable network TNT or other cable network TNS.

pfm
    Participant

Who gives a fuck. The DVDs were shit, weren’t they? That’s the impression I got, even though I’ve not seen them.

littlesmegger
    Participant

I adore Futurama, and the straight to DVD films were very good, and have obviously sold well enough to generate 2 new seasons. I think Bender’s Big Score was one of the best stories the programme has ever told personally.

I knew it would come back properly at some point and give the now stale Simpsons a run for its money.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

It?s not Fox responsible for Futurama?s return – it?s Comedy Central.

It’s kind of Fox’s fault too, as they make shitloads from the DVD.

This is however, excellent news.

It is two seasons of 13 BTW.

JamesTC
    Participant

Well it is still more than when the films were being brought out, we had 1 film every 4 months if I remeber.

Dave
    Participant

>Who gives a fuck. The DVDs were shit, weren?t they? That?s the impression I got, even though I?ve not seen them.

Get a grip.

> I knew it would come back properly at some point and give the now stale Simpsons a run for its money.

Actually I think lately the Simpsons has been really good again. The one where Skinner takes the idiots of the school to Capital City was great.
    “It’s time for me to do something I should’ve done as a principal a long time ago – something!”

Ridley
    Participant

Anyone else heard this?

If anyone needs me, I?ll be in the Angry Dome

Andrew
    Participant

It’s a power play, part of the negotiations. I don’t buy them carrying on an already-once-cancelled, edge-of-financial-success show without the voice cast; they’d rather just dump it.

Same thing happened with The Simpsons a few years back. “Anyone can play Homer” became the headline…just so all parties knew hardball was being played on the financial deal.

JamesTC
    Participant

Oh well, I will still watch it, the main strength is in the writing but the characters just won’t seem like themselves without the original cast.

JamesTC
    Participant

Which thinking about it leads me to wonder why they don’t make a new show but set in the same universe, sort of like a spin-off. The New Adventures of Hypno Toad and Friends.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

a friend of mine who happens to be a voice actor was very hurriedly asked to record auditions for Kiff, Zapp, Fry and Zoidberg last night.

si
    Participant

*disappointed groan*

pfm
    Participant

Even if they audition people for real it doesn’t mean they won’t negotiate again with the original cast. West has been a bit of a dick in the past, it seems, in terms of kicking up a fuss about money and rights. Whatever, they might as well end the show if they lose him and the others. Fans will just boycott/hate the new episodes without them. Money will be lost, maybe even lives.

pfm
    Participant

Apparently this could all be a big joke/setup for what’s gonna happen at the Futurama Comic Con panel. Apparently… The cast are slated to appear and it’s supposed to be a ‘showdown’ deciding whether the show will be renewed or not. Sounds mental.

JamesTC
    Participant

Well as long as David X Coen is still there doing commentaries I will still buy the DVDs.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

That’s a rumour, monkey. And I put more stock in news than I do in rumours. That’s why I don’t read the Sun.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

You can read the sun?, you’re not even meant to look at it!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

Fingers crossed this was just a stunt, as Futurama with out the original voices would be like robbie rocket pants, with out the rockets

Phil
    Participant

Robbie Pants? I went to school with him.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I went to school with the Hamburglar. We’d keep asking him why hamburgers don’t have ham in them, and he’d get confused.

Carlito
    Participant

It’s beef doing all the legwork, pork getting all the credit.

But pork and lamb, they’re the main two chops, aren’t they? Beef gets a burger, doesn’t get a chop. I don’t make the rules up, do I?

Dave
    Participant

Now I feel sorry for ham.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Ham Doctor.

Andrew
    Participant
    JamesTC
    Participant

Fuck yes. I was fucking sick of hearing twats going “I’m not going to watch it” when they obviously would if they are posting on a futurama fan site.

JamesTC
    Participant

Wait I read the next story and it says they are making a Futurama feature film, when was this announced?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

People say “I won’t watch it!” on Outpost Gallifrey all the time. Then they watch the show.

Carlito
    Participant

More importantly… according to AICN, the new “Seinfeld reunion” season of Curb Your Enthusiasm starts Sept 20. Good stuff.

Ridley
    Participant
    Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

*wipes tear from eye* it’s about time. the movies were nice, but can’t wait for the (hopefully) old style shows.

Ridley
    Participant
    karcreat
    Participant

This is GREAT News…but ONLY if they retain the original voice actors…should ‘impressionists’ be called in, I won’t have the slightest interest…

Still, hopeful it will be EXCELLENT!

-K

Ben Paddon
    Participant

karcreat there, posting from eleven months ago.

karcreat
    Participant

Ben there…posting the usual hate filled drivel from two minutes ago…

Yeah, that comment RE my comment TRULY was needed, wasn’t it, Captain Hatred?

Stay tuned, I have no doubt he will post more again VERY soon…

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.