Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Game of Thrones – Season 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

FIRST TRAILER. IT IS GOOD.

No book spoilers as always, but I’m surprised with how much they put in there. I’d be interested to see what people can infer about the storylines for this season based on that, because there is a LOT of detail in there.

Also, Pedro Pascal’s character is going to kick all the asses. He looks excellent in this.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

More thoughts:

* It seems every season needs to have Iain Glenn say something profound in his gravelly voice. For the ladies
    * Jon Snow looks and sounds BORED. He is awesome.
    * Aiden Gillen as Littlefinger continues to be a bit shit, despite having the gift of one of the best characters in the series.
    * I’m not sure if anyone has picked up on this before, but Peter Dinklage is quite good, isn’t he?

Ridley
    Participant

Seeing the bigger diversions from the books play out should be interesting.

Ridley
    Participant

Jaqen H’ghar didn’t change his face in season 2, he was just recast mid-scene.

Ridley
    Participant

So this is a thing.

And this is an understandable perspective.

Ridley
    Participant
    Ridley
    Participant

That.

si
    Participant

The other?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

The new trailer is fucking GREAT:

I’m amazed that Aiden Gillen has somehow managed to get even worse as Littlefinger. I think this must be an evil clone of the man from Queer as Folk and The Wire.

However, there’s little else about this season that doesn’t look utterly amazing.

Ridley
    Participant

However, there’s little else about this season that doesn’t look utterly amazing.

There was that one eye that looked askew…

Ridley
    Participant

si
    Participant

One *woman*? Vince is going to be horrified.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Hah, I read that that change had happened before the episode but it really was fine in the end. I think the change was made because Catelyn is very rarely called Cat in the show, but whatever, it makes no real difference. The impact of the line is purely because of the action that followed, Littlefinger crushing Lysa’s spirit just before he pushes her out of the door, so the exact wording is secondary to the actual act itself.

This is why I don’t tend to read Tumblr any more. The last straw was the outrage about Pedro Pascal not being “brown enough” to be Dornish.

Ridley
    Participant

Defangs the moment a bit for me. Especially when you have that winterwinterfellfell Sansa scene before it that can draw attention to the name.

—-

Most of my Tumblr reading is Racebending’s and whatever links turn up in my Twitter feed which filters out the unpleasant crazies. Had hoped Daario and others from Essos would get to be played by POCs thanks to series Syrio Forel (and I agree with a comment I saw about how Daario now just looks like any other generic guy from Westeros) but on the matter of Dornish peoples… I don’t know.

Last disappointing fan thing I saw was AV Club proclaiming that “This alternate ending to Tyrion Lannister’s rant is perfect” at the trial in which the punchline is Skee-Lo’s I Wish. Which rather seems to miss the point.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

My view is the Dornish should be POC, but also Pedro Pascal is exactly that. And the perfect actor for the role to boot. He’s been outstanding and I’m really pleased with how he’s reminded everyone of the events of Robert’s Rebellion as the show has mostly ignored them since now.

Dinklage is guaranteed all the awards this season, though. In fact the season as a whole will, especially since the next three episodes will most likely be the most significant the show has ever had, and its already been a very good season.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.